• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Is there a realistic choice between HOA or not?
    Yes. No one is forcing anyone to buy in a HOA neighborhood. If you want the new home in a new subdivision, you'll likely have to play by the developers rules (including a HOA). They fronted the capitol to build it, why shouldn't they have the freedom to create a HOA?

If you don't want the newer neighborhood with a HOA and ammenities, you can buy in an older neighborhood (plenty of those out there). Or there are plenty of builders that will build a similar builder spec home on your lot - TK Homes is one of them. Buy the land and have them build you a home. No HOA and you create your own amenities (or use the cities).

But you'll likely lose the cost savings of a mass produced, streamlined build out typically found in a new subdivision. I remember years ago when I was buying my first house I looked at a CP Morgan subdivision (so glad I didn't go that route). IIRC, they had a 28 or 35 day schedule to build a house. The different trades would rotate around to different homes in the subdivision depending on which one was up next - talk about a pretty big cost savings they could pass along...
    Should land owners be able to apply restrictions to a piece of real estate forever?
    There are ways to remove deed restrictions - see what Mike said above.

I don't haven't come across any crazy deed restrictions on any property I've bought (or even looked at), city or rural. Biggest thing I saw was easements...

I'm sure there are some deed restrictions crazy ones out there, but my guess it is the exception to the rule.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Exactlly what freedom am I proposing to take? None? The only ones taking freedom canmot seem to get that requiring a landowner to sell ALL property rights or none is taking freedom from the landowner. No one of forced to buy ANYTHING…
    Already asked and answered, several times. You are mad because several on here have pointed it out, not just me.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So explain again how not being able to do your own thing is actually freedom
    It is called comprising to get what you want. But most on INGO would take the right of some landowners to sell the way they want and some buyers to buy the way they want for rights they say a buyer must get. Is that freedom to sell and buy?

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    You are one of those taking rights away and pretending it is freedom…
    I know you are but what am I?
    Are you 5?
    Already went over this, and you were and still are wrong. Saying that we are taking rights away by not giving our rights away, over and over isn't going to make it correct troll. So, thanks again Troll and stay mad that everyone else isn't as "enlightened" as you and us peasants need to be put in place.
    Next.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You are the worst offender of taking rights of landowners and buyers by dictating how they must sell.
    Yes, and you are perfectly righteous in your desire to control what color other people paint their house and if they can park the vehicle they earn a living with at their own home.

Aside from paying for amenities, all other HOA covenants are pathetic and desired by only the most pretentious among us. Your superiority complex will serve you very well in years to come. I pray you're never triggered by the sound of a wrench being dropped in a driveway or, GOD forbid the sound of an air compressor running.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It is called comprising to get what you want. But most on INGO would take the right of some landowners to sell the way they want and some buyers to buy the way they want for rights they say a buyer must get. Is that freedom to sell and buy?
    What yer selling here. Is retarded.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You are one of those taking rights away and pretending it is freedom…
    We’re at an impasse. You’re not going to convince what looks to me like a majority of posters, to think your way is not retarded. And we’re not going to convince you that it is. So you can keep arguing the same points over and over, and we can keep saying it’s retarded if you want. I’m just saying what it is at this point.

So, should I start #28 for you? Here goes: “Yer takin’ away muh right to take away yer rights!” :runaway:

INGO: :coffee: “that’s retarded.”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    FACT: Landowners have the right to sell any rights they own, individually or as a complete bundle.

FACT: No one has EVER FORCED a buyer to buy land without all rights, but they may choose to do so.

FACT: Many buyers do want an HOA and any laws requiring sunsetting of HOA’s and a revote takes rights away from them.

FACT: Any laws that force landowners to only be able to sell the complete bundle take landowners rights.

FACT: In all these posts the ONLY ones at risk of having rights taken are landowners by those that demand they sell the complete bundle of rights or buyers that want an HOA.

FACT: Demanding developers not create HOA’s is taking their land owner rights.

FACT: Just because developers operating on thin margins to build the most house for the money for homebuyers through economies of scale and they create an HOA’s to protect their investment, likely from many of you in this thread, no one is forced to buy in an HOA. EVER! You may not like your other options but there are options.

FACT: INGO is not the public at large and in no way represents the beliefs of the public.

This belief that sellers must sell the complete bundle of rights is ridiculous and ignores the history of the transfer of rights of property that goes back to the beginning of this country.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yes, and you are perfectly righteous in your desire to control what color other people paint their house and if they can park the vehicle they earn a living with at their own home.
    Been there got the T-shirt. A guy was a route runner for Frito-Lay, had a van that looked like a billboard, nobody liked it but no one said anything, then a big panel truck, a few grumbled but nothing was done, then the panel truck has a big trailer, yep, he burned all the good will and kept pushing the limits, now the van would not be allowed. Maybe you cannot understand this but many folks do not want billboard commercial trucks in their neighborhood.

In a nearby neighborhood with no covenants there is a house that has a huge permanent oil stain in front on the street, why? The guy services construction equipment and parks his F450 there every night and it leaks oil all over. Maybe you don’t think that hurts the neighbors property values but it does, both the truck and the big oil stain.

Aside from paying for amenities, all other HOA covenants are pathetic and desired by only the most pretentious among us. Your superiority complex will serve you very well in years to come. I pray you're never triggered by the sound of a wrench being dropped in a driveway or, GOD forbid the sound of an air compressor running.
    I somehow think the answer might be different if it was 9PM and a guy was running that compressor and impact twenty feet from your house while you and your family were trying to sleep.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Oh, you still have not answered a simple question: If I showed up on your door with a contract and a check for $250,000 in exchange for the gold mining rights to your place would you sell it to me?

YES or NO?

Why shouldn’t you be able to sell it to me?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I know you are but what am I?
    Are you 5?
    Already went over this, and you were and still are wrong. Saying that we are taking rights away by not giving our rights away, over and over isn't going to make it correct troll. So, thanks again Troll and stay mad that everyone else isn't as "enlightened" as you and us peasants need to be put in place.
    Next.
    Check the fact list and tell me what I have wrong…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom