• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I find it funny that several rock ribbed Fox conservatives now believe it is time for the GOP to get over the whole abortion and gay marriage things. They would have pounced on such squishiness just a few weeks ago coming from any one else.

They're all hurrying to get on the right side of history.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Figured someone here could use some focus material in the form of a adult coloring book:

Trump Coloring Book - Part 2! - Album on Imgur

Sneak peak:
    9BPnpxv.jpg

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I find it funny that several rock ribbed Fox conservatives now believe it is time for the GOP to get over the whole abortion and gay marriage things. They would have pounced on such squishiness just a few weeks ago coming from any one else.

Funny, after hearing a certain string of radio ads by the Chamber of Commerce, I'm starting to think "Rock Ribbed Conservative" is either an epithet or a euphemism meaning "lover of big government."

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Funny, after hearing a certain string of radio ads by the Chamber of Commerce, I'm starting to think "Rock Ribbed Conservative" is either an epithet or a euphemism meaning "lover of big government."
    Certainly seems to be. I know it has been "the thing" for all Republicans to call themselves a principled conservative when they were neither. I guess I should appreciate that they are now suddenly out of the closet.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Certainly seems to be. I know it has been "the thing" for all Republicans to call themselves a principled conservative when they were neither. I guess I should appreciate that they are now suddenly out of the closet.

As long as they don't start dying their hair funny colors and dressing up like women, I suppose the 'out of the closet' thing is OK.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

They should get over them if they care about winning presidential elections.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Trump does an abrupt about-face on issue of lobbyists.
    “I don't want lobbyists. I don't want special interests" Unless they're mine then they're huge.

Trump campaign brings in lobbyists for key posts - POLITICO

Pot, meet kettle.

Before we jump to conclusions let's see what they do. Says Trump's manager hired them, not Trump himself. I have no problem calling bull**** if it turns out for the worse.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Of course, his campaign did it so he's not guilty of hypocrisy like everyone else, all those other lying beastages, they're liars he'll tell you. I guess it's just because his kettle is huge and so black that it's making politics great again, you have no idea the size of his kettle. We'll all just have to wait and see how great it is, and if we complain then he'll sue us for defamation. He'll sue everyone, it will be easy, he's going to make it so easy, then you can all pay up.

By his own standards of defamation he should have been sued out of existence long ago. By his own standards of consistency no one has any need to be consistent on anything.

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Yes. He is still an outsider to the GOP establishment. It is time for him to drift towards the center and change his style to a more presidential posture. He can still hammer his opponents while settling down on the bombast to appeal to more moderate voters. The man is smart. He knows that the typical American has the attention span of a gnat.

To the GOP he may be outsider, but he has been in bed with the Democrats for a longtime.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Of course, his campaign did it so he's not guilty of hypocrisy like everyone else, all those other lying beastages, they're liars he'll tell you. I guess it's just because his kettle is huge and so black that it's making politics great again, you have no idea the size of his kettle. We'll all just have to wait and see how great it is, and if we complain then he'll sue us for defamation. He'll sue everyone, it will be easy, he's going to make it so easy, then you can all pay up.

By his own standards of defamation he should have been sued out of existence long ago. By his own standards of consistency no one has any need to be consistent on anything.

But it's okay when your guy is a Goldman Sachs shill. The very definition of special interest. Got it.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    But it's okay when your guy is a Goldman Sachs shill. The very definition of special interest. Got it.

So, can you point to some vote(s) or bill he authored that make him a shill for them?

Ted Cruz Didn?t Report Goldman Sachs Loan in a Senate Race - NYTimes.com

Does taking a substantial amount of money from your wife's employer and not reporting it count?

I take it that is a no? And getting a secured loan is a bit different than "taking money". Also see below.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Oh! It's a gotcha! It wasn't disclosed on every form. We have him now. I know let's elect the crony capitalist who openly brags about buying politicians.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Oh! It's a gotcha! It wasn't disclosed on every form. We have him now. I know let's elect the crony capitalist who openly brags about buying politicians.

Well yeah...it's not like he can know all the ins and outs of every law and regulation, you know, like Trump. Those contractors and investors, and little old ladies blocking a limousine garages don't just get screwed over unless you know how to take advantage of bankruptcy laws, know how to work the levers of government, sway decision makers with your celebrity and wealth.

Top Bottom