NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    dayum. Thats some pretty dark humor.

I'll save ya'll a seat in hell. LOL
    He clearly was riding on the wrong side of the street. Street gangs can't allow dissing of their neighborhoods like that. There are rules that must be followed even by cyclists.

Let's go!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    He clearly was riding on the wrong side of the street. Street gangs can't allow dissing of their neighborhoods like that. There are rules that must be followed even by cyclists.

Let's go!

I was going to say.
    I HATE bicyclists that are on the wrong side.
    But DANG. That was a bit more severe than I had in mind.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Short trip to a friend's house yesterday (10 minutes). He lives in a rural area in Johnson county and I was expecting the usual peaceful drive.. On the way down two pedal toys taking up my lane refusing to move over forced me to cross a double yellow to get by them. Nearest I can find out the fine is at least $150 for that offense. On the way home a single rider that staked a claim to the middle of the road again forcing me to cross the double yellow. I will never understand such rude inconsiderate behavior. I know this topic has already been beaten to death but It's still maddening to encounter such buffoons....:ranton:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Short trip to a friend's house yesterday (10 minutes). He lives in a rural area in Johnson county and I was expecting the usual peaceful drive.. On the way down two pedal toys taking up my lane refusing to move over forced me to cross a double yellow to get by them. Nearest I can find out the fine is at least $150 for that offense. On the way home a single rider that staked a claim to the middle of the road again forcing me to cross the double yellow. I will never understand such rude inconsiderate behavior. I know this topic has already been beaten to death but It's still maddening to encounter such buffoons....:ranton:
    What do you believe the two riders should have done?

The second was in the middle of their lane or the road?

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    3 feet separation is required by law between car and bicycle when passing. Given this wouldn't a car have to cross the line to pass the bicycle even if the bicycle moved over?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

The two riders could have made an attempt to ride single file but instead just looked back at me like I was in their bike lane. The second, country road, only one lane and room for one car. There was no defined bicycle lane.

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    3 feet separation is required by law between car and bicycle when passing. Given this wouldn't a car have to cross the line to pass the bicycle even if the bicycle moved over?
    Yes, on this particular country road. Why should I be forced to break the law and risk a $150 fine on a road where the speed limit is 40 and the bicycles were going up a fairly, not steep but long incline at less than 20. Why should I be expected to extend courtesy when it's not extended to me? Too many people in this world, not just bicycles, that have the all about me attitude.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Car driver didn't look where here was going!!

zSlweF.gif

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The two riders could have made an attempt to ride single file but instead just looked back at me like I was in their bike lane. The second, country road, only one lane and room for one car. There was no defined bicycle lane.
    They can legally ride two abreast and no one was coming apparently since you did pass and it sounds like the lanes were too narrow for two cars and a bike to pass not sure what the big deal is.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yes, on this particular country road. Why should I be forced to break the law and risk a $150 fine on a road where the speed limit is 40 and the bicycles were going up a fairly, not steep but long incline at less than 20. Why should I be expected to extend courtesy when it's not extended to me? Too many people in this world, not just bicycles, that have the all about me attitude.
    The three feet is not courtesy, it is law. What law are you referring to that the fine is $150? The law allows cars to pass bikes on double yellow.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    The three feet is not courtesy, it is law. What law are you referring to that the fine is $150? The law allows cars to pass bikes on double yellow.
    12 ft wide road, 6 ft wide car, 3 ft separation, if the riders just use the right side of the road, every body would be fine.

But they didn't.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    The three feet is not courtesy, it is law. What law are you referring to that the fine is $150? The law allows cars to pass bikes on double yel

12 ft wide road, 6 ft wide car, 3 ft separation, if the riders just use the right side of the road, every body would be fine.

But they didn't.
    Yes that's true but they didn't want to share ANY of the road. I would have been satisfied if they just offered the compromise you suggested but they felt they were entitled to force me on to the wrong side of the road. Just giving a little grace goes a long way to alleviate any hard feelings.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Law allows passing when it's considered "safe". Somewhat of a subjective term when you get right down to it. When who considers it safe and what exactly is safe. Like a lot of laws the powers that be tend to leave themselves plenty of wiggle room so it's never their fault if something goes wrong.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

If they had held me up with not letting me pass, they would have had to get those yoga clothes dry cleaned to get that black diesel soot off them themselves.

Todays Trivia Question, why do you think that a diesel trucks exhaust, is on the right side?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If they had held me up with not letting me pass, they would have had to get those yoga clothes dry cleaned to get that black diesel soot off them themselves.

Todays Trivia Question, why do you think that a diesel trucks exhaust, is on the right side?
    More advocating of assault. Better be careful just who you do that to because many of them also carry…

Top Bottom