• Would you shoot Sasquatch?

• Total voters

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Not only would I blast Bigfoot on sight. I would sell its carcass to the highest bidder, write a book about it, develop a Movie and TV show as well...

jsheets1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Portage NWI
    Once when I was deer hunting I thought I saw sasquatch. He was riding a 12 point through the woods bronco style. Right about then I darn near fell out of my stand and woke up!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I probably would not shoot, but mostly because the sasquatch reminds me waaaaay too much of a girl I used to date.

Scutter if you saw me "BUTT-NAKED" You swear I'm a bigfoot, cause I have a hairy back & hairy everything, i'm so hairy you can't even see my butt-crack:D So maybe they aren't so imaginary:laugh:

[STRIKE]Gentlemen[/STRIKE] Guys, PLEASE! Do the letters TMI mean anything to you? If not, allow me to elaborate: TOO MUCH INFORMATION! <shudder>

What if it yells back in Fran Drescher's voice? IMHO, that would dramatically change my reaction.

KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!! (or nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.)

...I would trust a Werwewolf ....

THERE, wolves... There, castle!

It depends on what Sasquatch is doing. If he's sitting quietly on a downtown bench reading "Much Ado About Nothing" on his Kindle, then I'd probably give the hairy bastich a pass.

If he gets all up in my grill, real' aggressive-like, then he's just askin' for it.

And may God have mercy on his soul.

Aggression against the Rhino? Man, there's a reason they say stupid should hurt. It's only because that he is a very patient pachyderm that has kept Kirk Freeman alive for so long. (Edit: This is not to insinuate that the inimitable Mr. Freeman is at all stupid. I regret any misunderstanding that may have occurred.)

Oh, and the 'squatch? You'd have to hit squarely in the middle of one eye, because his pelt is bulletproof. I'm thinking I'd tan the pelt and then duct tape pieces of it to my back to withstand multiple .308 hits and use the claws to make the special boots for climbing walls. :whistle:

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Ummm, how about befriend him/her?

Of course not!!!! I wouldn't try to kill it, I'd try to get acquainted with him/her, like Jane Goodall did with the gorillas, and maybe make friends with him/her.

Ok, maybe I'm a nutcase, but please, PLEASE, someone tell me why ALL humans have to shoot and kill what they don't understand????? Take him/her home for a backyard pet, NO, but maybe be accepted as a visitor in his/her den, yes!

I've been "into" animals all my life, and worked with more than one breed (ok, camels are ugly and they spit! There's always an exception to the rule) and there really hasn't been any animals either myself, or my friends have not been able "co-habitate" peacefully. I mean really, with someone that big having your back, who's really gonna mess with you????

I love all animals, and our neighbors actually got together this spring to request that I get TrueGreen out here to control our Dandelion population so it would quit spreading around the neighborhood. Bunnies, MY bunnies, eat dandelion leaves, and since their mom's leave them at 2 weeks old, they need all the help they can get! Plus I grew up in a big city in CA, and had never seen a bunny (or deer) in the wild till I moved here! I wouldn't hit an animal in my car, even if it meant my driving off into a ditch (been there, done that), and can see a mouse 20 ft in front of my car.

Humans? Well, they're a bit to tall for my headlights to pick out, so walking out in front of my oncoming car, in the middle of the night, they take their own chances. (And just let it be known, before I catch any flack, I NO LONGER drive at night, for that reason)! But Sasquatch, now THAT would be exciting!

Making friends would be a big + in my book, and having a friend who wouldn't know the meaning of "stabbing me in the back", would REALLY be an asset! Think of the survival skills they could teach us! How long have they been eluding capture and imprisonment in a zoo of some sort? Could we, if some calamity befell us, survive as well?

Think about it BEFORE you grab your gun and set your sights on the latest prize to grace your wall. This could be a GOOD thing! Co-existence could be a BIG +, and a really good thing for the future survival of our race! They did!
    May the light at the end of your tunnel, be NOT one of an impending, innocent, target!!!!! Regards, 7th Stepper

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    [STRIKE]Gentlemen[/STRIKE] Guys, PLEASE! Do the letters TMI mean anything to you? If not, allow me to elaborate: TOO MUCH INFORMATION! <shudder>

KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!! (or nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.)

THERE, wolves... There, castle!

And may God have mercy on his soul.

Aggression against the Rhino? Man, there's a reason they say stupid should hurt. It's only because that he is a very patient pachyderm that has kept Kirk Freeman alive for so long.

Oh, and the 'squatch? You'd have to hit squarely in the middle of one eye, because his pelt is bulletproof. I'm thinking I'd tan the pelt and then duct tape pieces of it to my back to withstand multiple .308 hits and use the claws to make the special boots for climbing walls. :whistle:

Blessings,
    Bill

It's a good thing that I'm married to him, or his furry back, chest, and rump would be a trophy on MY wall!!!! We gals have our tricks too! hehehehe :rockwoot:7th Stepper

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Of course not!!!! I wouldn't try to kill it, I'd try to get acquainted with him/her, like Jane Goodall did with the gorillas, and maybe make friends with him/her.

You go [STRIKE]boy[/STRIKE]! Girl! ;)

Timothy-Treadwell-Grizzly-Man.6.jpg

Bear hugs and Bear kisses, Tim.

Last edited:

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    You go boy!

Timothy-Treadwell-Grizzly-Man.6.jpg

Bear hugs and Bear kisses, Tim.

