• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    #168,#169, and like I said “inferred” if you don’t understand the concept of inferences you may have difficulty understanding my response. Seeing as how you have already taken liberty with my responses meanings I assume you’re just trying to invoke some argument. There’s no one more blind than those who refuse to see.
    Just hope this mental clown cop does life behind bars. Hopefully many more to follow.
    Wow, you really have issues. There were no inferences that no one would cover for illegal activity. That was all you seeing what you wanted/expected to see.

That's the truth. There's nothing special about the work dynamic on a police department vs a military unit vs a work site vs a factory floor. Somebody may "cover" that you were 10 minutes late to your shift, but somebody else will sprint to the nearest manager to tattle thinking they may get a brownie point for later considerations. Neither is going to 'cover' you Johnny Cashing a Cadillac. If someone is "covering" anything significant they are probably an active participant as well. I expect most people will find this true at most of their work places, but for some reason assume other professions are wildly different than human experience suggests.
    The body cam era killed the notion that the "blue wall" colludes or "covers up" anything.
    Just keep on being so friendly. I'm sure you'll get along great. :rolleyes:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What is a fantasy is the comments that I was replying to. Basically they were inferring that no one would cover for illegal behavior, which is counter to my experience and basic evidence.
    Read the article in the link posted above, then tell me I’m “silly”.
    That 7 year old article? Yeah, you're silly.

Reactions: oze

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    That 7 year old article? Yeah, you're silly.
    Must be something to live in your version of reality. Nothing but friendly here no matter what your opinion is. Facts are facts and there are plenty of articles and evidence out there if you want to wake up someday.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Must be something to live in your version of reality. Nothing but friendly here no matter what your opinion is. Facts are facts and there are plenty of articles and evidence out there if you want to wake up someday.
    I'm fully awake thanks. Tell us where the bad cop touched you. Seems like a lot of people with negative opinions of LE have had negative interactions with them. So tell us about yours.

Reactions: oze
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    If you don't F up big enough to make the news, and your previous employers don't volunteer anything but name and employment dates, and you don't have a criminal record... what do people think a "background check" is going to do?

Dunno how things are in cop land, but in the private employment world the policy has been "no comment, no recommendations, name and date verification only" for a while now. Too much liability exposure for badmouthing people and interfering with their future employment.
    I would think the BG check would reveal his multiple DUIs. That to me shows poor judgement. Bad trait to have as a LEO
    I might even go as far as think he may be an alcoholic.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    What is a fantasy is the comments that I was replying to. Basically they were inferring that no one would cover for illegal behavior, which is counter to my experience and basic evidence.
    Read the article in the link posted above, then tell me I’m “silly”.
    Both sides are just as ludicrous. It happens but to have another officer cover for another's clearly illegal activity is rare these days. It happens but thankfully rare. LE has gone through tremendous changes just in the 27 years I've been in (mostly the better) and it will continue to evolve.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Slight sidetrack. When I was young, I used to get nervous if I saw a cop car behind me or even near me. Now I find it oddly comforting. But then again, I'm not worried about them having some kind of agenda against me. :tinfoil:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Depending on who's counting and who you define as law enforcement, at any given time there's somewhere between 750k and 1mil law enforcement in the nation at any given time. Of course there will be misconduct, criminal acts, etc. Choose any group you like, select a million individuals, and you think any of them are 100% clean? The media gets to pick through literally hundreds of millions of interactions to pick the most controversial (or create controversy if there isn't any right now). You can spin any group however you like if that's your goal.

I don't think anybody believes there's zero corruption, but your 'dystopian' comment is pretty over the top. Probably amazing how many people go there entire lives with no interaction beyond maybe being pulled over in traffic for some 'dystopian' reality...

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Slight sidetrack. When I was young, I used to get nervous if I saw a cop car behind me or even near me. Now I find it oddly comforting. But then again, I'm not worried about them having some kind of agenda against me. :tinfoil:
    I'm the opposite

I drive with 2 radar detectors

Top Bottom