• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    He has exploited and inflamed those racial divisions. I never said he created them, just divided the country on them. Perhaps I should have said further divided the country?

I'd argue that he hasn't, what he has done is spoken the truth (largely) as I and apparently a lot of other people see it. Those whose primary goal when they get out of bed is finding something to be offended about are responsible for inciting racial divisions. Their arguments are crap but they are free to spin themselves up however much they like. The truth is the truth.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    id like to see the chart or pie graph on all the Americans thats went bankrupt on Health Care bills versus countries that have health care and benefits ? its 70 million to zer0
    Bush didn't squander a surplus on war?where exactly was it? The great Depression version 2.0? who was asleep when all that happened?
    For the gentlemen great grandchildren to the 5th power that are working for China I hope the record shows the US started borrowing money the day Obama went into Office so the deficit started January 2008
    Id like to get back on subject and say as everyone else already has said in the country, even his own mother, I would vote for Trump before another Bush thats for sure.
    Let me clarify as saying I don't think Hilary is a good choice either but I know in theory I have more beliefs that are Democrat then Republican. Id rather vote other to be blatantly honest I think the whole system is screwed and neither party wants anything to change!
    Read the link I posted in reply. I'm not going to read it to you.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Obamascare...$100M+ standing up a website to help cover 30M who 'couldn't afford' (or wouldn't buy) insurance. Let me see now, if we just used the WEBSITE money to create a fund for healthcare for those who truly couldn't afford it (as opposed to not wanting to but watching netfix on a big screen while texting on their smartphone and getting pizza delivered) that would give us per person...ummm...carry the zero...

Health care is really expensive, I know let's create a bureaucracy on top of that expensive health care to manage it and those scads of government employees and buildings to house them will make it cheaper!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'd argue that he hasn't, what he has done is spoken the truth (largely) as I and apparently a lot of other people see it. Those whose primary goal when they get out of bed is finding something to be offended about are responsible for inciting racial divisions. Their arguments are crap but they are free to spin themselves up however much they like. The truth is the truth.

See above about his statement about who Mexico is sending us. And trust me, I don't get out of bed looking for things to be offended about. Although I do find the attitudes and actions of those I think you are referring to offensive.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Not really the same, but I recall Cold War propaganda explaining how to defect from places like East Germany and Russia.

This seems an odd tangent to follow, though. If we don't like what Mexico is doing, that is the hard job of diplomacy. The problem with that is that solid principles help provide consistency.

The tangent is the allegation that Trump was being racist along brown/nonbrown lines when making a statement regarding the quality of workers being sent to the US by Mexico, and whether that statement was intended to apply inherently to illegal aliens.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The tangent is the allegation that Trump was being racist along brown/nonbrown lines when making a statement regarding the quality of workers being sent to the US by Mexico, and whether that statement was intended to apply inherently to illegal aliens.

Oh, there are multiple tangents in this thread. Arguing over which one we are arguing about pushes the boundaries of meta. Might hit uber meta. :D

(For the record, I don't think the allegation of racism, at least on INGO, is based on Mexican workers and illegal immigration. I think the allegations are based on his refusal to distance himself from racist followers. Not saying I agree, just suggesting different linkage.)

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Used to be a free country...people could say what they wanted and if someone was offended, well, too bad.

The Donald may not speak "the" truth, but in our age of good-for-me relativism, he speaks "a" truth to many people. We either need a single truth we all abide by or to shut the **** up and let everyone live their own truth. Leftists want a substitute truth, not a "diversity" of truths.

Build it!

Berlin-Wall.jpg

And instructions on the layer cake o protection.

fdb95d4e32c37b49de05b15927706028.jpg

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    He is the donor class.

trump-and-clintons.jpg

And in order to be big business, you must pay gov't. This is how it works. He able to get through the sickness of gov't and succeed, and has the drive to do it. You bet he'll make it easier for business to thrive in this country. At this point EVERYONE should give trump a serious look. The FACT is the the left, the media, whiny liberals, and the republican establishment all HATE trump. The very people that have wrecked this country all hate trump and are doing everything they can to keep him away. This should at least be a huge positive to every single person in this country. He's the only true outsider. He runs business, and in order to do business you must pay politicians. Thats the awful way it works. If you want to put that as a negative for him then fine, or you could say he knows first hand exactly whats wrong with gov't and has the will to change it and make it better for business(which is exactly what we all want.) At this point, with so any problems, He'll do 2 things....immigration and financials. Those 2 are the biggest threats that face this country. Who really cares what else he'll do, they are small compared to those two things. He'll get rid of obamacare. Awesome. Actually make good trade deals for this country. Oh he really sounds sooo awful. He'll tear up the iran deal. Man he sounds so bad huh? at this point, we cant afford another politician in office who will keep this garbage going. The republicans let it all go obama's way, no more.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Who alleged Trump is being racist? And have you shown that Mexico is sending workers? Or just the fact that Mexicans are coming here to work?

Used to be a free country...people could say what they wanted and if someone was offended, well, too bad.

