Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Nope, he doesn't want stories cited, he hates reading or watching anything we post against HOAs
    I was correct, of course he moved the goal posts just like he's done every time.

Last edited:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    As ignorant as the college students you cite. What you propose requires the taking of landowners freedom. So I’m warning the people that you have communist tendencies…
    If you cannot understand what I said you lack the ability to discuss the topic. You guys bloviate about freedom while lamenting that it takes over 80% to change an HOA agreement.
    Freedom isn't forcing someone to make the choice. That's like the Freedom we had during covid? Take the shot or else. So, that's freedom according to you?
    And yes, we talk about freedom because am 80% vote isn't freedom. You bloviate about an HOA being freedom while everyone else has poked holes in that silly theory.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    A lot of problems that arise with HOAs involve things that should be ignored, but aren't. This is why it is important to have folks on the board who aren't clinically insane.

Many home-based businesses are banned in our neighborhood. One specifically is operating a daycare. So Grandma can watch all seven of the grand kids, but Suzie can't because she charges money? That's dumb, and Hell will freeze over before anything like trying to enforce this happens.

Signs. Well according to the covenants if you have a kid in Avon Marching Black and Gold (or any other activity that leads to a sign in the flowerbed) AND a sign from your alarm monitoring company? You can't do that. That's just silly and will never be enforced.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A lot of problems that arise with HOAs involve things that should be ignored, but aren't. This is why it is important to have folks on the board who aren't clinically insane.

Many home-based businesses are banned in our neighborhood. One specifically is operating a daycare. So Grandma can watch all seven of the grand kids, but Suzie can't because she charges money? That's dumb, and Hell will freeze over before anything like trying to enforce this happens.

Signs. Well according to the covenants if you have a kid in Avon Marching Black and Gold (or any other activity that leads to a sign in the flowerbed) AND a sign from your alarm monitoring company? You can't do that. That's just silly and will never be enforced.
    Why do you hate property owner's freedom!?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It truly is, it's not looking good that Mike's gonna answer what that small lot size should be. LOL
    I think a better case can be made that his way is more communist. Contrast a neighborhood where each homeowner has individual property rights, vs Mike's idea of "property rights" where his ideal neighborhood is much closer to a commune than the other.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Nope, just pointing out that you were incorrect.
    The courts do not hear cases they don’t want and there is no requirement they do so, there are numerous ways a court can send a plaintiff packing if the case lacks merit for a trial. The case cited went to trial and the HOA won.

Not quite, he didn't specify exactly. Here is what he posted.
    I’m sure the car with the California plates was the owner inspecting the property. :lmfao: :lmfao:

Never said it did, once again simply correcting your error.:)
    The constitution requires the consent of the governed as does the HOA. If one cannot see that I cannot help them.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Communist tendencies.

:rofl:

This conversation just keeps getting more absurd. Yeah. Let's just keep exploring how absurd it can get.
    That horse left the barn pages and pages ago, I was called a commie because I believe the landowners have the right to sell property as they want while retaining what rights they want because not allowing the buyer to buy all land rights was commie…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    *yawn*

Yes it does when those land owners are multi million dollar corporations that will abandon all connection to the property after they're done with it.

What else you got?
    So if it suits you, you would take their rights away just because you don’t like what they do? Glad you can confirm the truth, so many here cannot.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

No ones talked about most citys/towns and communities that home based businesses are banned. All urban towns, city's and counties have laws " HOA's" with many things that can easily be as stringent as the toughest hoa.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Freedom isn't forcing someone to make the choice. That's like the Freedom we had during covid? Take the shot or else. So, that's freedom according to you?
    And yes, we talk about freedom because am 80% vote isn't freedom. You bloviate about an HOA being freedom while everyone else has poked holes in that silly theory.
    Yes or no, you agree that a law should be enacted that ALL land owners must sell ALL rights to property, no deed restrictions, no selling of individual rights, no covenants.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So the EV mandates are freedom. If you want a new car, it has to be an EV. If you don't want an EV, you can buy an older ICE car. Freedom!

Who knew? :dunno:
    If one cannot understand the difference between government and private contracts I cannot help them. Disappointed you even thought of this, you are better than that…

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The answer was given. Read…
    Lol. Well I'm heading down to a friend's home in St Mary's co, MD in the next few days. He lives in a hoa community called Hearts Desire in Mechanicsville, Md.
    Like many community's it was a farm that was subdivided.
    Those lots go from about 5 to 40 acres.
    Lots of community's across America don't have little lots.
    You need to get out more often.

I've been sitting here talking to my mother about this thread and the hoa's we all have lived in over our lives.
    Now she sold waterfront real-estate in Anne Arundel Co Md for 40 years, and some of your statements got a big laugh out of her @Ingomike

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    100%

Our neighborhood dealt with this by determining if it needed a license it was not allowed.

Mine allows signs that are legal and no one has said anything about the school activity signs.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Yes or no, you agree that a law should be enacted that ALL land owners must sell ALL rights to property, no deed restrictions, no selling of individual rights, no covenants.
    Where did I say anything about this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom