Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    How is he controlling it, if they all agreed to it?

As with most things, the seller sets the rules and the buyer can agree or go elsewhere.

There was a truck out of state I wanted. They wouldn't take an out of state check. Only in house financing or a wire (from your bank or other lending institution). Since I bought after banking hours (couldn't wire) and didn't want to carry a briefcase of cash with me, I let them finance it and wired money to that bank once they got the loan paperwork processed. I could have easily said no, but chose to agree to the sellers terms.

See how easy that can be?
    Not even remotely similar. It would be like, if you want to buy a car that you have to be a member of car group they approve of. That group charges fees too so you can be a member. That group has rules regarding your car.
    Of course you can buy a different car but all of the dealerships are now requiring this, and so do a lot of the other owners. But it's OK, it's your choice.
    Just like the covid vaccine, totally voluntary, right?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Not even remotely similar. It would be like, if you want to buy a car that you have to be a member of car group they approve of. That group charges fees too so you can be a member. That group has rules regarding your car.
    My point was that the seller sets the rules of the sale re: deed restrictions and the like. No one is forcing you to buy it.
    Of course you can buy a different car but all of the dealerships are now requiring this, and so do a lot of the other owners. But it's OK, it's your choice.
    Not every home requires a HOA. My current one doesn't have one.
    It was voluntary for many, it wasn't 100% required that all of the population take it. I didn't take it, nor did my wife. Really had no issues for not having my "Vax card"... funny thing is a few of my friends who took it are finally realizing they were duped!!!

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My point was that the seller sets the rules of the sale re: deed restrictions and the like. No one is forcing you to buy it.

This argument is good in theory but falls on it's face if requirements are:
    • Build new in a neighborhood
    Or
    • Specific location for employment, school, etc...
    Location is usually a critical component of the home buying process. To keep claiming that one has a choice because they could go somewhere else is essentially telling them they can't live in their chosen/desired location. If there were both HOA and non-HOA neighborhoods available to build on in the same location then you could say this with little argument.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Or
    Location is usually a critical component of the home buying process. To keep claiming that one has a choice because they could go somewhere else is essentially telling them they can't live in their chosen/desired location. If there were both HOA and non-HOA neighborhoods available to build on in the same location then you could say this with little argument.
    My HOA neighborhood was surrounded by non HOA neighborhoods (older and existing) as are many in the Indy and surrounding area. When the growth demands a builder buy a cornfield and develop it into a subdivision, you'll likely have the HOA. I'm not sure many in this thread are looking for that type of neighborhood though.

If one is wanting to build in a new neighborhood, they are likely wanting a HOA as well.

See the example Dean shared or the 10+ of my cousins who wanted the new home / neighborhood / HOA.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

It was voluntary for many, it wasn't 100% required that all of the population take it. I didn't take it, nor did my wife. Really had no issues for not having my "Vax card"... funny thing is a few of my friends who took it are finally realizing they were duped!!!
    My point was exactly the same. You just didn't like it.

It wasn't voluntary for so many, especially anyone working in the military or government. So, it's OK that the military can be experimental tested? None of that seems right. Nor losing a government job because of something that definitely wasn't agreed on in a employment contract. So, because it didn't effect your screw those others?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It was voluntary for me, until I got fired for not taking it. Lost a once in a lifetime job and got looked at like some sort of failure.

You seem to be living a very blessed life my friend.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Can we just word it accurately, you want to control what your neighbors can do, how their property looks and every other aspect and still say it's freedom.
    I want to live in a neighborhood with others that want to live the way I do. Control only comes into play when people lie and sign documents that they will live in accordance to the covenants and HOA then fail to live up to their word.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Sure, with a restriction that you can only mine the gold on months with 29 days, must not disturb the wildlife, my neighbors, or the landscaping.

blah blah blah, HOAs are A OK in my book, blah. You should try a different angle. You've used these points already.
    Because they are irrefutable and you have nothing.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    FACT: Landowners have the right to sell any rights they own, individually or as a complete bundle.

FACT: No one has EVER FORCED a buyer to buy land without all rights, but they may choose to do so.

FACT: Many buyers do want an HOA and any laws requiring sunsetting of HOA’s and a revote takes rights away from them.

FACT: Any laws that force landowners to only be able to sell the complete bundle take landowners rights.

FACT: In all these posts the ONLY ones at risk of having rights taken are landowners by those that demand they sell the complete bundle of rights or buyers that want an HOA.

FACT: Demanding developers not create HOA’s is taking their land owner rights.

FACT: Just because developers operating on thin margins to build the most house for the money for homebuyers through economies of scale and they create an HOA’s to protect their investment, likely from many of you in this thread, no one is forced to buy in an HOA. EVER! You may not like your other options but there are options.

FACT: INGO is not the public at large and in no way represents the beliefs of the public.

This belief that sellers must sell the complete bundle of rights is ridiculous and ignores the history of the transfer of rights of property that goes back to the beginning of this country.

blah blah blah, HOAs are A OK in my book, blah. You should try a different angle. You've used these points already.
    And you have failed to post anything but your feelings. Nothing real to refute my facts that you want to take property owners freedom so you can have what you want.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It is your choice. There are car clubs with rules and dues. Get out more.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Funny, though off topic, I just heard two highly educated vaccine promoters discussing their vaccine regrets this weekend.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Or
    If you want to buy you must agree to the seller’s conditions. Why are there few non-HOA neighborhoods? There are ALWAYS other options. I read in INGO there was no difference in HOA and non-HOA neighborhoods, so what is the issue? Production neighborhoods are economies of scale that you get on their terms. If their terms are not acceptable you do not get to enjoy their economies of scale. There are lots you can build on in every area.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom