• Total voters

linkinpark9812

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lake County, Town of Munster
    just got home from illinois, lock the front door oh boy

i would not, and this is why im so anxious for Illinois's law to be turned over because im single digit miles from the border. worked in lansing until last year

X2, and I live in Munster. I am near community hospital. I think I am about 1 mile or less from the border. You can go to stracks in Munster with your weapon, but not its neighbor Goodwill (considered IL).

When I start carrying, I will have to be careful. Not so much as when I am DRIVING or walking as i know where the border is. However if I am in a car with someone else driving, I would have to tell them ABSOLUTELY DO NOT GO TO ILLINOIS WHATSOEVER!!!!!!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I would legally carry THROUGH IL as in the back of my van or car in a case with the mag out. As long as I don't stop any longer than to get gas or a bite to eat, I'm good to go and not breaking the law! :D

Shep79

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Bainbridge
    The most logical decision is to stay out of Illinois. I have to travel to and through IL on business...if going to IL I do not carry...if going through IL I have it in the trunk and immediately upon entering MO I stop and strap it on! I'm not willing to risk a lifetime of "no carry" based solely on principle. Our efforts should be to help our east neighbors get out from under the thumb of the Chicago establishment.

Rollo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    North Central
    I avoid the state like the plauge. Chicago is on my top 5 list of places I would never go unarmed and since I can't legally carry there I don't go. It is WAY to easy to take the wrong exit or make a single wrong turn and find yourself in a area where I would feel under gunned even if I was packing a assault rifle and being covered by a Marine Corp. sniper.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    So basically, you can not go into Illinois and buy a hand gun and bring it back to another state?

You can buy a handgun in Illinois (or any state for that matter) but you can't bring it back here yourself. You must have it transferred to a FFL here first. I'm not sure why you would want to go to ILL to buy a handgun anyway.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Non-residents can bring guns into (most of) ILL legally.

The requirements are that it be unloaded & enclosed in a case. The ILL Supreme Court just ruled that the glove box or console is considered a case. A case can also be a zippered, buckled, snapped or tied portable gun case. It doesn't have to be locked.

I can't find anything that says mags have to be unloaded. Most things I've read say that mags DON'T have to be unloaded, particularly this:

McDade Opinion

The only thing that is a potential problem is the requirement of having a FOID that non-residents can't get.

The only place I've found that exempts non-residents from this requirement is the ILL State Police pamphlet that says "Non-residents must be legally eligible to possess or acquire firearms and ammunition in their state of
    residence." I don't know where they got the info to post this though.

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    A lot of people also claim that the right to bear arms is their GOD GIVEN right, and I was wondering how many people were serious about it.

Not legally, no.

Show me in the Bible where that is written.
    I am not willing to lose the right to carry by carrying in an illigal state and possably getting caught breaking the law.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Well I lived there for 20 years and did not own a handgun. Never saw the need, but that was Southern Illinois. I had the FOID card which I really didnt know was a bad thing. Now I am older and wiser........

The thing is, there are MANY of good people there, we all know it is Chicago that is the sh&^hole, it controls the complete state. This I remember well, I remember one of the FEW democrats I voted for, Glen Poshard.....Pro 2nd Amendment.

Its the $$$, follow it and you get the the makers of the law there, well in that case, the national laws now as their man is now president and he doesnt like gins in citizens hands at all.

Actually, Illinois is a battle state, if the laws can be changed in O's backyard, the we all have a chance....

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Indiana law (or regulation) is ANTI-Illinois gunners.

Up at Winamak shooting range there is a sign posted by Range Officials, stating that Ill.gun-owners may N O T bring a fire-arm to a range in Indiana for target-practice. Is this sign posted at any other State Ranges? Pat.

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    To emsdial911:

This may not be in the Holy Bible, "Show me in the Bible where that is written.
    I am not willing to lose the right to carry by carrying in an illigal state and possably getting caught breaking the law", but it sure is in the C O N S T I T U T I O N, both of the U.S. and of Indiana. ANY law restricting ANY part of the CONSTITUTION, is illegal. If YOU, Mr. EMS911, want to give up any of your rights arbitrarily, that is your choice. Would you let the Chicago gov't tell you where to go to church, or which newspaper you could not read? If you give up your rights, you are hanging all alone, my man. We won't be with you. Pat.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Up at Winamak shooting range there is a sign posted by Range Officials, stating that Ill.gun-owners may N O T bring a fire-arm to a range in Indiana for target-practice. Is this sign posted at any other State Ranges? Pat.

That sign is only for Illinois HANDGUN OWNERS not all ILL firearm owners & says so (at least at the one at Pigeon River FWA - they may have screwed yours up). That is due to the fact that you need a LTCH (or any other states equivalent - which ILL doesn't issue) to transport a handgun to a range in IN. Illinois residents with long guns are A-OK.

Top Bottom