• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I just got finished reading all the posts. It took quite a while to catch up and I also replied to a private message from a very nice member that took a while.
    I'll air my laundry so y'all will feel better.
    Today is my youngest son's birthday. We've had a great day doing all the stuff dads and sons do on birthdays. I'm a single full time dad so our time is precious. My family comes first. Thank you!
    I also watched some of the Colts game/ That didn't keep my attention long.
    OK, back to the truck.
    I did go to the dicks home. He was there. Yes, he came out without permission to shoot but figured I wouldn't mind. That's BS and we both knew it.
    Here's where things went wrong. The poor s.o.b. is stranded, broke, and totally screwed without truck or money. He spent almost all of his cash on a wrecker on an unsuccesful attempt at retrieving his truck.
    Empty 'fridge, out of TP ( l think it's justice LOL!) and right now F.F.L. as far as I can tell.
    My son and I took him to the store so the buttwipe could get buttwipe and bologna, etc. Generic bologna? YUK! Cheap TP..OUCH!
    He spent $12 on survival items. Poor dumb Dick.
    He's going to try to raise/borrow the $$ to get his truck out and swears he'll fix my yard. It's actually a muddy bog after rains and only really dries up after a week or so of dry weather. Basically don't get off the drive or you're screwed. I leave my other Jeep in the drive to keep people out. "Hint Hint"
    Man up? I wouldn't put myself in that situation to start with. I'm better than that and assume most people are.
    Posted publicly and should offer more details? Yes I did but only to get his attention. I'm sorry but I didn't think about the PM to do this. I was also pis..d and figured a little public humiliation threat might do some good and helped me vent my frustration and anger over this. In hindsight I would most likely have done different.
    It's not over until my yard and drive are repaired.
    Sometimes I forget how fortunate I am.
    No, I'm not going to kick a dog when he's down but he'll clean up his own mess when he tinkles on my floor.

I'd rep you but I'm out for the first time in a long time.

You're much nicer than I am.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I would have told him to walk his own butt to the store... I am amazed that someone would mess up your yard trespassing than have the audacity to ask for a ride to get some tp and food.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'd rep you but I'm out for the first time in a long time.

You're much nicer than I am.
    I don't know IF I'm any nicer than you are but I feel sorry for someone that screws up that bad. Kinda like an abandoned wet, ugly puppy on the porch.
    What are you going to do?
    I'm no bleeding heart and can be cold at times. This isn't one of them. Or..maybe it's just his lucky day.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    My son and I took him to the store so the buttwipe could get buttwipe and bologna, etc. Generic bologna? YUK! Cheap TP..OUCH!

Well, that was awful nice of you to help him out. :)

The worst part about the timing is that the grass can't be fixed till spring, so now you're stuck having this drag on for a few more months.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I just got finished reading all the posts. It took quite a while to catch up and I also replied to a private message from a very nice member that took a while.
    I'll air my laundry so y'all will feel better.
    Today is my youngest son's birthday. We've had a great day doing all the stuff dads and sons do on birthdays. I'm a single full time dad so our time is precious. My family comes first. Thank you!
    I also watched some of the Colts game/ That didn't keep my attention long.
    OK, back to the truck.
    I did go to the dicks home. He was there. Yes, he came out without permission to shoot but figured I wouldn't mind. That's BS and we both knew it.
    Here's where things went wrong. The poor s.o.b. is stranded, broke, and totally screwed without truck or money. He spent almost all of his cash on a wrecker on an unsuccesful attempt at retrieving his truck.
    Empty 'fridge, out of TP ( l think it's justice LOL!) and right now F.F.L. as far as I can tell.
    He's going to try to raise/borrow the $$ to get his truck out and swears he'll fix my yard. It's actually a muddy bog after rains and only really dries up after a week or so of dry weather. Basically don't get off the drive or you're screwed. I leave my other Jeep in the drive to keep people out. "Hint Hint"
    Man up? I wouldn't put myself in that situation to start with. I'm better than that and assume most people are.
    Posted publicly and should offer more details? Yes I did but only to get his attention. I'm sorry but I didn't think about the PM to do this. I was also pis..d and figured a little public humiliation threat might do some good and helped me vent my frustration and anger over this. In hindsight I would most likely have done different.
    It's not over until my yard and drive are repaired.
    Sometimes I forget how fortunate I am.
    No, I'm not going to kick a dog when he's down but he'll clean up his own mess when he tinkles on my floor.

