• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    You obviously do not read enough of my post, there are 3 fine officers here at least that I would trust and have never met them in person, Frank, Denny and Phylo, there are a view others as well these are just the 1st 3 I think of when I think of good cops

Frank is kinda mean but we have worked passed that.

Here you go Brandon

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Resort to all the name calling that you want, it doesn't change the fact that you say all officers are bad, except for the three or four that I know. That's an interested philosophy??

Here you go Brandon

Your first post I quoted here is you quoting and speaking to me. Now you quote a Bunnykid post as if I said it.

310ceab19a4de9b90c78ea9b76997c24.jpg

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I heard from a guy that was related to somebody that knew a cop that when they seize something from you but do not make an arrest, you know, like some beer if your underage or a little bit of weed or something, that they are allowed to take it home and use it themselves or sell for profit.
    That being known, next time they try to pull this on you, make sure they document the seizure by arresting and charging you with the offense.
    We cannot let them get away with this any longer. Lets do our part to keep them honest.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I can buy my own personal off duty cop who retains full police powers. Why can't I buy my own judge, planning commission, legislator, etc? .

There is nothing I'm aware of that says you can't hire a judge "off duty". He could look over papers and do other lawyer-ish stuff for you should you find one willing to be hired. People hire legislators all the time. Its called speaking engagements. Of course they also hire them as lobbyists when they are between elected positions.

On a side note, you aren't "buying" a cop. You don't get to order him on what to do like your analogy with buying your own badge and arrest powers. One of the few part time jobs I worked was for IPL. You can tell me to watch this substation or to park there, you can't tell me to arrest someone or to let someone go. I still make all enforcement decisions. If you (as an employer) violate the ethics code and expect that, you will quickly find yourself on the list of prohibited employers. At least on my department you need an off duty work permit to work for ANY business, regardless of if you use police powers or not. If I want to seal driveways on the weekends, I have to have it approved through my department.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    There is nothing I'm aware of that says you can't hire a judge "off duty". He could look over papers and do other lawyer-ish stuff for you should you find one willing to be hired. People hire legislators all the time. Its called speaking engagements. Of course they also hire them as lobbyists when they are between elected positions.

On a side note, you aren't "buying" a cop. You don't get to order him on what to do like your analogy with buying your own badge and arrest powers. One of the few part time jobs I worked was for IPL. You can tell me to watch this substation or to park there, you can't tell me to arrest someone or to let someone go. I still make all enforcement decisions. If you (as an employer) violate the ethics code and expect that, you will quickly find yourself on the list of prohibited employers. At least on my department you need an off duty work permit to work for ANY business, regardless of if you use police powers or not. If I want to seal driveways on the weekends, I have to have it approved through my department.

I as a bar owner can hire you to sit in your patrol car in my competitions parking lot, correct?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Many private businesses don't allow their employees to accept gifts from outside sources.

Few take it so far as to say you can't take a cup of coffee from an outside source. I worked the civilian sector for a little while after the Army. I held one position where I evaluated software and hardware for possible use within our organization. I could accept any "promo" up to $5 with no report. A cup of coffee, a "stress toy" for the desk, etc. Up to $25 I could accept but had to report (a dinner that the company paid for, etc.). Up to $49 I needed permission from my company to accept. $50 and over was unacceptable regardless of circumstances.

I offer a cup of coffee or soda to any serviceman who comes to my house. Comcast, the plumber, whatever. I doubt their employers make it so they can't accept that unless I ask for free cable or a free faucet in return.

Top Bottom