• ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I emailed a response:
    If you do any research in gun registration, you will see that it is almost always followed by gun confiscation (from all but criminals, as criminals didn't register). What has then followed gun confiscation (or gun control as they always call it) was the following:

1915-1917 in Turkey, 1-1.5 Million Armenians (mostly Christians) killed.

1929-1945 in Soviet Union, 20 million killed, mostly political opponents and farming communities.

1933-1949 in Nazi Germany and Occupied Europe, 20 million killed. Jews, political opponents and Gypsies.

(Due you realize that Gun Control enacted in this country in 1968 was almost verbatim taken from Nazi Gun Control?)

1927-1949 in China, 10 million killed, Political Opponents.
    1949-1976 20-35 million killed.

1960-1981 in Guatemala, 100-200k killed, Mayans or other political enemies.

1971-1979 in Uganda, 300k Christians and political enemies killed.

1975-1979 in Cambodia, 2 million educated persons and political enemies killed.

1994 in Rwanda, 800k Tutsi people killed.

ALL of these followed REGISTRATION of guns, then CONFISCATION of guns. If you wonder why so many Americans fight against EVERY SINGLE GUN CONTROL MEASURE, it is because gun control has NOTHING to do with the guns. It has everything to do with controlling the population. All major genocides in history are prefaced with registration then confiscation of firearms, until those subjects have no way of defending themselves from tyranny.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ok, everyone put down the JPFO books.

The article was just silly. It had nothing to do with registration.

It was merely "daddy's guns scare me and I want a pony". I do not believe this is anything about which to run around the conference room table.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Props to you. I don't think I could stand a class from professors in that school due to spreading crap like this lol
    I didnt think she was from IUPUI and our liberal arts is a iu program

hey now! lol im in the school of liberal arts here at IUPUI...but at least im actually educated on firearms and recognize the absolute nonsense that is being spread through this article; people like this are absolutely ridiculous and need to learn to think for themselves outside of what their college professors tell them.
    really you a student or staff as I work for the school?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Well, if attempting to register a gun with Purdue is anything like trying to get most things done with Purdue it will be damned near impossible. It's likely that no one would have the patience to actually see the process through.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Hey it's just as bad at BSU. I have a friend who vehemently believes the head of their CJC department when he taught them that it is illegal to use a handgun for ANY type of self-defense when you're not on your own property. What's worse, being completely liberal or completely ignorant to fact of law?

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    hey now! lol im in the school of liberal arts here at IUPUI...but at least im actually educated on firearms and recognize the absolute nonsense that is being spread through this article; people like this are absolutely ridiculous and need to learn to think for themselves outside of what their college professors tell them.

This is one thing I love about dental school. 90% of those politically motivated in the school are conservative, including the instructors. There are a few that try to interject their liberal BS during a lecture every once in awhile...I make sure to quickly shut any of that nonsense down with boisterous retorts from the back of the room haha. I put up with enough of that nonsense in undergrad I am sick of it and just don't hold back anymore...good times

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Props to hoosierdoc! I, for one, just don't feel the patience to deal with a brick like this young woman.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    As a graduate of Purdue, I am on a yes and no with the idea that "don't believe anybody should have a gun". There are crazy people out there, killers, bad people, etc. But having guns is the same as having knives, bats, anything that can be used to kill someone. The reason that people are afraid of guns more is because of how unique it is compared to other weapons used in history, how loud it is, how destructive and impersonal compared to other weapons used. I carry a weapon daily, have trained but I am not a cop, not military. People have defended life, and property with weapons before the formation of the military and before the police was ever a concept. I have heard and read about how poorly trained some police officers are when it comes to firearms proficiency. Only the most dedicated will hone their skill enough to truly be useful. More civilians than cops are highly trained than them.

The author said she wouldn't be able to concentrate not knowing who is armed. Having attended Purdue in West Lafayette, I can tell you for a fact that I knew fellow students who carried pocket knives and it isn't a rare thing. So would it bother you that an unknown number of fellow students around you are carrying a tool that can be used as a weapon? Why talk about guns, when you can pick on the martial arts club members who some can bring "training" weapons on campus, and all they have to do is hide it in a bag.

Kw1P

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Mishawaka
    twice at virgina tech someone shot a bunch of students. I bet you wouldnt have trouble concentrating if the guy sitting next to you saved your life with a glock he had tucked under his sweatshirt. I bet you would apply for your LTCH the next day and hit the range asap.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My first thought was, I'm gonna be sick.

2nd, I didn't see comments, must be because I was on the mobile site, and couldn't get to the full sight.

3rd. Thanks young lady. We were waiting for you to solve our problems. We couldn't do it ourselves, millions of people hundreds of years, just in this country.

And, agree with everything said here (INGO comments, not hers).

Last edited:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    OK, I read the "Essay"...

The Conclusions I came to after reading it;
    1. She really needs to go the Registers Office and demand refund for "education" she has received to date from the University...
    2. She also needs to head to her High School the next time she is home and tell her Teachers and Administrators Thank You for teaching me nothing...
    3. Her Parents, should demand of both her Educational Institutions what the **** they are being paid to teach her...

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    OK, I read the "Essay"...

The Conclusions I came to after reading it;
    1. She really needs to go the Registers Office and demand refund for "education" she has received to date from the University...
    2. She also needs to head to her High School the next time she is home and tell her Teachers and Administrators Thank You for teaching me nothing...
    3. Her Parents, should demand of both her Educational Institutions what the **** they are being paid to teach her...

I commented on the article site saying I felt sorry for the money spent on a education that she hasn't gotten. :):

Top Bottom