• ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Reading this made me angry.

I've gone through a whole range of emotions since this happened. The bottom line is I wish it had been me staring down that barrel instead of my wife. I'm just relieved she survived the ordeal.

I don't know if I have the inner strength to go all Punisher or Max Payne on fools.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A liberal friend of mine at 54th and Illinois was robbed at gunpoint at his front door by a guy with three others in a waiting in the car. He said they probably needed the money. I felt like smacking him upside the head.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    A liberal friend of mine at 54th and Illinois was robbed at gunpoint at his front door by a guy with three others in a waiting in the car. He said they probably needed the money. I felt like smacking him upside the head.
    Robbery/theft should be paid in lead. Not silver/gold! JMO. Act like a scumbag... get scumbag treatment. There IS a cure for it.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Dang MCgrease08. If that'd happened to my wife (and her friends)
    I'd be beyond livid. I hope you and your wife never have to deal with
    something like that ever again. Thank God no one was hurt!
    thoughts and prayers that your wife will be able to sleep tonight...
    and maybe dream about the new gun that she wants to get :ar15:

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Stuff can be replaced. Glad to hear that the people you care about weren't harmed.

It's unfortunate that people sometimes need a jolt to realize the importance of training.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Sorry to hear, and glad nobody was injured. South of the fairgrounds - one part of me says "move!", but another part of me hopes you'll stay. The only way that the inner city will improve is when good people take it back.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I am so glad none of the good guys were hurt.

you should listen to your father n law!

100% of me says get the F--- out of there. No doubt in my mind. Bye bye c ya

life presents us with lessons and it is up to us to learn

Good luck either way and stay safe. Just my :twocents:. I'm sure others think the same and just won't say it but I will

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Sounds like the cheapest but best firearm lesson one could learn. I would pay $1000 or more just to wake my wife up. I really wish she would carry. Glad everyone is ok.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    UPDATE: We just met with Officer Griffith with IMPD who returned ALL the stolen property minus the cash. They found everything scattered in a driveway just a few blocks away.

Cops said he was likely a pro, not some tweaker or gang-banger.

Happened to my wife too way back in 1992 black male waited for her to get out of the mini van and stuck a small caliber handgun in her face, tough Korean lady she is, she screamed, tossed her keys,purse, and bible bag into the air, and hit the deck. Oxygen thief grabbed her bible bag and took off. She still has a scar on her knee go remind her of that night.

Glad she is safe. I had a smash and grab shortly after we moved into our house. Wife worked as a social worker helping toddlers with developmental delays. They smashed her window and took her "laptop bag". Other kids found it two days later in the woods just south of our neighborhood. But the joke was on the perps. The laptop they thought they were getting turned out to be toddler toys and foam alphabet puzzles. :lmfao:

While I was pissed that their ignorance cost me $205 for a new window, I wouldnt have minded paying it if I could have been a squirrel on the tree next to them to see the looks on their faces when they realized the risk they took was for absolutely nothing. LOL

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    My wife and two of her friends were just robbed at gunpoint in my own driveway. This happened in Indy, south of the state fairgrounds around 2:40 am Saturday.

They were coming home late from a girl's night out. The DD was dropping my wife off in front of our house. She was saying her goodbyes when a guy in a ski mask came out of the dark and stuck a gun in her face.

We have a vacant house next to ours. It was just purchased and the new owner is rehabbing it, but it's currently empty and very dark, no lights at all. There's also a big gap in the fence in the backyard which sits right up against an alley. I'm guessing he was in the alley and saw their headlights on and came through the yard. Either that or he was just sitting their waiting for someone to come along.

He took all of their purses, ID's, 2 cell phones, car keys, cash, pretty much everything they had on them, and took off running. Thankfully no one was hurt. I'm planning to disconnect the car battery when the sun comes up in case he tries to come back for it.

I was asleep when she came in crying and yelled for me to call the police. Officers arrived about 2-3 minutes after the initial call, so a very quick response. She described the scumbag as black male, between 5'6"-5'8" around 160-175 lbs. He had a very small grey or black handgun. I'm guessing a .22. I'm sure he's local.

