• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    When the TV news or a newspaper reports a story they very often have posts from the persons facebook. Everyone knows to go to facebook to get useful information about people. We all use it as our own little spy tool at times.

some say "I don't post anything private".

Ever post anything like - "We are in the smokies having a great time"? Well, don't be surprised if your house gets broken into while your having a great time. My neighbors broke into our house when I was a kid.

My brother broke into our other neighbors house when he was little. Note to the neighbors - never make a habit of giving a little fat 5 y.o. fudge sicles and then leave on vacation. That little fatty now has a habit and he will throw a brick through your window to get the fudge:D

Which one of your friends is gonna come break into your house? I wouldnt add anyone as my friend that was gonna come rob me. I'm not one of those people that just add anyone, my friends are actually my real friends, and no one can see my profile that I havent added, I know that for a fact. So once again, use your head and youll be fine. I'm not flaming you, thats a very good point, but the problem there is people inviting everyone under the sun to look at their profile, not FB.

five5toad

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Greater Indy Metro
    Don't blame FB. