• ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah, this whole thing is weird.

I think that they believed that she was altered in some way and may have been hiding something when she took so long to get to the door.. Probably not drunk, but high. They were probably right, but this is Illinois and what I see there looks more like she's toked up than anything else. The state of that house also shows she doesn't exactly have any ambition to clean, so that checks out. But again- Illinois.

Has anyone seen video of the circumstances when they enter the house. I hear commentary of "they invited themselves in" or some such, but I haven't seen it. Why were they in there? It would lend context if they were there to check for intruder (at least as a pretext) as opposed to they just wanted to see what they could see because she was altered.

Not too scared of her when they told her to tend to the boiling pot on the stove- that wasn't her idea. They even seemed to be joking with her about the pot. She took the pot off of the stove to the sink and appeared to be running water into it, in fact, you can hear the water running clearly. Then she was rebuking them in the name of Jesus... right up until the time he pulls his gun and levels it at her. Only then does she lift the pot up and...

Very weird.

It's one thing to talk in theory about a pot of boiling water being a weapon- it certainly can be. It's another to joke around with a person you obviously can see is altered about the pot of "hot steaming water" after telling her to deal with the pot, then to point a gun at her fact when the pot is still sitting in or on the sink running water into it.

I guess I don't see what he thinks he saw.

[ETA] The entirety of the footage the ISP released:

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Let's stick to reality.

Yeah?

View attachment 368263

You are assigning rational thought to a paranoid schizophrenic. She was, by all accounts, extremely mentally ill. (Used to be called "demon possessed" in the middle ages)

This literally would not have happened if it wasn't for the pot of boiling water. When a known paranoid schizophrenic goes from polite conversation to picking up a weapon (perceived or otherwise) and ranting religion, that should trigger a defensive response in any reasonable LEO.

I'm not saying that this was a justified shooting. The completely unnecessary aggressiveness of the LEO in this case obviously exacerbated the situation, along with their failure to control her movements and allowing her to acquire the boiling water in the first place.

But this isn't some "demon cop kills church lady" like you seem to think it is.
    The LEO in this case seemingly is as schizo asthe dead woman....no?
    He certainly did not react rationally, again, IMO.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And, his control method was what? To shoot her in the face?

At least he warned her, but did he give her time to react?
    Seeing as how they told her to go deal with the pot and she wasn't doing anything with it when he pointed the gun at her face, I'd call that a unique form of controlling the "suspect".....suspected of what, exactly?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Seeing as how they told her to go deal with the pot and she wasn't doing anything with it when he pointed the gun at her face, I'd call that a unique form of controlling the "suspect".....suspected of what, exactly?
    Suspect is a generic term. Better to use the word subject, I suppose. Either way, if mental illness is suspected, it is a good idea to control that person while you are having the interaction as a law-enforcement officer, to prevent access to weapons or dangerous items/substances.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I will now break my own self-imposed rule and use purple to indicate sarcasm:

We can clearly see her threatening posture with a pic before a threat was, apparently detected, and after.

pic1.png

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    "Do you mind if i turn the stove off"
    "Im going to turn off your stove for you real quick"
    "Hey partner can you turn the stove off while her and I talk"
    Those words could have saved her life. Instead he chose to inject what he perceived as a weapon (whether it was or wasn't that's what he perceived) into their interaction.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    "Do you mind if i turn the stove off"
    "Im going to turn off your stove for you real quick"
    "Hey partner can you turn the stove off while her and I talk"
    Those words could have saved her life. Instead he chose to inject what he perceived as a weapon (whether it was or wasn't that's what he perceived) into their interaction.

Dead on balls accurate.

Top Bottom