• ...and so much more!
  • racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    It beats the lunacy of seeing a jackboot behind every tree and under your
    Depending on who's counting and who you define as law enforcement, at any given time there's somewhere between 750k and 1mil law enforcement in the nation at any given time. Of course there will be misconduct, criminal acts, etc. Choose any group you like, select a million individuals, and you think any of them are 100% clean? The media gets to pick through literally hundreds of millions of interactions to pick the most controversial (or create controversy if there isn't any right now). You can spin any group however you like if that's your goal.

I don't think anybody believes there's zero corruption, but your 'dystopian' comment is pretty over the top. Probably amazing how many people go there entire lives with no interaction beyond maybe being pulled over in traffic for some 'dystopian' reality...
    Depending on who's counting and who you define as law enforcement, at any given time there's somewhere between 750k and 1mil law enforcement in the nation at any given time. Of course there will be misconduct, criminal acts, etc. Choose any group you like, select a million individuals, and you think any of them are 100% clean? The media gets to pick through literally hundreds of millions of interactions to pick the most controversial (or create controversy if there isn't any right now). You can spin any group however you like if that's your goal.

I don't think anybody believes there's zero corruption, but your 'dystopian' comment is pretty over the top. Probably amazing how many people go there entire lives with no interaction beyond maybe being pulled over in traffic for some 'dystopian' reality...
    So we agree there’s corruption, just not the level of corruption? Or only LEcfan boys can point out certain corruption? Or only some recent examples of corruption can be mentioned as evidence?
    What are the LE fan boys thoughts in the recent ATF raid in Arkansas?
    What about this original thread content? Why was this thug a cop? Just a bad day? Will his partner be held responsible for anything?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So we agree there’s corruption, just not the level of corruption? Or only LEcfan boys can point out certain corruption? Or only some recent examples of corruption can be mentioned as evidence?
    What are the LE fan boys thoughts in the recent ATF raid in Arkansas?
    What about this original thread content? Why was this thug a cop? Just a bad day? Will his partner be held responsible for anything?

Probably. It's a discussion forum, anybody can discuss what they like but that also means others can respond as they like. If you want to drag out unrelated items, you do you, most people don't seem interested in engaging on everything you want to throw out. Don't follow the news, don't trust them to get it right because I know they don't, don't know anything about a raid in Arkansas. Already gave my input on current content. Houghmade also did a great breakdown. Ask his department. For what? Rendering aid, calling it in, etc?

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Both sides are just as ludicrous. It happens but to have another officer cover for another's clearly illegal activity is rare these days. It happens but thankfully rare. LE has gone through tremendous changes just in the 27 years I've been in (mostly the better) and it will continue to evolve.
    It beats the lunacy of seeing a jackboot behind every tree and under your bed.
    Your words, not mine. Grow up

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I know a LOT of people that when they see a cop they lift their foot off the gas pedal - at least a little - no matter how slow they are going. It is just kinda natural.
    And these are good driver people that follow the rules perfectly and do less speeding than me.

Griz375

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2023
    The Mississippi's Eastern shore
    Oh my God. Could you understand what she said that caused the cops to go from laughing to drawing on her in a second?
    Not a clue - saw that video last night followed by an announcement the SD had fired shooter - no suspension/modified duty/administrative leave just fired, There has to be way more to the story but journalism these days is pretty sketchy . . . . .

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Not a clue - saw that video last night followed by an announcement the SD had fired shooter - ni suspension/modified duty just fired, There has to be way more to the story but journalism these days is pretty sketchy . . . . .
    Those other 5 departments contributed to this by letting him get by with whatever he did with no real accountability, just move him along and never fixing the problem.
    That is half-ass standing up for him.

What is to stop him from getting hired again as a cop? Guesses don't mean anything.

Griz375

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2023
    The Mississippi's Eastern shore
    I live in Memphis TN
    LOTS of cases all around this nexus of 3 states separated by the Mississippi where Cops get fired or 'allowed to retire' because of some on-the-job wrong doing only to show up wearing a different badge a few counties away. The only thing that stops that here is if the cop is decertified and loses his POST. Not sure about other states but apparently in TN decertification is a process even if the officer was charged w/ a serious offense. To me, if a LEO is dismissed and found guilty of a crime, decertification should be immediate and automatic but I’m a pretty fundamental guy

The good ones don't need the bad rap

Komputergod

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2023
    Noblesville
    I guess black people can't say "I rebuke you in the name of the Jesus," because some cops will shoot you in the head! I always wondered why the police had 'to protect and serve' on the sides of their police vehicles! More fodder for the gun control folks. Scary....

Attachments

• IMG_7401.jpeg
      IMG_7401.jpeg
      165.2 KB · Views: 25
    • IMG_2434.jpeg
      IMG_2434.jpeg
      218.7 KB · Views: 25
    Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I guess black people can't say "I rebuke you in the name of the Jesus," because some cops will shoot you in the head! I always wondered why the police had 'to protect and serve' on the sides of their police vehicles! More fodder for the gun control folks. Scary....

Being called in as an impersonator isn't a cop problem, it's a community problem, but I've personally seen that happen to black officers *in full uniform* in daylight. Very rare, but it does happen. On the flip side, I had a drunk accuse me of not being a real cop because my badge was a cloth sew on instead of metal, so who knows WTF goes through people's heads sometimes.

As far as the handout, I don't read things handed to me. You're free to verbally invoke your rights. I'm actually not required to tell you why you're detained at the time of detention. That's common sense. If I suspect you're a murderer I may not tell you "I think you murdered someone" on a traffic stop right away. I can still ask you basic questions, such as identifiers, regardless of your request for a lawyer.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So the LEO also was kicked out of the Army in 2016. Apparently he did about 18 months on a three year contract. He was a wheel mechanic and was discharged for “serious misconduct“.

Dude should have been cleaning bathrooms at Taco Bell.

What‘s the background check for a LEO ?

An example would be for a TS clearance.
    1. credit check 650+
    2. Spending
    3. law background check in every place you have lived
    4. your spouse’s background
    5. interviews with people that know you some in the distance past
    7. high school records
    8. travel history
    And more.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So the LEO also was kicked out of the Army in 2016. Apparently he did about 18 months on a three year contract. He was a wheel mechanic and was discharged for “serious misconduct“.

1. credit check 650+
    2. Spending
    7. high school records
    8. travel history
    And more.
    For some reason that doesn't surprise me much.

380Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Ok, maybe I missed something. It appears the officers are leaving, then the bodycam jumps to them being inside her house. If they were leaving, what made them decide to go in her house?
    Another point of cornfusion, I read where he was charged with 3 counts of murder. Did he murder someone else? Can you be charged with multiple charges for cancelling someone's birth certificate?

STAGE 2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 26, 2019
    Fishers

1. credit check 650+
    2. Spending
    7. high school records
    8. travel history
    And more.

I’ve always never understood why prior military experience is so prevalent among cops because nearly all of the qualities that would make someone an excellent soldier are the qualities that make someone unfit to be an officer.

I have a suspicion that we’d see less of these events (which I acknowledge are a tiny fraction of overall police interactions) if departments would stop recruiting vets and have a no tat policy.

Top Bottom