• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Because i own a host of guns that I feel are superior to a PPQ. If i didn't, I might consider one. I have YET to find a gun that fits my hand better, feels better, shoots straighter, or looks better than my S&W 1911 SC E series Bobtail. If I do, I will buy it on the spot. Until then, the 1911 is my go to carry gun.

I don't know how you can say all of your guns are superior to a PPQ when you haven't even shot one...
    1911 guys... :rolleyes:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Own a P99. Shot a PPQ. Carry a 1911.

But yes I do think highly of the Walther polymer guns.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I just shot WTBurnette's 5" PPQ at Beech Grove and it's crazy stupid accurate. Feels great, fits my had perfectly, and had less felt recoil that most guns I've shot.
    Also shot the 4" regular size PPQ and it was dead nuts accurate too. We fired a couple hundred rounds today and had a great time!
    Both PPQ's are easily as accurate as any other gun I've ever shot in the last 20 years including some nice 1911's.

I'' have to change my usual tag line from "everyone should own a Glock 19" to "everyone should own a Glock 19 and a Walther PPQ" !!
    oh, wait... I do NOW!
    Thanks WTBurnette!

Congrats. You chose the right colored pill (Matrix reference).

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Alright having always been one to not let things go...

Here is another popular YouTube gun guy that recently posted a video and raves about the PPQ also mentions the praise given the gun by other YouTube gun celebrities.

[video=youtube_share;S7NSt_Xpol4]http://youtu.be/S7NSt_Xpol4[/video]

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I already let another INGOer shoot mine and he went out and bought a PPQ long slide. I am on the west side of Indy. If you are willing to meet me halfway on the south side at Indy Trading Post I will happy to let you shoot a PPQ, if you want I will bring a Walther P99c AS and a Walther PPS if you want to shoot them as well. PM me to set it up.

A PPQ LS is presently on my VERY short list.

I happen to have hands that are almost the nominal male hand, so some guns (G19, M&P) feel like they are tailor-made just for me.
    I'm actually surprised at the huge number of guns that really do feel great, and only a couple that feel bad to me.

Guns as diverse as a Super Blackhawk Bisley to a G19 to a P30 all feel great to me.

LCR/LC9/Kahr not so much.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    The main reason's i didnt get a ppq over my m&p is because it was just too small and curvy for my hand. I felt my hand was a bit cramped on the grip.

Also, I would argue that the xd has the best trigger. But that alone was not a selling point for me to get one

^ the same reasons I bought an XD40. Fit my hand and the trigger. Even though the M&P and Ruger SR pistols were more accurate shooters for me. The SR40 would have been my second choice, but the grip was to thin, and the M&P... well the trigger felt goofy and I didn't like the flippy thing in the mag well for field stripping.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    A PPQ LS is presently on my VERY short list.

I happen to have hands that are almost the nominal male hand, so some guns (G19, M&P) feel like they are tailor-made just for me.
    I'm actually surprised at the huge number of guns that really do feel great, and only a couple that feel bad to me.

Guns as diverse as a Super Blackhawk Bisley to a G19 to a P30 all feel great to me.

LCR/LC9/Kahr not so much.

Up thread wtburnette made an open offer to allow anyone that wanted to shoot his 5 inch PPQ. I just want to let people know I also am making an open offer to anyone that wants to shoot or even just handle the standard 4 inch PPQ to just PM me. A couple of people have already taken me up on that offer. You bring the ammo and I will bring the gun. For me that offer stands for the west side ranges (avon, MCFG) and ITP or BGF ranges. Just to refresh everyone, my PPQ is the M1 version with the mag release on the trigger guard. wtburnette's it the M2 version and has the standard button release on the side.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Up thread wtburnette made an open offer to allow anyone that wanted to shoot his 5 inch PPQ. I just want to let people know I also am making an open offer to anyone that wants to shoot or even just handle the standard 4 inch PPQ to just PM me. A couple of people have already taken me up on that offer. You bring the ammo and I will bring the gun. For me that offer stands for the west side ranges (avon, MCFG) and ITP or BGF ranges. Just to refresh everyone, my PPQ is the M1 version with the mag release on the trigger guard. wtburnette's it the M2 version and has the standard button release on the side.

Yep, my offer is still good as well. Pay your lane fee and bring some 9mm ammo and I'll meet you at ITP or BGF sometime to shoot my PPQ 5" LS. I'll warn you though, after you shoot it, you'll want one! After I met TopDog at ITP and shot his, I bought mine 2 days later :D

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Generous offers, fellas. I think it wise to make sure I have the cash for one before I shoot one ;)

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    I would also be happy to let anyone in my region take my Q for a spin. It is unfortunately the M2 version, as I got on the train after the discontinuation of the M1 but before the announcement that they would do limited runs of it.

