Dooooo diiii dooooo
    iu

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    People from outside the "donut counties" who come to watch games in the Colts stadium but never paid a cent to build it.

Out of town Patriots fans riding around town on subsidized Lime Bird Scooters.

Old people who lived in another state all their lives, move here in retirement, and still get subsidized state park passes.

Come on people. Help me. The B!tches Brew is missing a few ingredients.
    I pay taxes on the gas I buy for my lawnmower. Where do I apply for my refund since I don’t use my lawnmower on the road?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I will up the ante on this thread...mid-afternoon on a Saturday, just north of Conner Prairie...construction zone that has been active for months...closed lanes, redirected lanes, and here comes the yellow jersey pedaling like hell between the 1-meter tall cones and temporary concete barriers...a number (large number) of people behind him. Happily I was going the other direction. He did not look like "King of the Road" as he passed us. #sad

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I wad trying to text bothered while driving through a pack of cyclists. I didn't want to look down to correct as they began to surround me and smack my truck furiously with yardsticks
    I was just about to believe you, but I am sure they can't fit yardsticks in their spandex panties.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Where can I get my cyclist's exemption from paying any taxes that you so speciously assert? Or, could it be you actually are aware cyclists pay just as much tax as any other road user if not more?

Oh, and moist of the roads I ride on were likely paid to be BUILT more than several generations ago. I-70 was built through Indiana in 1956, I-69 in 1971
    As a cyclist, what fuel tax or special fuel tax do you pay?
    As a cyclist, what vehicle registration fees do you pay?

Those things are only paid by motorists. Cyclists don't pay them. If cyclists also own motor vehicles, they have paid those taxes and fees because of the use of their motor vehicles on the roads, not because of the use of their bicycles. Trying to force this point really just implies that you don't intend to have a sincere discussion on the matter of motor vehicles and bicycles sharing the roads.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Bravo! An absolute MONUMENT to being technically but meaninglessly correct

Am I not still a cyclist while driving a car? Must I actually be strapped to be considered a proponent of RKBA? Is the identity solely tied to the activity? you know better
    No, in fact, you are not. While driving a car, you are a motorist, not a cyclist.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Not that I have seen enforced. Gotta love the old lady that walks her foo-foo dog in the street rather than on the sidewalk, which she probably does because of aggressive breed dogs that are in invisible fence the goes to within two feet of the sidewalk…
    Perhaps not that you've seen, but it does happen. Probably more often than a cyclist gets stopped. What started the Mike Brown stop?
    And what is an aggressive breed dog? And aggressive to what?

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Most people only think about what they know. I know people that ride 10,000 plus miles per year, they do not even own a car. I know folks that have routes they ride often that are 100-150 miles a day, hard to ride that in a park or get to work.

Actually gun folks and many cyclists have a lot in common, their bicycles are quite similar to guns that folks tinker with, swap parts, or tune up to run better.

I have mostly quit road riding since the proliferation of texting and because of unhinged bicycle haters on the road. Haters every bit as unhinged as that person calling the cops because they saw your gun when you bent over to get something of the shelf at a store…
    Sounds like the hate goes both ways. Most drivers are considerate of bikers and give them all the consideration they can.

Don

Top Bottom