A big +1 to IMPD officer B. Hopkins, who took the report. I was supposed to be at work downtown at 5:30 a.m. and I didn't have the bosses number to call off, so I actually had to drive down to my workplace to get phone numbers and start calling people to cover my shift. I was gone for about an hour while the girls spoke with the police. Officer Hopkins waited in his car outside the house until I got back, since all 3 of them were pretty scared and shaken up.

Immediately after I got back my wife told me she's ready to get some training and start protecting herself. I wish it hadn't taken this event to get her to this point, but again, thankfully no one was hurt.

Of course I wish I would have been there to help protect her although, I'm not sure what would have happened if I had been. Someone likely would have ended up getting shot. Him, me, everyone. Then again, he might not have targeted them if I was with them. Who knows? I told her they did the right thing by giving up their stuff.

Just another reminder to be vigilant and stay safe. I know we will be taking some steps to more properly secure our home and vehicles. We will also be taking a basic pistol class together so I can begin introducing her to the self defense mindset. And of course, we will be looking into training.

I'm just so glad to hear no one was physically injured by the guy...and that law enforcement response was 'excellent' in all phases!

swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    When was this? I'm right down the street.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have the Zombies floating through our area regularly. All hours day and night. All you can do is let them know with the "Look" and your attitude that they are not appreciated and to keep moving. We have gotten pretty good at this.

I know your area. It sucks that you can not be comfortable in your own driveway. Thieves are more brazen than ever. They are no longer afraid and will strike any where ate any time especially if the target is female.

Start working with your family to be SA at all times. Do not linger in the driveway that late at night. Remember, if the BG gets the drop on you, pulling a weapon may not do any good if you are already at gun point. Cooperation, submission and live to fight another day.

Was it a real gun??

POS thieves usually do not have any ammo or even know what goes in the gun they just stole. Something to consider.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Start working with your family to be SA at all times. Do not linger in the driveway that late at night. Remember, if the BG gets the drop on you, pulling a weapon may not do any good if you are already at gun point. Cooperation, submission and live to fight another day.

Was it a real gun??

POS thieves usually do not have any ammo or even know what goes in the gun they just stole. Something to consider.

We've had the SA talk several times before this incident and again last night. I found out the ladies had been lingering in the driveway for close to 10 minutes with headlights on and car running.:facepalm:

Apparently when they pulled in the drive, the motion light from the porch went on. It shut off due to their lingering, that's when robber made his move. To me that means no more motion light, but full time floods.

We reviewed SA again a little yesterday and I think it's starting to sink in more with her.

As for the gun, I didn't see it, so I don't know about real or not. It could have been, fake, empty, or both. I'm glad they didn't take the chance.

EastIndyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I am so glad none of the good guys were hurt.

you should listen to your father n law!

100% of me says get the F--- out of there. No doubt in my mind. Bye bye c ya

life presents us with lessons and it is up to us to learn

Good luck either way and stay safe. Just my :twocents:. I'm sure others think the same and just won't say it but I will

Where do suggest we go to avoid this kind of thing? Another member just posted about a friend being held up at his doorstep at 54th and Illinois which is hardly "the hood". I grew up in the Broad Ripple/Meridian Kessler/Forest Hills neighborhoods, what many including myself consider nice, safe neighborhoods and I experienced these kinds of crime there. I applaud mcgrease08 and his family for investing in this neighborhood (Watson Park/Mapleton Fall Creek). It's a beautiful area that is gaining popularity with people who have the resources to make it better. The houses are amazing and can be had for half of what they would cost at 54th and Illinois. And I'm still being robbed at gunpoint at my front door at 54th and Illinois!! So what's the difference? I'll tell you, it's the illusion of safety. I grew up in the city and therefore have no illusions about my safety so for me, half price for an amazing house (family and I live two blocks from OP) is a no brainer. It won't be long until most of downtown-north side corridor is higher income professionals and hip kids. It's already happening.

I'm sure the OP and his family and friends involved HAVE learned from the experience and I hope they don't "get the f out". On the upside lots of members here have offered training and support and OP and I learned that we have a few good INGO neighbors close by. I love this place!:ingo:

Top Bottom