Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    coming home at 2:40am? girls night? :alright:

glad nobody was hurt, but as my grandmother always said, "Nothing good happens after midnight."

This is largely true, it seems. Too bad folks, minding their own business, not harming anybody else have to worry about low-lifes like this ruining their night.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Yes, yes, and yes. I should have asked her to call me. I told her before hand I was nervous about her staying out too late. We had dinner together but I came home early to put our daughter to bed.

We will learn from this, but it definitely is not the time for I told you so.

Didn't mean to come off as I told you so, situation flat sucks, WE can only learn from this. Telling her that you will be armed and waiting for her return might help ease her mind and make her more comfortable.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Yeah, scary stuff Sarge. Make sure your gf is aware of what's going on too. Maybe this will can help open her eyes a little bit.

On that note, I'm not sure whether all the current news of home invasions and whatnot has my GF more awake or not, but she hasn't said anything about the gun on my hip (slightly under my shirt). I know it's not invisible, so she has to have come to some kind of terms with me carrying for our safety.

AND no fault ment here Sgt.

Life is a learning process, and I try to learn from others.

No judging/armchair quarter-backing here...Bill.

Indeed

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Hindsight is always 20/20. MCgrease08 is an intelligent man. He knows all the coulda/shoulda stuff.

It's all good. I want to get other people's thoughts on this. That's why I posted the thread. Looking at it as a learning experience for me and my wife. Maybe I can get her to create her own account on :ingo:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yikes! Glad they are ok and unharmed (physically)

Perp needs kicked off the planet.... even though he was probably a good guy and trying to turn his life around...... or something.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I'm sorry this happened, and I'm glad they are both physically okay. If they are interested in training, keep us in mind. We will lay down the foundation of safety and marksmanship basics and then can advance into defensive scenarios.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    For years I tried to get my wife into a class or two.
    "I" couldn't show her anything cause "I" was her husband. Any idea that I had was totally dissed, but if she heard that same exact idea on TV or in a magazine or from a friend or a bum on the street, that idea was golden.

I bet you were finally giving up on trying to get her some classes until now. Sorry it had to take a scare like this to wake her and her friends up................Wait just a minute.

I get it now..............

So - What are you going to do with their purses now that your evil plan worked.
    And a ski mask? Really? That's so eighties.

Glad they weren't hurt.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm sorry this happened, and I'm glad they are both physically okay. If they are interested in training, keep us in mind. We will lay down the foundation of safety and marksmanship basics and then can advance into defensive scenarios.

Definitely. I appreciate the offer. I will bring it up with my wife who has already stated she doesn't ever want to be a victim again.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    . If they are interested in training, keep us in mind. We will lay down the foundation of safety and marksmanship basics and then can advance into defensive scenarios.

Definitely. I appreciate the offer. I will bring it up with my wife who has already stated she doesn't ever want to be a victim again.

I was about to recommend IGS when you guys posted .

IGS is very good at taking time explaining things and answering questions women have .

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Scary situation for sure. Just glad they just took stuff, stuff can always be replaced. Hopefully your wife will not be to traumatized by this. Good luck with the father- in-law.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    The new generation of security lights are solar powered so you can drop them around your home any place you want without a power supply necessary. They are motion activated. Just imagine the different response the thug would have had if he had been lit up like a christmas tree the moment he stepped toward the ladies.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The new generation of security lights are solar powered so you can drop them around your home any place you want without a power supply necessary. They are motion activated. Just imagine the different response the thug would have had if he had been lit up like a christmas tree the moment he stepped toward the ladies.

Sadly we have so many old trees around the house we don't get much sunlight. I have an electrician friend who is going to help me get a good system of flood lights set up.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I had an attempted break in at my old house back in IL. I lived way out in the middle of nowhere. It was 20 years ago or so, maybe 25. He shot me once in the upper leg just as I discharged my 870 filled with #4 buck (2 3/4" shell) into his chest and as it hit him he fired again, in reflex(?) and hit me in the shoulder as he went down. I killed him. The police arrived just after the shooting stopped as I had called 911 just before going out to see what was up. I wasn't charged and obviously I recovered but it haunts me and give me nightmares still. No doubt though I shoot again as he was ready to kill me sure as heck. He didn't blink when he raised his gun on me and that was and remains the scariest stuff I've ever been through.

That's why I carry and have a gun within reach all the time I am home.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    UPDATE: We just met with Officer Griffith with IMPD who returned ALL the stolen property minus the cash. They found everything scattered in a driveway just a few blocks away.

All credit cards, IDs, 2 cell phones, keys, an iPod, expensive sunglasses and purses were dumped. In total the guy made off with about $130 in cash.

My wife told me during the robbery she pleaded with the guy not to take her phone because of the family photos inside. He told her he would drop it in the alley when he was done. I thought that was an odd thing to say, but he was true to his word. I don't know if that counts as honor among thieves or not, but I'm happy he a) never got violent and b) ditched the important stuff.

Cops said he was likely a pro, not some tweaker or gang-banger.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    UPDATE: We just met with Officer Griffith with IMPD who returned ALL the stolen property minus the cash. They found everything scattered in a driveway just a few blocks away.

All credit cards, IDs, 2 cell phones, keys, an iPod, expensive sunglasses and purses were dumped. In total the guy made off with about $130 in cash.

My wife told me during the robbery she pleaded with the guy not to take her phone because of the family photos inside. He told her he would drop it in the alley when he was done. I thought that was an odd thing to say, but he was true to his word. I don't know if that counts as honor among thieves or not, but I'm happy he a) never got violent and b) ditched the important stuff.

Cops said he was likely a pro, not some tweaker or gang-banger.

such a nice guy!

I don't think alcohol and carrying mix, but I assure you, if the shooting is justified,your BAC won't matter. If the shooting isn't justified the BAC won't matter. Carry smartly, drink responsibly. Be able to defend yourself.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Happened to my wife too way back in 1992 black male waited for her to get out of the mini van and stuck a small caliber handgun in her face, tough Korean lady she is, she screamed, tossed her keys,purse, and bible bag into the air, and hit the deck. Oxygen thief grabbed her bible bag and took off. She still has a scar on her knee go remind her of that night.

Top Bottom