PrintCraft, ROFL, either you have mistaken me for Jane Goodall, or don't realize that Bill of Rights is my husband! However, you tickled me pink! And honey, if that's a picture of you, BOY do I have a gorgeous 23 year old that I'd like you to meet! Bear Hugs & Bear kisses to you too, and a few Eskimo snuggles as well! 7th Stepper (aka Bobbie, Mrs. BOR) You are SOOOO cute!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    PrintCraft, ROFL, either you have mistaken me for Jane Goodall, or don't realize that Bill of Rights is my husband! However, you tickled me pink! And honey, if that's a picture of you, BOY do I have a gorgeous 23 year old that I'd like you to meet! Bear Hugs & Bear kisses to you too, and a few Eskimo snuggles as well! 7th Stepper (aka Bobbie, Mrs. BOR) You are SOOOO cute!

His Avatar is really his Picture...
    Not the one that you copied... ;) :popcorn:

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Me too!!!

With a proper marinade on the grill that is... ;)

Ok Jeremy, have you ever seen the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes"? I refer to the part where the law enforcement official came looking for the previous one who'd been dispatched to uncover a crime scene?

He ate the best Ribs he'd ever tasted, not realizing that they belonged to the agent he was looking for?!

BBQ is GOOD, and I alone (I'm pretty sure) have the "Trader Vic's" recipe (he's got a couple of very famous restaurants on the West Coast) for Rum Marinated Ribs. My brother in law was in the Navy with Vic, and that's how he got it, and passed it along to me. So....BBQing is a thing I do exceptionally well! Just ask BOR! Wanna join us for dinner? <evil grin!> 7th Stepper :D

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Ok Jeremy, have you ever seen the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes"? I refer to the part where the law enforcement official came looking for the previous one who'd been dispatched to uncover a crime scene?

He ate the best Ribs he'd ever tasted, not realizing that they belonged to the agent he was looking for?!

BBQ is GOOD, and I alone (I'm pretty sure) have the "Trader Vic's" recipe (he's got a couple of very famous restaurants on the West Coast) for Rum Marinated Ribs. My brother in law was in the Navy with Vic, and that's how he got it, and passed it along to me. So....BBQing is a thing I do exceptionally well! Just ask BOR! Wanna join us for dinner? <evil grin!> 7th Stepper :D

Sure! :rockwoot:

As long as I do not have to do the dishes afterward...

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    And if that's what he stood for, and was willing to die for, then he has won honor in my book, and the book of my friends! And if that's what PrintCraft is "into", he's more than OK in my circle of friends.

I would LOVE to do something like that, or as another photographer (who's name escapes me) photographs wild Mustangs on BLM land in Nevada, this would be my dream come true! And our daughters as well!

Have you ever seen an 8 year old child, sit in the middle of the back 5 acres of county property, and hand feed wild deer, raccoons, bunnies, squirrels, and a few skunks, simply sitting there with the food in her lap? Or have a wild Hummingbird land on her ear, before it went for the feeder above her head?

This is the child BOR and I have been blessed with, and were she given the chance to make a difference in the animal world, she would do so in a heartbeat, accompanied by her parents! I've trained horses from 4 year olds, into Champions, gentled Mustangs into practically house pets, and Experienced Rider Only horses, into ones you could trust your 2 year old to get on and try to ride.

Animals have always been a big part of our lives, starting back when I was 6 years old, on my grandfathers property in Upstate NY, where hunting was permitted during dear season. Ever seen a small child, dressed in orange, running wild thru the underbrush yelling "RUN!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!! THEY'RE TRYING TO KILL YOU!!!"? Yup, that was me. And no, I didn't win any popularity contests that year, almost no one bagged a deer because of what I did. I didn't do it knowingly, it was just a matter of LOVE for the beautiful creatures that they were.

This still holds true, and once I acquire my carry license, it won't be animals that should be wary of me. It should be humans, bent on harming, maiming, raping, beating or otherwise abusing their so called loved ones, or people they don't even know, who should NOT even attempt to break into our home. Because here, we practice what we preach! A weapon, be it a hand gun, rifle, shotgun, or whatever, is nothing more than a tool, it's the person holding it who is and should be held accountable for the actions taken with it! IMO! And yes, on this subject, I become very passionate about. Animals, no matter how dangerous they can be when cornered, can be deadly, but they do so out of instinct, humans do so out of malice, greed, or just plain viciousness! They should be the ones who're hunted, not the vice versa! 7th Stepper

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You didn't use the word "Sasquatch", "Bigfoot", or even "Yeti" once in that whole post. Please go back and rewrite it.

Thank you.

ETA: I would have also accepted "Chupacabra".

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    You didn't use the word "Sasquatch", "Bigfoot", or even "Yeti" once in that whole post. Please go back and rewrite it.

Thank you.

ETA: I would have also accepted "Chupacabra".

AHHHH! Scutter, Chupacabra is native only to Puerto Rico, and NONE of us want to befriend that thing! Don't you ever watch the SYFY channel? It eats people, animals, and all sorts of other moving things! EEEKKKK!

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    AHHHH! Scutter, Chupacabra is native only to Puerto Rico, and NONE of us want to befriend that thing! Don't you ever watch the SYFY channel? It eats people, animals, and all sorts of other moving things! EEEKKKK!

"Native" being the operative word. The worst part is that as they've spread, they've started to breed with local wild and domestic animals. Soon we'll have reports of Chupasquatches and Yetacabras. Mark my words, this will get out of control and people will be eaten.

Top Bottom