As for the aftermarket issues, mags are the only thing I don't like about it. Not as big an issue with the M1 as you can use P99 mags which have been in production over a decade. I don't really buy stock holsters, and all the custom guys I have asked have a PPQ blue. Both Dawson and 10-8 do PPQ sights, and those are the only places I really buy sights from anyway... This may all be very subjective, obv.

I love the PPQ, but in all honesty I don't think it is an overall improvement over the P99 AS trigger system, just different. The Q is an amazing DA, striker trigger system. I find it better than the rest, you may not. If you are a SA-lover like I am, you may prefer the P99 AS. It has a very smooth DA pull and a great SA, with almost the exact same reset as the Q. I had one a long time ago before I fell in love with 1911s, and I wish I had not gotten rig of it now. I'm looking for the compact version, ATM. If I find one, I will extend the same offer for it as well.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I would also be happy to let anyone in my region take my Q for a spin. It is unfortunately the M2 version, as I got on the train after the discontinuation of the M1 but before the announcement that they would do limited runs of it.

As for the aftermarket issues, mags are the only thing I don't like about it. Not as big an issue with the M1 as you can use P99 mags which have been in production over a decade. I don't really buy stock holsters, and all the custom guys I have asked have a PPQ blue. Both Dawson and 10-8 do PPQ sights, and those are the only places I really buy sights from anyway... This may all be very subjective, obv.

I love the PPQ, but in all honesty I don't think it is an overall improvement over the P99 AS trigger system, just different. The Q is an amazing DA, striker trigger system. I find it better than the rest, you may not. If you are a SA-lover like I am, you may prefer the P99 AS. It has a very smooth DA pull and a great SA, with almost the exact same reset as the Q. I had one a long time ago before I fell in love with 1911s, and I wish I had not gotten rig of it now. I'm looking for the compact version, ATM. If I find one, I will extend the same offer for it as well.

Good points. I have a P99c with a AS trigger. I love it but still prefer the the always constant smooth pull on the PPQ.

As for mags the price has gone down. Grabagun has the mags for $34. That is the same price or cheaper than most M&P mags. Two things will bring the price down for accessories. Walther cut ties with S&W and is now set up in the US. So even service with be easier. The other thing that will bring prices down is the PPQ becoming more popular. The more the guns are bought the more third party stuff with be out there.

Competition is good for us. The PPQ might force the other major players to step up and make improvements in quality and features. Heck we could even see them start putting at least 3 mags in the box with new guns.

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    Competition is always better in the long run, I agree.

I will have to check out GaG for that. CDNN has decent prices on them in their newest catalog, too.

I really want a 99c for summer carry. Nobody can find me one, though. :(

I'm going to have to hold off on the extra mags until I figure out if I can find a 99c, because if I can I'm going to have to chunk out for an M1 PPQ for the mag compatibility at the range, and just ship my M1 to the girlfriend. Or maybe one of you guys...

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Competition is always better in the long run, I agree.

I will have to check out GaG for that. CDNN has decent prices on them in their newest catalog, too.

I really want a 99c for summer carry. Nobody can find me one, though. :(

I'm going to have to hold off on the extra mags until I figure out if I can find a 99c, because if I can I'm going to have to chunk out for an M1 PPQ for the mag compatibility at the range, and just ship my M1 to the girlfriend. Or maybe one of you guys...

If you go the mag compatibility route, good luck finding a magazine extension sleeve for using the full size P99 mags in the P99c. I have one and they are as hard to find as hens teeth now. In 2012 you could pick them up for $15 anywhere. I would suggest calling Walter USA and see if they have any in stock.

About a year ago you could find the S&W SW99 mags brand new for $15 a pop on eBay. I grabbed four. Now that Walther has ditched S&W, those same mags are going for $40.

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Somewhere
    I've always been a huge walther fan.

The PPQ is on my radar. I got a P99 I feel very strongly about that I've been trying to sell and no one wants it. I don't know if it's because it's in .40cal or that people generally don't know how awesome they are.

What kills em is that most glock fanboys talk so much ***** about how awesome their glocks are and won't give the Walthers the time of day, despite the fact that the P99 is almost identical to a glock and was designed by a glock engineer.

The PPQ is a fantastic weapon. It's the only reason I'd ever sell my P99.

PS. the Magnum Research mags work fine in the P99.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I've always been a huge walther fan.

The PPQ is on my radar. I got a P99 I feel very strongly about that I've been trying to sell and no one wants it. I don't know if it's because it's in .40cal or that people generally don't know how awesome they are.

What kills em is that most glock fanboys talk so much ***** about how awesome their glocks are and won't give the Walthers the time of day, despite the fact that the P99 is almost identical to a glock and was designed by a glock engineer.

The PPQ is a fantastic weapon. It's the only reason I'd ever sell my P99.

PS. the Magnum Research mags work fine in the P99.

PSS. the magnum Research mags work fine in the PPQ also.

Top Bottom