Glad to hear you had a good day with your son and were able to move forward at least a little bit with this problem. Best of luck getting everything fully resolved and I have to say you are a gentleman and have handled this tough situation pretty damn well!

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I would have told him to walk his own butt to the store... I am amazed that someone would mess up your yard trespassing than have the audacity to ask for a ride to get some tp and food.

I think the op just had some compassion, the dog was down and is obvious is going to take a bit to get back up......... no point in kicking it again. Help the guy out and then when he has the time or cash and doesent fix the yard then at least you know you were the better man......... hopefully the other person repays the kindness quickly.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I don't know IF I'm any nicer than you are but I feel sorry for someone that screws up that bad. Kinda like an abandoned wet, ugly puppy on the porch.
    What are you going to do?
    I'm no bleeding heart and can be cold at times. This isn't one of them. Or..maybe it's just his lucky day.

He trespassed, messed up your yard and then tried to sneak away undetected (if you think he would have came back and owned up if the wrecker got his truck out, you are MUCH more trusting than I am)...Regardless of all of that, you still helped him out.

You are without a doubt more compassionate than I am.

He's "broke?" If he is so broke and down on his luck, how did he have the means to trespass on your land for a range trip?

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    HMH gets rep for seeing things through without getting sophomoric about it.

However, I am downgrading my threadrating. When I got to the end, I heard that sound from the price is right when they go over the dollar amount....
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A[/ame]

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    He's "broke?" If he is so broke and down on his luck, how did he have the means to trespass on your land for a range trip?

That was my thought also. Should u be out shooting when u only have enough money to pay for a tow truck service (75-150 bucks)??.....:dunno:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    If he is so down on his luck that he can't afford TP and bologna, he can sell a couple guns until he gets back on his feet. Lord knows I have had to part with several guns in the past just to put food on the table for my family.

I hate to judge, but he is in this situation because he is an irresponsible person. His irresponsibility is prooven by the fact that he came to your house without permission, he destroyed your property, he left his truck there without even giving a simple phone call to fess up, he left his phone in his truck, he went over 24 hours without even contacting you, and you actually had to hunt him down just to get an answer. This situation is just full of fail.

I'm not one to seek revenge or take a pound of flesh, but at the same time, I have no sympathy for this guy. Fellow INGOer or not, he completely screwed up here and then made a bad situation worse by not owning up to his mistakes.

I'm not perfect, but I will own up when I am wrong and take my licks.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    That was my thought also. Should u be out shooting when u only have enough money to pay for a tow truck service (75-150 bucks)??.....:dunno:
    I didn't ask his financial matters or employment situation. He made some poor decisions for sure IMHO.
    I'm angry about him coming out without permission and messing up my property but there more important things in life than a little mud and gravel to be concerned with.
    He and I do share a bond of sorts. USMC. Right or wrong it's hard to let a fellow Marine eat a big Poop sandwich without handing him some mustard. It hurt my feelings a fellow Marine would crap in my lunchbox.
    I don't know his frame of mind or what he's dealing with. I figure he'd tell me if he wanted to.
    I've had some times in my life that my mind wasn't working right and I had some of my fellow Marines pick me up and see me through. I can honestly say I probably wouldn't have made it without them.
    Hopefully I'm making the right decisions. Time will tell.

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I just read 34 pages of post and even though there has been some closure I am still disappointed that pics of your new truck have not been posted.

Top Bottom