• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    But it's okay when your guy is a Goldman Sachs shill. The very definition of special interest. Got it.

Yeah, that's the ticket, we should only elect people who's wives have never done anything of importance...except pose in the nude. My wife worked for a good sized bank, Sr. Financial Advisor, so I guess I'm in that shill boat. Got it...you've got a new religion, it requires really dark glasses which only see the faults of others. Hail Caesar your new deity.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh! It's a gotcha! It wasn't disclosed on every form. We have him now. I know let's elect the crony capitalist who openly brags about buying politicians.

Why that's almost as devastating as the LLC that operates your aircraft inadvertently allowing it's registration to expire. OFF WITH THEIR HEADS

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well yeah...it's not like he can know all the ins and outs of every law and regulation, you know, like Trump. Those contractors and investors, and little old ladies blocking a limousine garages don't just get screwed over unless you know how to take advantage of bankruptcy laws, know how to work the levers of government, sway decision makers with your celebrity and wealth.

Is this the same Trump who was being criticized for not even being to keep the registration regulations for his Citation straight? Which is it? Doofus or scheming legal mastermind. Can't be both

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Is this the same Trump who was being criticized for not even being to keep the registration regulations for his Citation straight? Which is it? Doofus or scheming legal mastermind. Can't be both

Good point. Probably a matter of priorities.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm starting to believe, honestly, that voting is a racket (at least on the federal level). Trump will go into the convention with the most delegates, probably. But if he doesn't get the nomination, voting would have been for not. All that will have been accomplished was the filling of political war chests for the anointed candidate.

It IS a racket. How else do we end up with a choice between Hillary or Bernie vs Cruz or Trump. That is the extreme Hobson's choice.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It looks like most here are divided......... exactly what the Liberals are counting on.

Just give me a candidate who at least recognizes that government isn't the answer to every problem and isn't "playing a part" and isn't a sleazebag. I'd be happy to vote for that person. But as it is, yeah, I think Trump is a snake oil salesman, and most Trumpers seem to be rabidly "fiercely loyal" snake oil connoisseurs. And Cruz is a smarmy candidate with a cheap TV Evangelist style, who would do just about anything to win. But both, for all their horribly distasteful faults, are still a better choice than Bernie or Hillary. And for only one reason: Either Hillary or Bernie will nominate a SCOTUS justice who will be unfriendly to the 2nd amendment. There are no more candidates in the race that I trust to do the right things in government. So it's come down to that one issue.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Ted Cruz Didn?t Report Goldman Sachs Loan in a Senate Race - NYTimes.com

Does taking a substantial amount of money from your wife's employer and not reporting it count?

Does making an illegal contribution (aka bribe to the person investigating your "college", who is now backing your campaign) and attempting to hide it by false reporting count?

Trump Foundation admits error in donation to Florida attorney general campaign - POLITICO

No. You insinuate that they bought him with that money. I wanted to know what they supposedly received for making the loan.

He doesn't seem to want to answer that. I wonder why?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Does making an illegal contribution (aka bribe to the person investigating your "college", who is now backing your campaign) and attempting to hide it by false reporting count?

Trump Foundation admits error in donation to Florida attorney general campaign - POLITICO

It says they are working with the IRS to correct the mistake. Usually they do give you a chance to correct it before they slap the cuffs on you.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So when Trump does it it's an honest mistake.

Has it occurred to you that maybe Trump is a corrupt douchebag who is "playing a part" to get gullible people to support him for the nation's most powerful position?

And I'm not saying Cruz isn't a corrupt douchebag. I'm just saying your fierce loyalty may have disabled your ability recognize truths you may have otherwise recognized.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    So when Trump does it it's an honest mistake.

Has it occurred to you that maybe Trump is a corrupt douchebag who is "playing a part" to get gullible people to support him for the nation's most powerful position?

And I'm not saying Cruz isn't a corrupt douchebag. I'm just saying your fierce loyalty may have disabled your ability recognize truths you may have otherwise recognized.

I don't know if it was or not, that's not my call.

What you say could very well be true and I am willing to take the risk. I did not want Trump to begin with, I've only decided to support him recently. I know what I'm going to get under a Cruz presidency, a theocratic social statist who has no business sense in the Oval Office doesn't sound good to me. Trump is a statist, but is one on issues that are more tolerable to be one. Plus the business experience is important to me.

Trump, Cruz, whoever, all corrupt on some level. But I'd rather have Trump. I cannot vote Cruz as much as I cannot vote Hillary. I will do my part to help Trump beat Cruz.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    No. You insinuate that they bought him with that money. I wanted to know what they supposedly received for making the loan.

It says they are working with the IRS to correct the mistake. Usually they do give you a chance to correct it before they slap the cuffs on you.

Yep, that is what they say. Cruz's campaign also stated that if they filled in error, they would correct it. What's the difference?

And I notice you still refuse to answer the question.

I know what I'm going to get under a Cruz presidency, a theocratic social statist who has no business sense in the Oval Office doesn't sound good to me. Trump is a statist, but is one on issues that are more tolerable to be one. Plus the business experience is important to me.

Why do you say a Cruz presidency would be theocratic, or a social statist? And why do you say he has no business sense? Also business experience is more important than let's say domestic policy, foreign policy, military/VA policy, constitutional, etc., experience in a President? If Trump can get advisors on things he has no experience with, why couldn't Cruz?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    And Cruz is a constitutionalist first. That would eliminate any possibility of a theocracy.

Not when you adhere to the preposterous interpretations of the dominionists and their pet writer Barton, it's not. His interpretation is not that of the mainstream American.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    But, if he knows he cannot do anything about it because of the constitution, then it doesn't matter. He could be a FSM believer, but recognize that the constitution prevents him from implementing any of that ideology.

;)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    But, if he knows he cannot do anything about it because of the constitution, then it doesn't matter. He could be a FSM believer, but recognize that the constitution prevents him from implementing any of that ideology.

;)

Stand by for the long list of bills introduced and official actions taken to further Ted's dominionist beliefs.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Stand by for the long list of bills introduced and official actions taken to further Ted's dominionist beliefs.

I think you have that backwards. ALL of the legislation he's "supported" was just cover to cover up that he really wants to cover the nation with dominionist burkhas and oily coverup stuff. When it comes to covering stuff, he's got that covered.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Yep, that is what they say. Cruz's campaign also stated that if they filled in error, they would correct it. What's the difference?

And I notice you still refuse to answer the question.

Why do you say a Cruz presidency would be theocratic, or a social statist? And why do you say he has no business sense? Also business experience is more important than let's say domestic policy, foreign policy, military/VA policy, constitutional, etc., experience in a President? If Trump can get advisors on things he has no experience with, why couldn't Cruz?

Have you seen the guy's dad? Straight out of the looney bin. Did you see the pastor that called for the murder of gays and introduced Ted later on at a conference? Ted is a perpetual whiner of religious liberties. What the heck does he mean by that? He's a product of the company he keeps and gives Christians a bad name. I would not be shocked if he used the power of the federal government to impose certain morals on the people who don't want it. We haven't had a president with real business experience in decades, they've all just sold out to interests and agree to the disastrous trade deals we have today. We need to renegotiate and get better deals because we can't afford it anymore. Ted is NOT a dealmaker and he proved that by defaulting the government to make a political point. We've been the laughing stock of the world for 16 years, do we need to be it for any more?

Top Bottom