Would have drawn my weapon: Pan handler/drunk beggar/?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So earlier today while I was backing my truck into the driveway, I noticed one of the pesky neighborhood squirrels flaunting his existence once again because no one with an air rifle has take the time to teach him a lesson. Yet. He was running to an old brick flower planter and taking chunks of something up the tree to the little hole where he lives. He did this a couple of dozen times and then I noticed another tree rat from across the street nosing around the trail he'd been covering between the planter and his hole in the tree. Squirrel #2 was curious, so he started sniffing his way along the path, right up the tree, and eventually arrived at the hole where #1 resides.

And that's when the fight started.

Well, it wasn't much of a fight. Squirrel #1 did that weird chittering bark they do when threatened and the other eventually went to another branch and pretended like he intended to go there all along. Once he was sure he had covered for the embarrassment, he came down the tree.

I need an air rifle.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So earlier today while I was backing my truck into the driveway, I noticed one of the pesky neighborhood squirrels flaunting his existence once again because no one with an air rifle has take the time to teach him a lesson. Yet. He was running to an old brick flower planter and taking chunks of something up the tree to the little hole where he lives. He did this a couple of dozen times and then I noticed another tree rat from across the street nosing around the trail he'd been covering between the planter and his hole in the tree. Squirrel #2 was curious, so he started sniffing his way along the path, right up the tree, and eventually arrived at the hole where #1 resides.

And that's when the fight started.

Well, it wasn't much of a fight. Squirrel #1 did that weird chittering bark they do when threatened and the other eventually went to another branch and pretended like he intended to go there all along. Once he was sure he had covered for the embarrassment, he came down the tree.

I need an air rifle.

I have a loaner.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have a loaner.

Ah! Do you have one of the quiet ones?

Squirrel #1 got lucky. When it comes preventing strangers from entering my hole, I rely on more than my bark!
    Giggity.

What you did there? I saw it.

The really annoying thing about the squirrels in my neighborhood is that annoying chittering sound they make and then they won't go away.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ah! Do you have one of the quiet ones?

What you did there? I saw it.

The really annoying thing about the squirrels in my neighborhood is that annoying chittering sound they make and then they won't go away.

No but if you are sneaky they never know what hit-em.
    Oh, nosy neighbors. Mine would pay a bounty on the little bastiges

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    We dont have any squirrels in my neighborhood. Lots of rabbits though. We live close to a railroad track and surrounded by fields.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    Something similar happened to me a couple weeks back. I stopped at meijer on southport at about midnight after work. By the time i was leaving i had decided only to get a case of beer, and it was 1am. I had parked about halfway back in the lot because when i arrived they were much busier.

I see a woman standing next to a van talking to someone inside and watching me as i walked toward my car. Just as i was getting there she approached quickly at which point i was assessing the situation and ready to react. I don't know her true intentions but they may have changed when she saw my hand on my holstered weapon. (open carry). But all in all, she asked me for some money for gas.

Doesn't seem logical female panhandlers hang in the back of parking lots at 1 am.

Last edited:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Something similar happened to me a couple weeks back. I stopped at meijer on southport at about midnight after work. By the time i was leaving i had decided only to get a case of beer, and it was 1am. I had parked about halfway back in the lot because when i arrived they were much busier.

I see a woman standing next to a van talking to someone inside and watching me as i walked toward my car. Just as i was getting there she approached quickly at which point i was assessing the situation and ready to react. I don't know her true intentions but they may have changed when she saw my hand on my holstered weapon. (open carry). But all in all, she asked me for some money for gas.

Doesn't seem logical female panhandlers hang in the back of parking lots at 1 am.

Had to look and see where you were at. There's a similar couple that hang at the Meijer on the south side of Mishawaka asking everyone they encounter for money to get to Indy. They will even hit you up inside the store while you're shopping. They've been there since before Thanksgiving and apparently haven't made enough money to get home yet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Had to look and see where you were at. There's a similar couple that hang at the Meijer on the south side of Mishawaka asking everyone they encounter for money to get to Indy. They will even hit you up inside the store while you're shopping. They've been there since before Thanksgiving and apparently haven't made enough money to get home yet.

But they do stay drunk and high I am sure.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm sure and with only the best available since WNDU's story on panhandlers showed that these folks can make up to $60k a year, tax free.

When the "I will work for food" signs started showing up I always asked how many cheeseburgers they would like. I will feed folks. One smart a$$ told me to shove a cheeseburger up my a$$.
    Quick trip to the drive through and as I rolled back by him he got to wear a cheese burger. My treat. These POS fight for good spots and post up all day disrupting traffic. Stop giving them money and they will go away.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    When the "I will work for food" signs started showing up I always asked how many cheeseburgers they would like. I will feed folks. One smart a$$ told me to shove a cheeseburger up my a$$.
    Quick trip to the drive through and as I rolled back by him he got to wear a cheese burger. My treat. These POS fight for good spots and post up all day disrupting traffic. Stop giving them money and they will go away.

Do you tend to assault everyone that tells you to pound a cheeseburger ?
    Lucky for you that squirrel was not prepared with a vid cam, You could have been a epic YouTube..
    Sound like something a child would do, Not a Sound adult..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom