• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I watched that Sootch0 video yesterday, very nice. Here's one that Nutnfancy did on the PPQ as well, not sure if it's already been posted or not:

[video=youtube;HcV7l4AjeXk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcV7l4AjeXk[/video]

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yep, I posted it a couple pages back. :)

DOH! That's what I get for being old and having a bad memory, sorry. Ah well, it was good enough to be posted twice :)

Still breaking in my 5" PPQ and still love it. Actually considering picking up the 4" version as well I like it so much.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    We got a pk380 for my mother a while back. Loved it in the hand, and firing it was a pleasure. I couldn't get over the mag release on it or the p22, but it's good you noted the ppq is different! I am partial to M&P because I've never had issues. I'll give the ppq a go in the future though, thanks for the info.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I picked up a 4" PPQ yesterday from the classifieds and dang if this doesn't seem to be even more balanced than the 5" version. I remember how impressed I was the first time I shot TopDog's PPQ M1 and ran out and bought the first one I could find, which was the 5" version. I'll never give up the 5" version, but while doing some dry fire practice last night, the 4" version felt even better to me. I'm gonna head to BGF for lunch and try them out back to back.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I picked up a 4" PPQ yesterday from the classifieds and dang if this doesn't seem to be even more balanced than the 5" version. I remember how impressed I was the first time I shot TopDog's PPQ M1 and ran out and bought the first one I could find, which was the 5" version. I'll never give up the 5" version, but while doing some dry fire practice last night, the 4" version felt even better to me. I'm gonna head to BGF for lunch and try them out back to back.

You are killing me. Now I want a 5 inch so bad. Like I don't have enough toys.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    For years I was allergic to plastic, being raised on 1911's. Then I was cured. Still got some 1911's but they are not my carry guns.

My go to carry gun IS my 1911, and that is AFTER starting with an M&P. My .45 is just too dang accurate in my hand to NOT be my carry gun.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Because i own a host of guns that I feel are superior to a PPQ. If i didn't, I might consider one. I have YET to find a gun that fits my hand better, feels better, shoots straighter, or looks better than my S&W 1911 SC E series Bobtail. If I do, I will buy it on the spot. Until then, the 1911 is my go to carry gun.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Because i own a host of guns that I feel are superior to a PPQ. If i didn't, I might consider one. I have YET to find a gun that fits my hand better, feels better, shoots straighter, or looks better than my S&W 1911 SC E series Bobtail. If I do, I will buy it on the spot. Until then, the 1911 is my go to carry gun.

OK we get it. You are a 1911 guy and only a 1911 guy. And nothing else.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You are killing me. Now I want a 5 inch so bad. Like I don't have enough toys.

Well, i took this to heart and sold the 4" PPQ to IndyGlockMan. We met at BGF to test the 4" and 5" PPQ's back to back. Both were tack drivers and accurate as hell, but he was interested in picking it up and I didn't really feel the need for both. One day I'll grab a 4" again, but this way there's one more PPQ owner out there...lol!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've been carrying my PPQ M1 .40 in a "locking" Safariland holster. The hoster has a thumb lever that locks the pistol into the holster at the ejection port. Drawing the weapon scrapes the factory plastic sight on this internal lock and has chewed the hell out of it.

So, I've just ordered a Dawson front and rear Tritium night sights for my PPQ. The sights are metal so hopefully they hold up in this holster.

Has anyone else tried these?

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I just shot WTBurnette's 5" PPQ at Beech Grove and it's crazy stupid accurate. Feels great, fits my had perfectly, and had less felt recoil that most guns I've shot.
    Also shot the 4" regular size PPQ and it was dead nuts accurate too. We fired a couple hundred rounds today and had a great time!
    Both PPQ's are easily as accurate as any other gun I've ever shot in the last 20 years including some nice 1911's.

I'' have to change my usual tag line from "everyone should own a Glock 19" to "everyone should own a Glock 19 and a Walther PPQ" !!
    oh, wait... I do NOW!
    Thanks WTBurnette!

Top Bottom