Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I must not watch the right channels. I rarely see HOA type stories in the news. It's a good thing you're not forced to live in a HOA. Here's hoping your neighbor never puts a derelict trailer with a couple of junk cars on the small lot next to you...

I'll say again for those in the back, my experience was good (as are the vast majority of folks).

Now that I no longer live in a HOA (and likely never will again) I could care less.

But HOAs sure are quite the chip on your shoulder, especially if you've never experienced one first hand...
    It's been on all of the channels. Another literally posted a video about an HOA vs a Medal of Honor recipient. But apparently someone refused to watch that or any of the articles posted. Those all didn't count for any number of BS reasons, just like personal accounts on here weren't counted on here unless it was yours or Ingomike. So, go ahead and just stop.
    Apparently the vast majority wasn't positive according to statistics. This was proven over and over. Even you don't want to move back in one.
    Your last point. I've never been SA'ed or worse, but I know from victims that it's not something I ever want to have happen. According to your own comment though, you can't have an opinion on it.

That's why everyone hates HOA but apparently real world isn't good enough for this supposed discussion.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We've established that and the reasoning behind it. If you have the capital, create a new subdivision without HOAs. I've had zero issues finding a place without a HOA as have others.
    These are some pretty ridiculous arguments.

It's yer fault that there aren't more homes not in HOA's, because you're not developing them.

Because I've had zero issues finding a place without a HOA, the problem doesn't exist.

Sure, do as you wish. I'm speaking in real terms, not what I'd like to see. Sometimes you need to buckle up your bootstraps and do things you're not a major fan of, to get to the other side...
    I really don't know why I have to mention the title of this thread again. Why do so many on INGO hate HOA's? We've told you why. And, why we hate HOA's are an opinion. It's ought vs is. You guys keep trying to counter argue is. We know what the **** IS. That's not a counter argument to should.

So. Why SHOULD I not hate HOA's?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    It's been on all of the channels. Another literally posted a video about an HOA vs a Medal of Honor recipient. But apparently someone refused to watch that or any of the articles posted. Those all didn't count for any number of BS reasons, just like personal accounts on here weren't counted on here unless it was yours or Ingomike. So, go ahead and just stop.
    Apparently the vast majority wasn't positive according to statistics. This was proven over and over. Even you don't want to move back in one.
    Your last point. I've never been SA'ed or worse, but I know from victims that it's not something I ever want to have happen. According to your own comment though, you can't have an opinion on it.

That's why everyone hates HOA but apparently real world isn't good enough for this supposed discussion.
    I am living in the real world with first hand experience. You've admitted yourself, you've never lived in a HOA. If you're seeing all these stories on the MSM, that's your problem. Turn off the MSM and explore the world - it's a beautiful place (and you'll form your own opinions). The exception isn't the rule...

You're entitled to your opinion, so hate away. But IMO you're excluding some great neighborhoods by doing so...
    Now I see the choice people have. Buy in an HOA neighborhood or **** 15 million dollars and start your own subdivision. Such a simple choice I cannot imagine why it hadn't occurred to me.
    BS! Existing neighborhoods don't have HOAs. This point had been made over and over and over again.

How many 0.17ac lots could you fit on your current property? You likely didn't pay $15 million for it, so subdivide away!

Life is about choices. The current market in central Indiana (for the most part) is newer homes have HOAs, older homes don't, or go rural and do whatever the F you want too.

I wanted to buy a new '23 Ram with a Hemi (no eTorque). That wasn't an option. So I bought a clean used one.

See how easy that is? Be flexible to what the market has to offer.
    These are some pretty ridiculous arguments.

It's yer fault that there aren't more homes not in HOA's, because you're not developing them.

Because I've had zero issues finding a place without a HOA, the problem doesn't exist.
    Never said it didn't exist. I said I've easily found homes without HOAs and by looking online, can easily find them still available.

If you don't like the market, do something about it!
    I really don't know why I have to mention the title of this thread again. Why do so many on INGO hate HOA's? We've told you why. And, why we hate HOA's are an opinion. It's ought vs is. You guys keep trying to counter argue is. We know what the **** IS. That's not a counter argument to should.
    Should vs IS. There shouldn't be laws against carrying on school property but there are (IS). Try doing what you should be allowed and see what happens.

The facts have been stated.
    So. Why SHOULD I not hate HOA's?
    Mike, Dean, and I have gave valid reasons. Feel free to continue to hate HOAs and feel victimized by them...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Should vs IS. There shouldn't be laws against carrying on school property but there are (IS). Try doing what you should be allowed and see what happens.

