• Status
    Not open for further replies.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Oh, you still have not answered a simple question: If I showed up on your door with a contract and a check for $250,000 in exchange for the gold mining rights to your place would you sell it to me?

YES or NO?

Why shouldn’t you be able to sell it to me?
    Not for sale, so no.

I could sell them if I want. If I recall I didn't own the mineral rights on the .28 acre lot, here I do. I don't have an issue with things like mineral rights. I have issues with people who have zero problem interfering in other people's lives for their own convenience. It's a gross and embarrassing aspect of some in our culture.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have issues with people who have zero problem interfering in other people's lives for their own convenience. It's a gross and embarrassing aspect of some in our culture.
    Can we just word it accurately!

You “have issues with people who want to have an agreement what is and is not allowed in their neighborhood“. And yet most of the country has zoning laws, why is it surprising that some folks would want their neighborhood to be neater and cleaner looking?

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

You “have issues with people who want to have an agreement what is and is not allowed in their neighborhood“. And yet most of the country has zoning laws, why is it surprising that some folks would want their neighborhood to be neater and cleaner looking?
    Can we just word it accurately, you want to control what your neighbors can do, how their property looks and every other aspect and still say it's freedom.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Everyone has, repeatedly. This entire thread is everyone pointing out that you are wrong and you screeching we are wrong while failing to convince anyone.
    Legally, he's correct. If you disagree with him on morality or the ethics of those laws, then yes.

From what I've gathered from this thread, Mike has figured out how to play in the sandbox, at this stage of his life.

Sounds like most have, but we're all in different stages of life with different wants.

If I had to guess, Dean is younger with a young family (I was when I had the HOA place). As he grows (and as I did), he'll likely want more space, land, and freedom to do as he pleases.

Not surprised that the older, retired guys aren't aligned with millennials or Gen X...

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Can we just word it accurately, you want to control what your neighbors can do, how their property looks and every other aspect and still say it's freedom.
    How is he controlling it, if they all agreed to it?

As with most things, the seller sets the rules and the buyer can agree or go elsewhere.

There was a truck out of state I wanted. They wouldn't take an out of state check. Only in house financing or a wire (from your bank or other lending institution). Since I bought after banking hours (couldn't wire) and didn't want to carry a briefcase of cash with me, I let them finance it and wired money to that bank once they got the loan paperwork processed. I could have easily said no, but chose to agree to the sellers terms.

See how easy that can be?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I think you'll find most Gen X leaning towards the freedom side of things. Early forties to 59 years old at this point.
    Agree 100%. I'm just outside of that age range, but definitely more gen x vs millennial and definitely love my freedom.

The "college educated", younger crowd, is most likely to buy HOA type properties...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    FACT: Landowners have the right to sell any rights they own, individually or as a complete bundle.

FACT: No one has EVER FORCED a buyer to buy land without all rights, but they may choose to do so.

FACT: Many buyers do want an HOA and any laws requiring sunsetting of HOA’s and a revote takes rights away from them.

FACT: Any laws that force landowners to only be able to sell the complete bundle take landowners rights.

FACT: In all these posts the ONLY ones at risk of having rights taken are landowners by those that demand they sell the complete bundle of rights or buyers that want an HOA.

FACT: Demanding developers not create HOA’s is taking their land owner rights.

FACT: Just because developers operating on thin margins to build the most house for the money for homebuyers through economies of scale and they create an HOA’s to protect their investment, likely from many of you in this thread, no one is forced to buy in an HOA. EVER! You may not like your other options but there are options.

FACT: INGO is not the public at large and in no way represents the beliefs of the public.

This belief that sellers must sell the complete bundle of rights is ridiculous and ignores the history of the transfer of rights of property that goes back to the beginning of this country.
    Fact. That's retarded.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It is funny to me that all of our modern lives are a series of compromises. Driving, shopping, dining, literally everything we do we must compromise but it is a violation of human rights if a seller does not want to sell buyers the complete bundle of rights…
    Retarded.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh, you still have not answered a simple question: If I showed up on your door with a contract and a check for $250,000 in exchange for the gold mining rights to your place would you sell it to me?

YES or NO?

Why shouldn’t you be able to sell it to me?
    Sure, with a restriction that you can only mine the gold on months with 29 days, must not disturb the wildlife, my neighbors, or the landscaping.

FACT: Landowners have the right to sell any rights they own, individually or as a complete bundle.

FACT: No one has EVER FORCED a buyer to buy land without all rights, but they may choose to do so.

FACT: Many buyers do want an HOA and any laws requiring sunsetting of HOA’s and a revote takes rights away from them.

FACT: Any laws that force landowners to only be able to sell the complete bundle take landowners rights.

FACT: In all these posts the ONLY ones at risk of having rights taken are landowners by those that demand they sell the complete bundle of rights or buyers that want an HOA.

FACT: Demanding developers not create HOA’s is taking their land owner rights.

FACT: Just because developers operating on thin margins to build the most house for the money for homebuyers through economies of scale and they create an HOA’s to protect their investment, likely from many of you in this thread, no one is forced to buy in an HOA. EVER! You may not like your other options but there are options.

FACT: INGO is not the public at large and in no way represents the beliefs of the public.

This belief that sellers must sell the complete bundle of rights is ridiculous and ignores the history of the transfer of rights of property that goes back to the beginning of this country.
    blah blah blah, HOAs are A OK in my book, blah. You should try a different angle. You've used these points already.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

I did word it accurately. I'm not going to candy coat it so you can feel better about who you are. If you want to lie to yourself and fall for your own word games to forgive yourself that's up to you.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Most definitely it is. I said it recently in front of my SIL. She cried the crocodile tears of feigned virtue.

It is my policy to “like” posts that use the word. Spread the word to save the r-word. So a thumbs up for that.

:thumbsup:
    I just called my younger brother to remind him that he's retarded and his car don't run.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom