• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    So here is my lack of understanding, how someone is doing something legal, in a legal manner, that they have every right of freedom to do, but somehow they are the entitled? How does that work? Wouldn’t the entitled be those that believe the other guy should relinquish his legal freedom as a “courtesy”?

So you have a place to shoot out in the country where it is legal to shoot. The neighbor calls 911 to complain about your shooting every time you shoot, do you believe you should relinquish your legal freedom to shoot as a “courtesy” to the neighbor? Are you “entitled” if you do shoot?
    I'm simply saying common courtesy should decide the path one takes not the letter of the law. No I wouldn't relinquish my right to shoot but at the same time I wouldn't be shooting at 10 PM.. It's still legal for me to do so but I treat people as I wish to be treated..
    The road in question happens to have a 50 MPH speed limit. Letter of the law I cede the legal 36 inches and blow by the guy at 50 miles an hour. I am well within my rights but it would be nothing short of stupid and irresponsible on my part. Treating other as you wish to be treated is always the best path but maybe I'm expecting too much of others to extend the same courtesy to me.
    The terrain is a bit hilly so it wouldn't be out of the question to pop over a hill and find yourself going 50 with two bicycles going 20 100 yards ahead and oncoming traffic. . This is a recipe for a disaster that could easily be avoided if the cycles were single file rather than the middle of the lane. I have no desire to be involved in such a life altering event and it could be easily avoided with a little courtesy and common sense on all sides.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    But you can rest assured you are in good company most in this thread think just like you.
    My current daily is this nasty loud auction truck that someone else 'worked' on, and it smokes like crazy at every touch of the pedal. Just absolutely nasty, but its a freaking rocket, for a truck.

I know they hear me behind them. And I know they're dreading what's coming. So I nail it in my anticipated pass, then pull over as far as I can and let off the throttle as I go around. I can see it goes from dread to relief and many times a friendly wave, them knowing what I did (or didn't) do.
    Spreading love through smoke. (or the lack thereof)
    Life is good.

Karma's a bitch. I don't care what side you're on.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    My current daily is this nasty loud auction truck that someone else 'worked' on, and it smokes like crazy at every touch of the pedal. Just absolutely nasty, but its a freaking rocket, for a truck.

I know they hear me behind them. And I know they're dreading what's coming. So I nail it in my anticipated pass, then pull over as far as I can and let off the throttle as I go around. I can see it goes from dread to relief and many times a friendly wave, them knowing what I did (or didn't) do.
    Spreading love through smoke. (or the lack thereof)
    Life is good.

Karma's a bitch. I don't care what side you're on.
    Never thought you'd be a KAREN!!!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There’s a word for that. “Normal”
    So apparently ”normal” now encompasses selfish and entitled as well. As I have said several times in this thread, many here are yelling “get off my lawn”, while wanting to take others freedoms, and somehow thinking they are superior to “karen” while being just that with twigs and berries…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So apparently ”normal” now encompasses selfish and entitled as well. As I have said several times in this thread, many here are yelling “get off my lawn”, while wanting to take others freedoms, and somehow thinking they are superior to “karen” while being just that with twigs and berries…
    No. It’s not apparent. The “normal” people think cyclists are the entitled assholes. You’re in the minority. Remember? That is what makes their opinions normal.

Top Bottom