• ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I'm not sure I agree with the grand jury here...

Did he need to threaten her & pull his firearm because she picked up the pot of boiling water and took it to the sink? Probably not.
    Did she need to "rebuke him in the name of Jesus" for those actions? Again, probably not.
    She also didn't need to pick up the pot of boiling water a second time after she ducked.

Ask yourself this question: if she had a pot of acid, or gasoline would that change your opinion of the threat she posed?

We do seem to be missing a good deal of the initial context showing this woman wasn't in a clear mental state.
    ??? What?

Killing someone because they rebuke you in the name of Jesus?

I think he was wrong from what I saw.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Slowed way down it sure looks like she jumps back up and tries to throw the pot. Steaming water is visible on the floor to the right. But I cannot for the life of me make out what the hell she said that flipped the switch, or why she would do such a thing.

Dude's toast. It's Illinois, they hang white cops just on principle. He dug his grave speaking like that, no jury in Illinois with give a crap what the facts are or what she did. His roid rage mouth sealed his fate.

What a very baffling situation. I get it, I will freaking shoot someone before I get boiling water dumped on me, too, but dude did have a whole counter and a bunch of junk between him and her. Let her try to come around it with the pot before you aimbot her in the freaking head, maybe.

Just don't get it. What the heck did she say?
    His life did not seem in danger.

oze

Mow Ho
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    July 11: Civil rights and personal injury attorney Ben Crump announced he has been retained by the family of Massey.

well-there-it-is.gif
    I would have thought that he would be too busy representing the family of the black guy in Fort Wayne who got shot by a cop because he just couldn't stop himself from moving his hands towards a gun after being repeatedly told to stop.
    BTW, I wonder whatever happened to that story. Prolly the same thing that happened to the blackface hoax, also in the Fort. The truth is much less sexy than the media-sensationalized version.

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    It doesn't have to be. Boiling water can cause serious injury or death. You do not have to wait until it is thrown on you to do something about it.
    I will admit I am not a legal eagle or even slightly know what happened there; however I cannot see where she was about to throw hot water, or even appear to toss it. What I think I saw was someone who has a gun pointed at their head and while she is saying I'm sorry, she seemingly raised the pot of water in front of her as a shield. Seems to me she was trying to hide behind the pan.

Just my observation. It wasn't raised up until he pointed the gun and said he'd shoot her in the face. I think she reacted to a gun in her face with a warning of being shot and reacted based on his actions. He did not act based on he actions; IMO her was the aggressor.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I will admit I am not a legal eagle or even slightly know what happened there; however I cannot see where she was about to throw hot water, or even appear to toss it. What I think I saw was someone who has a gun pointed at their head and while she is saying I'm sorry, she seemingly raised the pot of water in front of her as a shield. Seems to me she was trying to hide behind the pan.

Just my observation. It wasn't raised up until he pointed the gun and said he'd shoot her in the face. I think she reacted to a gun in her face with a warning of being shot and reacted based on his actions. He did not act based on he actions; IMO her was the aggressor.
    When the police point a gun at you and tell you to drop something, the last thing you should do is pick it back up.

"I wasn't going to shoot you, I was just holding the gun up as a shield because I was scared". Yeah, well, they can't read your mind.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    It doesn't have to be. Boiling water can cause serious injury or death. You do not have to wait until it is thrown on you to do something about it.
    Why do our sons and daughters have to be shot at overseas before they can engage? Should we not have the same at home with our own citizens?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Why do our sons and daughters have to be shot at overseas before they can engage? Should we not have the same at home with our own citizens?
    Because military are not police.

Indiana state law does not require you to sustain bullet wounds from your attacker before you are allowed to return fire.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What does he mean by "I've got to crank some things around the house if you guys can"? Tampering with the crime scene?
    That's not what he said. Those subtitles are notoriously inaccurate.

He said "I need, uh, crime scene tape around the porch and the house if you guys can."

Reactions: Ark

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    Nothing threatening in that video. Had he not sent her to the stove the entire situation would’ve been avoided. If he was worried about the burner he could have walked over and shut it off.
    She obviously had mental problems and it appears to me that she raised the pot to shield herself after he pointed a gun in her face. At the very least, this officer deserves prison.

Top Bottom