The facts have been stated.
    That's not an argument that's relevant to this thread. What's relevant to this thread is that many people have expressed the opinions asked for by the thread's title.

Mike, Dean, and I have gave valid reasons.

I've not had a problem with why you guys say you like HOA's, or even that you like them. Everyone's entitled to their opinions. It's when you try to pretend that your opinions are facts, and dismiss people's rationale with facile arguments, that is at issue.

Feel free to continue to hate HOAs and feel victimized by them...

That's a petty passive aggressive way to dismiss other people's opinions without actually addressing what people are saying. Obviously that's not very convincing. :):

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    That's not an argument that's relevant to this thread. What's relevant to this thread is that many people have expressed the opinions asked for by the thread's title.
    This is INGO. It's all relevant. I gave a Should vs Is example.
    I've not had a problem with why you guys say you like HOA's, or even that you like them. Everyone's entitled to their opinions. It's when you try to pretend that your opinions are facts, and dismiss people's rationale with facile arguments, that is at issue.
    Would you like to search realtor.com to show there are houses on the market without HOAs or should I?
    That's a petty passive aggressive way to dismiss other people's opinions without actually addressing what people are saying. Obviously that's not very convincing. :):
    I'm not on a HOA board, how would you like me to address your hurt feelings? I've addressed them, don't buy in a HOA neighborhood. Need vs Wants are two very different things.

Tell me where the HOA hurt you?
    0_PzAiCqtV6436NSBY.jpg

I get it. You guys hate HOAs. To me, that would mean I'd avoid them like the plague... yet some of the haters lived in them. It seems their hatred wasn't enough to stop them from buying that house (and yes, I know you had no other option)...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is INGO. It's all relevant. I gave a Should vs Is example.
    That has nothing to do with the point I made. Which was that you guys say some stuff that IS and then claim it's a counter to SHOULD. That's disingenuous. Which is another way of saying, liar.

Would you like to search realtor.com to show there are houses on the market without HOAs or should I?
    That's not even a good bait and switch. Almost all newer homes in subdivisions have HOA's. If your circumstances require that it's just too bad. But since it's the way you want things to be, you can just stand pat on that without addressing it.

I'm not on a HOA board, how would you like me to address your hurt feelings? I've addressed them, don't buy in a HOA neighborhood. Need vs Wants are two very different things.

Tell me where the HOA hurt you?
    View attachment 368228
    Now that's retarded. Nobody is talking about hurt feelings but you. When we're talking about how things should be, which means, we're talking about principles. Not hurt feelings. And you know it. So stop being dishonest about that and either enagage in good faith. Or I guess we can start hurling meme's at each other.

I get it. You guys hate HOAs. To me, that would mean I'd avoid them like the plague... yet some of the haters lived in them. It seems their hatred wasn't enough to stop them from buying that house (and yes, I know you had no other option)...

FC be like, "ooh, yeah baby, talk that HOA dirty talk. Be my Karen. Tell me my grass is 1/8" too high. That's right. Spank me with your ruler."

Sorry to intterupt your fantacy. It's satire. It's not real. But be honest. That vid did it for you, eh? :):

I mean if that's your kink, the internet is full of that stuff. I can hook you up with more karen vids. Ohh. I know of a good one where an HOA karen yells at a lawn service for touching her side of the property line. If it helps, that one's real.

See, that's on par with your shtick. Is that what this conversation SHOULD become?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    That has nothing to do with the point I made. Which was that you guys say some stuff that IS and then claim it's a counter to SHOULD. That's disingenuous. Which is another way of saying, liar.

That's not even a good bait and switch. Almost all newer homes in subdivisions have HOA's. If your circumstances require that it's just too bad. But since it's the way you want things to be, you can just stand pat on that without addressing it.

Now that's retarded. Nobody is talking about hurt feelings but you. When we're talking about how things should be, which means, we're talking about principles. Not hurt feelings. And you know it. So stop being dishonest about that and either enagage in good faith. Or I guess we can start hurling meme's at each other.

FC be like, "ooh, yeah baby, talk that HOA dirty talk. Be my Karen. Tell me my grass is 1/8" too high. That's right. Spank me with your ruler."

Sorry to intterupt your fantacy. It's satire. It's not real. But be honest. That vid did it for you, eh? :):

I mean if that's your kink, the internet is full of that stuff. I can hook you up with more karen vids. Ohh. I know of a good one where an HOA karen yells at a lawn service for touching her side of the property line. If it helps, that one's real.

