• indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I think this...

"Rachel Rapkin is a sophomore in the College of Liberal Arts"

...explains a lot. And, yes, she needs some education outside the walls of Purdue's lecture halls.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I am so glad that the police and military personnel have been stripped of there emotions so they can handle guns safely! That is the kind of idiotic fear that comes from not having a clue!! Obviously all of her research was done watching TV!

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    I think this...

"Rachel Rapkin is a sophomore in the College of Liberal Arts"

...explains a lot. And, yes, she needs some education outside the walls of Purdue's lecture halls.

hey now! lol im in the school of liberal arts here at IUPUI...but at least im actually educated on firearms and recognize the absolute nonsense that is being spread through this article; people like this are absolutely ridiculous and need to learn to think for themselves outside of what their college professors tell them.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    hey now! lol im in the school of liberal arts here at IUPUI...but at least im actually educated on firearms and recognize the absolute nonsense that is being spread through this article; people like this are absolutely ridiculous and need to learn to think for themselves outside of what their college professors tell them.
    Props to you. I don't think I could stand a class from professors in that school due to spreading crap like this lol

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    The title of the article is some what misleading. It didn't seem to touch on registration much at all other then briefly in the last paragraph and even then the point she was trying to make was not clear to me.

ejm874

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    NWI/Indy
    "I wouldn’t be able to concentrate in class because I would be thinking about how many students could have a gun near me."

Me too sweetheart, me too.

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    Props to you. I don't think I could stand a class from professors in that school due to spreading crap like this lol

it is hard to deal with at times, but my classes are geared towards criminal justice, so its not always so bad, im majoring in sociology with a focus in criminal justice with a minor in criminal justice, i actually found it surprising how many of my professors are actually pro 2A

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    it is hard to deal with at times, but my classes are geared towards criminal justice, so its not always so bad, im majoring in sociology with a focus in criminal justice with a minor in criminal justice, i actually found it surprising how many of my professors are actually pro 2A
    That is surprising

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Someone said you have to be 21 to get a LTCH. I got mine at 19, many get them at 18. I can't reply because I don't a Facepalm account or whatever it's called. Could someone correct him?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

They are definitely out there, when I worked at the gun store in MI some of my best customers were faculty from both MSU and U of M. Built a couple of 1911's for the U of M guy too.

tightlines

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    West of Indy
    I am a recent graduate of IUB. It seems that a primary objective of many college professors is the indoctrination of young minds. I always found it funny to see how quickly a learned professor could sway the minds of underclassmen when discussing whatever topic was 'hot' in the news. It's a shame more high schools do not emphasize the importance of being able to think for yourself. More kids would have a fighting chanc when they arrive at college and are attacked by the left.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I found her email address in the Purdue directory and sent her a lengthy email discussing a few points. She's been given links to INGO and a few threads regarding self-defense using a gun. We'll see if I hear back.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    That young lady should understand it was Gun Control that killed and wounded the people in Aurora. The Scum Bag knew where the guns would not be that evening.

Top Bottom