Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I would legally carry THROUGH IL as in the back of my van or car in a case with the mag out. As long as I don't stop any longer than to get gas or a bite to eat, I'm good to go and not breaking the law! :D

Same here. I wouldn't carry there. Although it would be very hard for me to give that up. But I'd obey the law. So I just don't go there if I can help it. My dad went there today to get some parts for the combine. But I didn't go with him, this is part of the reason why. That and he was gone before I got home from work, lol.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I just avoid Illinois like the plauge,no reason to go there and will go around even if it cost more.

You do know that Federal Law allows you to possess while in the state as long as you don't make an extended stop there. You can stop, get gas, food, smokes, whatever, as long as you don't get a motel or whatever and stay the night you're good to go. :thumbsup:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    You do know that Federal Law allows you to possess while in the state as long as you don't make an extended stop there. You can stop, get gas, food, smokes, whatever, as long as you don't get a motel or whatever and stay the night you're good to go. :thumbsup:

I don't think you'd be prohibited from staying the night in a motel on your way to someplace else. I'm pretty sure that would fall under the "incident to travel" rules.

Top Bottom