See, that's on par with your shtick. Is that what this conversation SHOULD become?

Was it satire? It's hard to tell anymore.

I'll get on and watch some videos that I'm like "Man, how the hell do they keep a straight face when recording this ****?" only to find out that it was real. Everything has gone so bananas it is hard to tell the real from fake anymore.

Disclaimer: This post does not reflect my views or opinions towards HOA's. Please direct all hate mail to your local government. By reading this message, you agree NOT to include me in your arguments as an example either for or against said argument. This notice will serve as a legal binding contract, and if required I will seek the assistance of Houghmade in suing your ass.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Was it satire? It's hard to tell anymore.

I'll get on and watch some videos that I'm like "Man, how the hell do they keep a straight face when recording this ****?" only to find out that it was real. Everything has gone so bananas it is hard to tell the real from fake anymore.

Disclaimer: This post does not reflect my views or opinions towards HOA's. Please direct all hate mail to your local government. By reading this message, you agree NOT to include me in your arguments as an example either for or against said argument.
    Just based on this post alone, its obvious you are a HOAPhile.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    ... all conversations are being recorded for legal and training purposes and may be used as such
    Sound exactly like a next door Karen or HOA board member. I don't usually offer advice but perhaps remaining silent is the only way to avoid the further sullying of your otherwise stellar reputation.

Except for the bacon thing.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

Who's circumstances require a nearly new home? Most neighborhoods with HOAs are surrounded by neighborhoods without them (or cornfields).

If you require a nearly new home, it's bend to the HOA or build on your land (I've discussed life is about choices and compromise).

Except that's not me. I changed my oil, winterized my boat, kept my house maintained, got approval for the fence and flag pole.

Sounds like you just picked a sh%%%= HOA to live in...

The only letters I got were from when the management company had someone drive through (and they obviously weren't a boater)...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No, Mike. You can't control stuff when you no longer own it.

Funny how many of those that are for freedom are ironically for taking rights away from some...
    They want to REQUIRE a landowner to sell the complete bundle of rights for their own selfish reasons. They clearly do not care about the actual landowners rights, the one that actually owns the property but they want to give rights to someone that has no ownership of the property…

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I had zero issues finding a home or even a vacation home. I know people looking for a non HOA home now and they are finding a bunch on the market (not in Marion county, but thankfully they've wise up and are moving out).

I'll call BS on your statement. Those in the "Younger Generation" who want to live in the HOAs likely are college educated, making 6 figures with a couple of kids. They're far from dumb or the "tide pod kids" you see in the news. If someone is spending their hard earned cash on a nice home on a quarter acre lot, why are you against them agreeing with their neighbors not to park RVs there? No one is forcing them to live there!

You keep mentioning them giving away stuff. What are they giving away? I'll assume you mean property rights, but you can't give away what you never had. If someone wants those rights bad enough - negotiate for them!

It's becoming pretty clear the HOA neighborhoods we've been discussing are on different ends of the spectrum (hell, my HOA experience was VASTLY differently than yours)...

I must not watch the right channels. I rarely see HOA type stories in the news. It's a good thing you're not forced to live in a HOA. Here's hoping your neighbor never puts a derelict trailer with a couple of junk cars on the small lot next to you...

I'll say again for those in the back, my experience was good (as are the vast majority of folks).

Now that I no longer live in a HOA (and likely never will again) I could care less.

But HOAs sure are quite the chip on your shoulder, especially if you've never experienced one first hand...
    I’ve worked in million dollar homes where the owners were as dumb as rocks. They had no ability to understand how things work. They had no common sense to make simple decisions with. Being educated doesn’t translate into being smart. These people would last 5 minutes or less in a large scale disaster situation.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I’ve worked in million dollar homes where the owners were as dumb as rocks. They had no ability to understand how things work. They had no common sense to make simple decisions with. Being educated doesn’t translate into being smart. These people would last 5 minutes or less in a large scale disaster situation.
    Is it any wonder why they'd want to live in a HOA??

You're proving my point as that's the demographic wanting the HOA neighborhood, so thank you!

Dumb as many of them may be, they're smart enough to be able to afford a million dollar house...

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No, they are not dumb, many of them know lots of things you and I can’t even fathom, much less explain. That is how a society works, it is good they need us as much as we need them in our respective areas of expertise. I have friends and acquaintances that have no idea how to start a chainsaw but can do multi million dollar deals for companies or run a nuclear power plant. Obviously there are some rich idiots out there but not many.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom