• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    My eyes are open for the sleeves. I WILL have a P99c, it's just a matter of how long and how much it will take. :)

When I do, I think I can probably fabricate some kydex sleeves. It will just take a bit of trial and error to get it right, and then a good bit of testing to be comfortable using them for carry.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    EASY Sight Changes

Yet another reason to own a PPQ. Just maybe the easiest sight change on any gun.

[video=youtube_share;0lrVPJTTnFw]http://youtu.be/0lrVPJTTnFw[/video]

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Good timing on that video Top Dog. My Dawson night sights just showed up. I'm going to put them on right now. :rockwoot:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Night sights installed. The Dawson sights are not as easy as the video above. They do use Trijicon lamps and are full metal though.

The factory front sight usees a 0.050 allen key to remove. The sight tool that came with my kit was a bit small & was a little hard to get onto the Dawson screw.

The rear are drift sights and I had to take off just a touch of the black finish to get it to fit into the dovetail. The frame plunger doesn't do anything on these sights. They are held in place using a small allen set screw.

Would I recommend these? 90% yes. If you're on a budget just do the front.

The front night sight is a huge step up from factory plastic POS. The rear seems much stronger than the factory plastic and I wouldn't worry if I had to rack the slide using the rear Dawson sight.

Top Bottom