• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Why do our sons and daughters have to be shot at overseas before they can engage? Should we not have the same at home with our own citizens?

Funny, There should be a known threat before we shot our own citizens.
    I find it fascinating that so many are just OK to let citizens be killed by our LE without an actual threat being made.
    No one in this thread is saying that this shooting is ok.

But have fun punching your strawman.
    Where have I mentioned this case?

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    After watching the video, it appears the officer committed 2nd degree homicide. It did not appear there was any credible threat, and that he escalated needlessly. He rightfully will go to prison for this terrible act.

I hope it doesn't turn into massive riots, but I am afraid it will. This will be Floyd 2.0, with all the wanton destruction that caused. The professional agitators will blame all police forces and turn it into a racist trope. They will paint with a broad brush to smear as many groups as possible, instead of acknowledging this one man's bad decision.

Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...
    He goes on to call the woman a crazy bit** (2nd recording). Doesn't exactly scream respect for someone with a mental issue. The fact that he shoots her in the FACE, after just threatening to shoot her in the 'f-ing FACE', doesn't intimidation go to criminal - something, can't recall, when they actually follow thru and do what they explicitly state. Guess it doesn't matter since he's charged with murder.
    If she did have a mental issue, she's was not the only one in that room. Bad ordeal.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I took the whole "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus" thing as a joke. He said (jokingly I thought at first) "Don't throw that hot water on me." That's when she said the rebuking thing.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Funny, There should be a known threat before we shot our own citizens.
    I find it fascinating that so many are just OK to let citizens be killed by our LE without an actual threat being made.

= / =

Why do our sons and daughters have to be shot at overseas before they can engage? Should we not have the same at home with our own citizens?

What self defense law in *any* state in the US requires anyone to be shot at prior to being able to defend themselves. I think you overstated your position and are trying to spin on somehow, but your notion anyone should be required to give an aggressor the literal first shot is pretty ridiculous.

Where have I mentioned this case?
    The presumption is if you're posting in this thread, you're talking about the thread's topic unless otherwise stated, that's how conversations work.

Honestly, I haven't seen anyone say they are ok with killing someone who's not a threat. There are some who apparently believe a threat was made to throw boiling water and that threat was credible vs those who do not believe that, but to paint some picture there's a belief it's ok to shoot non-threats by police (or the citizenry at large, regardless of police or not) is not here.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    After watching the video, it appears the officer committed 2nd degree homicide. It did not appear there was any credible threat, and that he escalated needlessly. He rightfully will go to prison for this terrible act.

I hope it doesn't turn into massive riots, but I am afraid it will. This will be Floyd 2.0, with all the wanton destruction that caused. The professional agitators will blame all police forces and turn it into a racist trope. They will paint with a broad brush to smear as many groups as possible, instead of acknowledging this one man's bad decision.
    I'm hopeful it won't, since they've already brought charges against the officer.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    = / =

What self defense law in *any* state in the US requires anyone to be shot at prior to being able to defend themselves. I think you overstated your position and are trying to spin on somehow, but your notion anyone should be required to give an aggressor the literal first shot is pretty ridiculous.

The presumption is if you're posting in this thread, you're talking about the thread's topic unless otherwise stated, that's how conversations work.

Honestly, I haven't seen anyone say they are ok with killing someone who's not a threat. There are some who apparently believe a threat was made to throw boiling water and that threat was credible vs those who do not believe that, but to paint some picture there's a belief it's ok to shoot non-threats by police (or the citizenry at large, regardless of police or not) is not here.
    Ive posted this opinion here before, this is not the first time I have posted my opinion on this topic. What I mean is exactly what I posted.
    I have big problems with shooting citizens that haven't been a threat to LE.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You'll find no shortage of leftists who will agree with you on further hamstringing LEOs.

My opinion is that we shouldn't send a single U.S. military member overseas anywhere unarmed and their rules of engagement should be pretty cut and dry, just like they are here.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Mr Strawman, you actually might want to read this entire thread.
    There has been discussion over whether a pot of boiling water is a threat. It certainly is, but likely not to the point where you would shoot someone over it at that range in this particular event under discussion.

If you don’t think that boiling water is a threat, potentially resulting in serious bodily injury or even possible death, feel free to stick your head in a pot of it to test your theory.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    You'll find no shortage of leftists who will agree with you on further hamstringing LEOs.

My opinion is that we shouldn't send a single U.S. military member overseas anywhere unarmed and their rules of engagement should be pretty cut and dry, just like they are here.
    Leftist????

I'm good with that.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Leftist????

I'm good with that.
    Didn't call you one, stated that you're on their side on this issue. The rules of engagement are well established and proper, expecting anyone to have to wait for someone to shoot first is unacceptable unless the person giving that order is the one staring down the barrel of the gun when it is given.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Didn't call you one, stated that you're on their side on this issue. The rules of engagement are well established and proper, expecting anyone to have to wait for someone to shoot first is unacceptable unless the person giving that order is the one staring down the barrel of the gun when it is given.
    We are just not going to agree, I ask nothing more than the rules my sons work under with being in the Armed Service on deployments or working under State Dept Regulations with our own LEO's in America.

Top Bottom