• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I agree about stats. A radio show I listen to was taking calls from people in Detroit. It seems now if u want a police report made you have to come into the station after the fact to have one made. The original call alone will not generate a report. Tricky...

guess they need to get their numbers down.

oldmodel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Crawfordsville
    Police Dept

Sounds like the police dept did you good.Where I live I came out of house Sun morning ans saw house behind me that is vacant had back door wide open.Went to local police dept which was locked up used their phone outside got ahold of dispatch said to wait for an officer after waiting 10 minutes with a no show officer I left,this was after I told dispatcher the address of the broken in house.2 days later no police show up door is still wide open!

swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    You believe this crap....really????

Stats are manipulated to fit an agenda. There are multiple murders a night on a regular basis this year. How can we be having a decline in violent crime. Look around my friend, It ain't getting better out there.

Never said anything about murders.

How exactly are they manipulating the numbers???

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I know it's hard to believe, but violent crime in Indy, and the US, has been trending downward the last few years. The link doesn't include 2012 #'s.
    Indy Crime Rates
    Where do you see that violent crime is "trending downward"?
    According to your link, murder, rape, robberies, thefts, auto thefts, and arson all seem to be holding steady and/or slowly rising, and assault and burglaries are skyrocketing!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Never said anything about murders.

How exactly are they manipulating the numbers???

You really think they aren't..........:scratch:

they provide the numbers. Books are cooked at all levels.

Murders are the most violent crime that can be committed. Seriously, where is this coming from. Put down the Kool-aide and move away from the table. Save yourself....run towards the light.........:):

swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Where do you see that violent crime is "trending downward"?
    According to your link, murder, rape, robberies, thefts, auto thefts, and arson all seem to be holding steady and/or slowly rising, and assault and burglaries are skyrocketing!

Violent crime rate in 2011
    Indianapolis: 591.5
    U.S. Average: 213.6

Violent crime rate in 2009
    Indianapolis: 644.2
    U.S. Average: 238.0

Violent crime rate in 2008
    Indianapolis: 650.2
    U.S. Average: 252.4

Violent crime rate in 2007
    Indianapolis: 667.7
    U.S. Average: 259.7

Sure sounds like it's trending down to me. I have no idea why 2010 isn't in there.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Remember the threads and news stories about a Indy having 2 of the worst zip codes in the country? I live in one of those. The good old 46205.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Trends are just that, trends. They come and go. A trend doesn't negate the base exponential of the problem. A downward trend of the occurrence of crime doesn't mean that you are 100% safe to not be proactive.

mg_srt

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Elkhart/South Bend
    I agree about stats. A radio show I listen to was taking calls from people in Detroit. It seems now if u want a police report made you have to come into the station after the fact to have one made. The original call alone will not generate a report. Tricky...

What doesn't it say to SERVE and protect, they want to cut back on what the police do and strip us of our firearms.. What a backwards world we are living in.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Sure sounds like it's trending down to me. I have no idea why 2010 isn't in there.
    Ok, the numbers you posted are a VERY slight drop over four years. AND for some reason, they left out one year... Wonder why?
    and numbers dropping an average of 25 per 100,000 residents PER year (and leaving one year out) seems to me to be basically remaining steady, NOT "trending downward"! Ecspecially with the extreme rise in assault and burglaries!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    A quick update. Had my electrician friend stop by yesterday and we got a total of 7 new flood lights up and running. I also swapped out the motion light on the porch for 2 full time floods. The motion detector would only stay on for 10 minutes max, which didn't cut the mustard with me.

Now if someone gets within 30 feet of the house on any side they will be lit up. It also let's me keep an better eye on the cars in the driveway from the bedroom window.

Total cost was about $120 in hardware and bulbs since electrician donated the labor. He's a fellow INGOer, but not very active and I don't know his screen name to thank him publicly.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    A quick update. Had my electrician friend stop by yesterday and we got a total of 7 new flood lights up and running. I also swapped out the motion light on the porch for 2 full time floods. The motion detector would only stay on for 10 minutes max, which didn't cut the mustard with me.

Now if someone gets within 30 feet of the house on any side they will be lit up. It also let's me keep an better eye on the cars in the driveway from the bedroom window.

Total cost was about $120 in hardware and bulbs since electrician donated the labor. He's a fellow INGOer, but not very active and I don't know his screen name to thank him publicly.
    Small price to pay for a little peace of mind. Good luck !

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Now "they" look at your house at say, move on to the next soft target.

That's the idea. The next project involves replacing front and back doors with steel core security doors. It's not in the budget just yet, but hopefully I can save up a little cash over the next few months.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    That's the idea. The next project involves replacing front and back doors with steel core security doors. It's not in the budget just yet, but hopefully I can save up a little cash over the next few months.

Yep. I use to hear about how "annoying" neighbors can be with their spot lights and bright as all can be porch lighting. Now, I use the highest lumens bulbs I can find for my property lighting and to hell with what others think. My state of mind trumps all others.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Consider a security style storm door. Make the jambs fast to the frame work of the house. If properly done it will take a chain and a car to get them open.
    We have these on our home.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

to those who wonder how they manipulate and flavor the Kool-Aid they serve up.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL

Good to hear :thumbsup: I had a pastor at a church I use to go to in Bloomington who dealt with his wife and kids getting robbed at gun point in front of his house once. The week that it happened he said he was going to do all this "stuff" to make everything safer for his family but he never did. I don't understand people like that. Anyways, props to you for staying on it.

Top Bottom