• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I just got finished reading all the posts. It took quite a while to catch up and I also replied to a private message from a very nice member that took a while.
    I'll air my laundry so y'all will feel better.
    Today is my youngest son's birthday. We've had a great day doing all the stuff dads and sons do on birthdays. I'm a single full time dad so our time is precious. My family comes first. Thank you!
    I also watched some of the Colts game/ That didn't keep my attention long.
    OK, back to the truck.
    I did go to the dicks home. He was there. Yes, he came out without permission to shoot but figured I wouldn't mind. That's BS and we both knew it.
    Here's where things went wrong. The poor s.o.b. is stranded, broke, and totally screwed without truck or money. He spent almost all of his cash on a wrecker on an unsuccesful attempt at retrieving his truck.
    Empty 'fridge, out of TP ( l think it's justice LOL!) and right now F.F.L. as far as I can tell.
    My son and I took him to the store so the buttwipe could get buttwipe and bologna, etc. Generic bologna? YUK! Cheap TP..OUCH!
    He spent $12 on survival items. Poor dumb Dick.
    He's going to try to raise/borrow the $$ to get his truck out and swears he'll fix my yard. It's actually a muddy bog after rains and only really dries up after a week or so of dry weather. Basically don't get off the drive or you're screwed. I leave my other Jeep in the drive to keep people out. "Hint Hint"
    Man up? I wouldn't put myself in that situation to start with. I'm better than that and assume most people are.
    Posted publicly and should offer more details? Yes I did but only to get his attention. I'm sorry but I didn't think about the PM to do this. I was also pis..d and figured a little public humiliation threat might do some good and helped me vent my frustration and anger over this. In hindsight I would most likely have done different.
    It's not over until my yard and drive are repaired.
    Sometimes I forget how fortunate I am.
    No, I'm not going to kick a dog when he's down but he'll clean up his own mess when he tinkles on my floor.

Harry, I'd just like to say you're a better man than most. I hope your son got to see how this went down, it would be a great lesson for many young men to learn.

Teaching lessons while extending a helping hand often builds stronger members of society than whippings and harsh retribution.

I agree with your sore back, lots of sweat and a few blisters method of repayment. I'm also strongly impressed at your trip to the store.

I already repped you in this thread earlier this morning, wish I could rep you some more. You deserve it.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Looks like he will not be out to fix the damage, so I agree with others who posted early on, to come out and help with the repairs whether there's a range day involved or not just to help out a GREAT INGOER!
    Seriously Harry, let me know if I can help! And I can't imagine a tow truck not able to get him out, but I am willing to try with my 4wd truck! He must have dug himself in awful deep! In more ways than one!

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Looks like he will not be out to fix the damage, so I agree with others who posted early on, to come out and help with the repairs whether there's a range day involved or not just to help out a GREAT INGOER!
    Seriously Harry, let me know if I can help! And I can't imagine a tow truck not able to get him out, but I am willing to try with my 4wd truck! He must have dug himself in awful deep! In more ways than one!

I've seen tow trucks not be able to pull vehicles out of stuck situations before. One was some young idiot took a dodge 4x4 truck his dad just bought him and went fourwheeling around our field. He then decided he could cross a ditch, even though it was over 6 feet deep. Yup you guessed it, he got stuck, and the engine got hydrolocked. They called a tow truck to try to pull it out, with no luck. Dad then got his tractor and a chain that was nearby. The towtruck driver then said, if my truck couldn't get it out, that thing sure doesn't have the power to do it. Well he was wrong, that tractor pulled it out without a problem and the towtruck driver's jaw dropped in shock. I have a feeling that its going to take something more like that to get this truck out of HMH's yard. I'm too far or I'd consider coming down and helping.

HMH your compassion is amazing. I think you handled the situation very well. Not many people would of still helped him out after what he did. I'd say you did the right thing and proved you are the bigger man here. Great job!:yesway::yesway:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I'm just interested in why the hell you would leave your TRUCK and PHONE in someones field......two pretty important things for your average man!!
    There is only one thing so important a man would leave behind his truck AND his phone...

images

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Well if he's that broke I'd expect to see some good deals in the For Sale forum pretty soon.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I have to admit halfmileharry is a great guy, cause I got burned by member That never mailed the 1911 S & A MAGWELL, that I paid him $45 & I'm freaking pissed off, i'll never talk or deal with that member again

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    If the lawn is really that messed up, I am guessing you'd find plenty of volunteers on here to help you fix it if you open up the range for a bit afterwards :) People probably have 35hp tractors to bring, piles of topsoil, etc.

We'd like a chance to remedy the mistakes of another member.

35hp tractors?!
    Why would I take my lawn mower down there for?!

I can bring my JD 410 Backhoe, and toss the Grader Box on the 2940 and we could have those ruts gone with a quickness...

Not to mention Dig a Hole to place the offending Truck into...

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    Has anyone offered to pay it forward and offer to help a fellow INGOer in a time of need? Obviously we all want to help Harry but it sounds like there is another person in need. Yes he screwed up big time but who on here hasn't. Maybe he can use a little help and also get a little edumacation on etiquette but there are over 17000 of us on here and we all could use a little help once in a while...even Harry helped out after a bad situation. Maybe we ought to see what we can do??? OK go ahead and call me whatever!!! Just thinking if it were me or you could I do anything?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Has anyone offered to pay it forward and offer to help a fellow INGOer in a time of need? Obviously we all want to help Harry but it sounds like there is another person in need. Yes he screwed up big time but who on here hasn't. Maybe he can use a little help and also get a little edumacation on etiquette but there are over 17000 of us on here and we all could use a little help once in a while...even Harry helped out after a bad situation. Maybe we ought to see what we can do??? OK go ahead and call me whatever!!! Just thinking if it were me or you could I do anything?
    All the member had to do was let halfmileharry know if he had permission to shoot in his property, after getting bog down in the mud, leave a note, but no harry had to find out who the owner of the truck was & H U N T him down:n00b:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Thanks for the offers. He's supposed to take care of it himself. I'll take his word for it. I don't think that he's gonna step on his dingus with both feet. I hope not anyway. IF he screws up again I turn into the "Amazing Hemorrhoid" I can be a real P.I.A. to an arsehole.
    As far as getting stuck goes, I hung up my Jeep Cherokee with 33s on it a couple of years ago. I had to wait for it to dry out and use 4wd and the neighbors tractor. It's a nasty hole that eats mud buggys for breakfast. I was going to fill it in but I always knew some arse head would pull something like this.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Thanks for the offers. He's supposed to take care of it himself. I'll take his word for it. I don't think that he's gonna step on his dingus with both feet. I hope not anyway. IF he screws up again I turn into the "Amazing Hemorrhoid" I can be a real P.I.A. to an arsehole.
    As far as getting stuck goes, I hung up my Jeep Cherokee with 33s on it a couple of years ago. I had to wait for it to dry out and use 4wd and the neighbors tractor. It's a nasty hole that eats mud buggys for breakfast. I was going to fill it in but I always knew some arse head would pull something like this.
    If I was closer to you, I would try diving my SUZUKI VINSON 500 4X4 ATV with the 27 inch tires:D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom