• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If most had problems, you'd see them getting dissolved all the time. I haven't seen that. So the majority must be OK with it or their HOAs aren't as bad as many make them out to be.
    Bingo! Why is it that most examples, in media, posted here, the people complaining to call 6 actually admit they broke the rules but are complaining because they are special and shouldn’t have to follow the covenants they agreed to.

It is very funny those brave skilled negotiators that say “just talk to your neighbors and work it out“ are just puddles of jelly when they must deal with the feared “Karen’s“ on the HOA…

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Umm. I come to INGO all the time to read wild ass opinions of people who have no idea what they are talking about. I even do my fair share to contribute to the milieu.

This place would be no fun otherwise.
    I never said it's not fun, but come on man. Live a lil and experience a HOA first hand!

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bingo! Why is it that most examples, in media, posted here, the people complaining to call 6 actually admit they broke the rules but are complaining because they are special and shouldn’t have to follow the covenants they agreed to.

It is very funny those brave skilled negotiators that say “just talk to your neighbors and work it out“ are just puddles of jelly when they must deal with the feared “Karen’s“ on the HOA…
    Did they miss what happened in Indy when someone went and asked their neighbor to turn it down?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The idea that you can spend $250,000+ (average is now $400,000) to purchase a home for yourself and family to live in but some people want to make it so you cannot have agreements with the neighbors to not park RV’s or restore cars in the drive is beyond ridiculous and will remain so forever.

How did you come up with the idea that future owners have more rights than the current actual owner?
    I didn't, that's your imagination, inability to comprehend what you read or something else.

The current owner should possess all rights to the property. That's the point of ownership. Anything else is a rental.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If most had problems, you'd see them getting dissolved all the time. I haven't seen that. So the majority must be OK with it or their HOAs aren't as bad as many make them out to be.
    I'd say it's a fair bet to assume most Americans aren't terribly happy with their federal government. I'd say if we were a well informed populace the percentage would head somewhere north of 95%. Why don't we see these issues being resolved? Oh yeah, because it's the government deciding what is right and the government serves itself and power/control first and foremost. Once it's established and written, good luck getting it remedied unless it benefits the government.

I'm sure this will bring you right back around to your "smart people just learn to work within the system, you should have done more research, I'm smarter, blah, blah, blah" so it's a wasted effort but I like to point out why BS arguments are BS.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Bingo! Why is it that most examples, in media, posted here, the people complaining to call 6 actually admit they broke the rules but are complaining because they are special and shouldn’t have to follow the covenants they agreed to. the rules are ****ing stupid and people prefer to live their lives without someone's nose up their ass.

Pull the force of government out from behind Karen and things change a bit, eh? That's why it's there, backed up by a legal contract, so the Karen's have a teacher to run and cry to when someone correctly tells them to **** off and mind their own business.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Pull the force of government out from behind Karen and things change a bit, eh? That's why it's there, backed up by a legal contract, so the Karen's have a teacher to run and cry to when someone correctly tells them to **** off and mind their own business.
    Why should they mind their own business if you will not? You want to dictate how a landowner can sell their land because in your mind you have imagined that freedom is owning the complete bundle of land rights, instead of the freedom to sell the rights the landowners wishes to and retain others and you want to take that right with the force of government…

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Please explain how a private agreement is taking rights? If I own my land shouldnt I have the right to sell it as I wish? Isn’t that my freedom? Isn’t anyone that wants to stop that taking rights?
    I am referring to your fear of me selling to China

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Why should they mind their own business if you will not? You want to dictate how a landowner can sell their land because in your mind you have imagined that freedom is owning the complete bundle of land rights, instead of the freedom to sell the rights the landowners wishes to and retain others and you want to take that right with the force of government…
    Lol

Keep digging in with your imaginary rights to property that continue on after you've sold it.

I'm selling my truck but not the rights to change the brake pads!!!!!! That is my right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're living in a clown world and being berated for calling it a sideshow.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Lol

Keep digging in with your imaginary rights to property that continue on after you've sold it.

I'm selling my truck but not the rights to change the brake pads!!!!!! That is my right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're living in a clown world and being berated for calling it a sideshow.
    So the way it is in real life today, in just in my imagination? If that was true you wouldn’t need to make changes to achieve your utopian plan…

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    If you're willing to bet on the assumptions you make you're going to be very broke, very quickly. I'd suggest another hobby.
    WOW. So you wanted the HOA place yet you bash HOAs? That's what I took from that statement.
    I'd say it's a fair bet to assume most Americans aren't terribly happy with their federal government. I'd say if we were a well informed populace the percentage would head somewhere north of 95%. Why don't we see these issues being resolved? Oh yeah, because it's the government deciding what is right and the government serves itself and power/control first and foremost. Once it's established and written, good luck getting it remedied unless it benefits the government.

I'm sure this will bring you right back around to your "smart people just learn to work within the system, you should have done more research, I'm smarter, blah, blah, blah" so it's a wasted effort but I like to point out why BS arguments are BS.
    Not a valid comparison. You can't easily disband the feds like you can a HOA.
    Don't sign the contract.
    Lots of ****ed up things are ****ed up today. HOAs aren't top of the list but they're definitely on it.
    If you don't live in a HOA, why's it on your list?!

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I am not a HOA person by any means. That is me.

To each their own. I think a HOA is like living with your parents. Some can get along with them and some cannot. If you can't do their rules, keep on trucking....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom