• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'm not hatin'. I was just hoping for something that would discuss a student's right to carry while on campus. My hopes were dashed when I read the linked material.
    Yeah, that's basically why I shared it here. This girl is/was COMPLETELY CLUELESS. It was a waste of everyone's time to read and I merely shared it in hopes some here would have more time than I to offer her a PROPER education on firearms, LOL.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Someone needs to take her to the range.....

I am strongly considering emailing her and making that exact offer. And I will give her my office number so that she can stop by and meet me first. Most likely I will take my daughter along to shoot with us, she is a Purdue grad, and an ER RN. And she believes in carrying.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    No worries here. I was in the car with 3 co-workers yesterday from St. Louis to Indy when the subject of automatic glock pistols, assault weapons and 100 round clips came up. Some people just don't have a clue and most of them aren't willing to listen.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    No worries here. I was in the car with 3 co-workers yesterday from St. Louis to Indy when the subject of automatic glock pistols, assault weapons and 100 round clips came up. Some people just don't have a clue and most of them aren't willing to listen.
    Yep.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The header was derived from the title of the column. :dunno:
    The title the paper gave to the letter was "Guns should be carefully registered", not that in order "to carry on campus", just "register your guns".

Incidentally, how do you carefully register your guns. Everybody, register your guns, but be careful while doing it. Fill out those registration forms with care. Mind your spelling.

seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    Like many people who share her opinoin that guns are just unsafe, I would be willing to bet that she has never been educated in safe gun usage nor ever shot one. Dont knock it till you try it.

thekuhnburger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    West Lafayette
    It's the exponent... If you haven't read it before, this is pretty typical. Just reminds me that these are the people who go out and get journalism jobs. Even for the relatively "conservative" Purdue campus the exponent is unbelievably uneducated on 90% of what it writes and very liberally biased. Now you see what I get to read every morning! boiler up!

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    When I was at Purdue 2001-2005, I had 2 or 3 letters to the editor published each year in the Exponent...most of them addressing the gross stupidity of a staff editorial column.

While one would hope a world-class educational institution could teach 'journalists' the need to research a topic before reporting and/or espousing on it...the fact is no amount of education can fix stupid.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    It's the exponent... If you haven't read it before, this is pretty typical. Just reminds me that these are the people who go out and get journalism jobs. Even for the relatively "conservative" Purdue campus the exponent is unbelievably uneducated on 90% of what it writes and very liberally biased. Now you see what I get to read every morning! boiler up!

And some people wonder why I don't touch The Exponent any more.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    When I was at Purdue 2001-2005, I had 2 or 3 letters to the editor published each year in the Exponent...most of them addressing the gross stupidity of a staff editorial column.

While one would hope a world-class educational institution could teach 'journalists' the need to research a topic before reporting and/or espousing on it...the fact is no amount of education can fix stupid.
    LOL

My buddy's favorite line: I can buy boobs, a butt, hips, and lips....but you can't fix "stupid" :laugh: They gotta have a brain first.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    When I was up there we had a description for girls like her. She was working on her Mrs. degree. Liberal arts majors that didn't really care about getting a good education, just trying to meet Mr. Right (who makes a lot of money) and get married so she wouldn't have to use their degree anymore.

The Exponent is distributed every morning and there are stacks of them around campus. We had a saying that "you had to take your morning excrement (exponent)" on the way to class.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    You know what class I hate the most in college? Statistics. I hate how people can quantify certain things. This goes with anti gun people. They like to throw numbers at us and use those as the only excuse for why guns are bad. People also like to ask for proof as if what you say needs to always be backed up by absolute fact.

Top Bottom