• Would you shoot Sasquatch?

• Total voters

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    And if that's what he stood for, and was willing to die for, then he has won honor in my book, and the book of my friends! And if that's what PrintCraft is "into", he's more than OK in my circle of friends.

Tim Treadwell was not just an avid animal enthusiast, ala Steve Irwin. He was way off his rocker though he had a good heart. If you have the time or inclination I recommend watching Grizzly Man. It's excellent.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Tim Treadwell was not just an avid animal enthusiast, ala Steve Irwin. He was way off his rocker though he had a good heart. If you have the time or inclination I recommend watching Grizzly Man. It's excellent.

This. /\

He seemed like a genuine kind of person but someone had popped all the tops on his six-pack.

I don't blame the bears for Tim's fate, they were doing what animals do.

People are shocked when animals attack, we have dogs that are domesticated, consider yourself lucky as they sometimes attack as well.

We don't have armor, claws, sharp teeth, thick skin to defend ourselves with
    the only thing keeping us from being near the bottom of the food chain is our brains.

Let's use our brains and be safe out there. :yesway:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Ok, maybe I'm a nutcase, but please, PLEASE, someone tell me why ALL humans have to shoot and kill what they don't understand?????
    A lack of understanding leads to fear. Fear is contagious, we shoot, the fear goes away and we feel more gooder.

And it is not all humans, just Men.

I admit your post was too long so I only skimmed it. Men are also ADD when they see Peace and Love stuff in writting............but Chinese for dinner tonight!

p1010003.jpg

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I would LOVE to do something like that, or as another photographer (who's name escapes me) photographs wild Mustangs on BLM land in Nevada, this would be my dream come true! And our daughters as well!
    I am pretty sure you DON'T want to hear stories about how old timers use to run horses off cliffs with planes.

It is also why you never see Bigfoot walking out in the open near cliffs. He saw what they did to the horses.

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    This still holds true, and once I acquire my carry license, it won't be animals that should be wary of me. It should be humans, bent on harming, maiming, raping, beating or otherwise abusing their so called loved ones, or people they don't even know, who should NOT even attempt to break into our home.
    You should skip watching the Gentle Ben bull**** bad science of Tim Treadwell and watch Hobo with a Shotgun with Rutger Hauer.

Of course this thread is filled with nothing but Good Science!

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    humans do so out of malice, greed, or just plain viciousness! They should be the ones who're hunted, not the vice versa! 7th Stepper
    You also come off as a big Ernest Hemingway fan:

There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.
    Ernest Hemingway

Remember he also liked to machine gun sharks while looking for Nazis. Its a guy thing. It is also why you never see a Squatch swimming in the ocean. He saw what happened to the sharks.

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    "Native" being the operative word. The worst part is that as they've spread, they've started to breed with local wild and domestic animals. Soon we'll have reports of Chupasquatches and Yetacabras. Mark my words, this will get out of control and people will be eaten.
    I saw a Chupayote once but he was cute so I let him live.

I let him live and he ate an entire family on a picnic at a Jellystone Park Campground. So much for Mr. Ranger coming to the rescue.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    I saw a Chupayote once but he was cute so I let him live.

I let him live and he ate an entire family on a picnic at a Jellystone Park Campground. So much for Mr. Ranger coming to the rescue.

There's some sage wisdom in allowing that Chup to live and saving the bullet initially. By allowing him to eat those people, your fattening him up for a rainy day and technically if you put him down for food at a later time it's not a case of cannibalism, WELL PLAYED sir!:popcorn:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    There's some sage wisdom in allowing that Chup to live and saving the bullet initially. By allowing him to eat those people, your fattening him up for a rainy day and technically if you put him down for food at a later time it's not a case of cannibalism, WELL PLAYED sir!:popcorn:
    Of all the people who have posted in this thread....................you may be the sickest one of all! But I hear ya Bro.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    If I were in the woods hunting for sasquatches (sp?), then yes. If not, then no.

Since I can't remember the last time I went sasquatch hunting, the answer is likely no. However, if he's agreeable to posing for just a sec, I do have a neat new cell phone camera.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    I am pretty sure you DON'T want to hear stories about how old timers use to run horses off cliffs with planes.

It is also why you never see Bigfoot walking out in the open near cliffs. He saw what they did to the horses.

Hi Zoub, unfortunately I've seen those movies, and they make me angrier than a cornered Cougar defending her cubs! I've been in the horse world for a little over 30 years now, as a trainer, gentller (NEVER break a horse, it breaks their spirit as well.), teacher, and all around working Cowgirl.

I could and did ride just about every horse that was on the Ranch I worked at as a Medic, even the "experienced rider only" ones. They say horses are stupid, try a group of wannabe cowpolks, on a weekend, showing up to ride in their Gucci heels, and Victorias Secret jeans & shirts. Now THAT was stupid! Worse were the ones who claimed to have ridden all their lives, but once they got out in the yard to mount up, we'd get the question of "uhhh, which side did you say you get on a horse from"? DUMB!

The BLM has instituted an adopt a Mustang program now, and quite a few are adopted, but left to roam the range. I have several friends who've done just that, and gentling them, altho a real challenge, can be very rewarding. They have the stamina of an Arab, the surefootedness of a mule, and a sweet temperment if you treat them with kindness and love.

When they had the Santa Cruz, CA fire several years ago, everyone at the ranch who had a truck with a trailer hitch, and a trailer, loaded up and took off to rescue whatever we could find. Pigs, cows, sheep, dogs, cats, (even a few chickens) and many many horses that their owners were forced to leave behind because of the fast moving fire. We were some of the very few that the FD would let thru to do our work.

We took them all up to the ranch and housed them there until their owners could come get them. That was a rewarding experience, and a little singeing never hurt anyone.

Run free Mustangs, Run Free!
    7th Stepper

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Sure! :rockwoot:

As long as I do not have to do the dishes afterward...

Jeremy, I didn't ask you over to eat dinner, I was asking if you wanted to BE dinner! ROFL! And don't worry, we have a dishwasher, 3 grills, and not blowing my own horn, an excellent chef! Just ask BOR! Hugs, 7th Stepper:D

Top Bottom