The Donald may not speak "the" truth, but in our age of good-for-me relativism, he speaks "a" truth to many people. We either need a single truth we all abide by or to shut the **** up and let everyone live their own truth. Leftists want a substitute truth, not a "diversity" of truths.

Build it!

I agree that people should be able to say what they want. But when a person is asking for my vote, I can decide whether I want to give it to them, and that includes deciding by what they say.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Who alleged Trump is being racist? And have you shown that Mexico is sending workers? Or just the fact that Mexicans are coming here to work?

When your engagement becomes so blatantly disingenuous, there is no need to continue. Are you now claiming that "dividing the country on brown/nonbrown" is NOT "racist"?

Happy Ted Cruz Is Mathematically Eliminated Day.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    When your engagement becomes so blatantly disingenuous, there is no need to continue. Are you now claiming that "dividing the country on brown/nonbrown" is NOT "racist"?

Happy Ted Cruz Is Mathematically Eliminated Day.

Yes I'm stating it. It's a political action to gain votes, not racism. It may be using racism but in itself it is not.

Are you still claiming that Mexico is sending people here legally or illegally?

Oh and Cruz is not mathematically eliminated on the first vote. He may not be able to get enough bound candidates, but I believe there are enough unbound for him to get it. Aren't there?

Oh and how unfair is the NY primary? Trump got what 60% of the votes and 90+% of the delegates? He should threaten to sue.And/or throw a temper tantrum as usual.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    yes the last eight years has been a living hell. Healthcare well no thanks to Republican Mitch McConnell people who can't afford it can now.
    are Dems the saviors? In comparison to where we were yes Bush sent us to a fake war for revenge of Bush Sr. Which was a epic failure . If Trump gets in we will be in another one if not more within the first 100 days.

Oh, really?

Getting set to pick up the pieces of ObamaCare?s collapse | New York Post

"ObamaCare’s collapsing. UnitedHealth will abandon most ObamaCare markets, the insurer announced Tuesday. Giant insurers like Aetna and the BlueCross Blue Shield Association are next. They warned last week losses trying to sell ObamaCare plans are “unsustainable” — $3 billion a year, according to Standard and Poor’s — and they’ll either stop selling the plans or significantly raise premiums."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Now you want to get the thread back on track, because you don't like the way your comments were received.

Who gives a **** how many people go bankrupt due to "free" healthcare? No one said anything about that. The fact is that nothing is "free". Someone is paying for it and NO ONE IS ENTITLED TO FREE ANYTHING. It's wrong, period. If someone wants a service (healthcare) from someone else, they owe that person something in return. Expecting a third party to pay for it is fundamentally wrong, end of story. No amount of talking in circles bull**** will change that.

I never said the Government started borrowing money when Obama took office. I didn't say he was responsible for all of it. I just pointed out that he has damned near doubled it since taking office. The surprising thing for people like you is that he did that to pay for all of the "free" **** that people like you feel they are entitled to.

This is an adult forum where we tend to have adult conversations. If you plan to run into the room, throw a turd at the wall and not expect to get any on you as you attempt to leave you're going to have a frustrating time here. Your beliefs are in thin supply around these parts.

In the interest of fairness, PDog, Bush did the same thing.

"When Bush’s term started Jan. 20, 2001, the gross federal debt was $5.73 trillion. At the end of his term, Jan. 20, 2009, the gross federal debt was $10.63 trillion. This means that the debt just about doubled under Bush."

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Oh, really?

Getting set to pick up the pieces of ObamaCare?s collapse | New York Post

"ObamaCare’s collapsing. UnitedHealth will abandon most ObamaCare markets, the insurer announced Tuesday. Giant insurers like Aetna and the BlueCross Blue Shield Association are next. They warned last week losses trying to sell ObamaCare plans are “unsustainable” — $3 billion a year, according to Standard and Poor’s — and they’ll either stop selling the plans or significantly raise premiums."

Or the government will just subsidize them and we'll be another layer worse off than we already are. Probably only like $25,000,000,000,000.00 more though so that ain't too bad I guess.

Who'd have thunk that declaring **** free doesn't make it so? Apparently a lot of people, must be the common core education coming home to roost. I need to start learning another language here pretty quick, just can't decide if it should be Chinese or Russian. One of em is gonna come in real handy.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    In the interest of fairness, PDog, Bush did the same thing.

"When Bush’s term started Jan. 20, 2001, the gross federal debt was $5.73 trillion. At the end of his term, Jan. 20, 2009, the gross federal debt was $10.63 trillion. This means that the debt just about doubled under Bush."

I'm aware of his spending and not much more pleased with it than Obama's. The primary difference being the way it was spent. You'll not hear me defending our involvement in the middle east but at least the money wasted paid for American workers to produce products used by American military folks doing something to earn it. Fundamentally I'd prefer that to what we've gotten in the last 8 years.

I posted that to counter the claim that Obama and the Dem's were some kind of savior working to improve things in this country. I guess it's true if you are a proponent of stealing from people willing to work and promoting lazy, parasitic behavior but I don't.

Top Bottom