• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I guess if a cop comes on your property and you say to leave,...he won't leave and you get the garden hose...you'll be shot!
    Actually its not. Most police think because they have a badge and gun, then its ok to threaten and shoot someone for whatever reason. It's happened for far too long and accountability is slowly coming around.
    You haven't a clue what MOST police officers think. Police rarely use force, even more rare, deadly force. Police use force about .1% of all interactions. You watch too much TV...

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I'm not sure I agree with the grand jury here...

Did he need to threaten her & pull his firearm because she picked up the pot of boiling water and took it to the sink? Probably not.
    Did she need to "rebuke him in the name of Jesus" for those actions? Again, probably not.
    She also didn't need to pick up the pot of boiling water a second time after she ducked.

Ask yourself this question: if she had a pot of acid, or gasoline would that change your opinion of the threat she posed?

We do seem to be missing a good deal of the initial context showing this woman wasn't in a clear mental state.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    I'm not sure I agree with the grand jury here...

Did he need to threaten her & pull his firearm because she picked up the pot of boiling water and took it to the sink? Probably not.
    Did she need to "rebuke him in the name of Jesus" for those actions? Again, probably not.
    She also didn't need to pick up the pot of boiling water a second time after she ducked.

Ask yourself this question: if she had a pot of acid, or gasoline would that change your opinion of the threat she posed?

We do seem to be missing a good deal of the initial context showing this woman wasn't in a clear mental state.
    So just shoot her?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Some people shouldn't be cops. Some of them get to be cops anyway. Perhaps more of them today due to a lack of quality applicants vs vacancies. Perhaps this guy is one of them.

I don't know that it's Murder in Illinois, as I don't know their definition. Is it a criminal homicide of some type, regardless? Probably, though I'm not doing a deep dive into the whole event so maybe I'm wrong.

I don't know what their training is like, but I can guarantee you our department would say the officers did not utilize 'time, distance, and barriers'. As in safely back out, get something between you and the threat of hot water, and then negotiate from that position if the person is wanted for something. This assumes she's not an immediate threat to anyone else in the house if the officers back out.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Some people shouldn't be cops. Some of them get to be cops anyway. Perhaps more of them today due to a lack of quality applicants vs vacancies. Perhaps this guy is one of them.

I don't know that it's Murder in Illinois, as I don't know their definition. Is it a criminal homicide of some type, regardless? Probably, though I'm not doing a deep dive into the whole event so maybe I'm wrong.

I don't know what their training is like, but I can guarantee you our department would say the officers did not utilize 'time, distance, and barriers'. As in safely back out, get something between you and the threat of hot water, and then negotiate from that position if the person is wanted for something. This assumes she's not an immediate threat to anyone else in the house if the officers back out.
    If her husband/boyfriend/ neighbor shot her in the exact circumstances? What would be your thoughts? That should be the measure of reasonable actions the police can take as well. I think we all know the answer here, or considering it’s Ingo maybe not.

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    If her husband/boyfriend/ neighbor shot her in the exact circumstances? What would be your thoughts? That should be the measure of reasonable actions the police can take as well. I think we all know the answer here, or considering it’s Ingo maybe not.
    If i pissed off my gf that much to where she was going to throw her boiling tea water on me, I'm not going to stay in the same room. Wait till she and the water cool down...just friggin commin sense.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    If i pissed off my gf that much to where she was going to throw her boiling tea water on me, I'm not going to stay in the same room. Wait till she and the water cool down...just friggin commin sense.
    Too bad the tattooed anabolic cops didn’t have that much sense.

Top Bottom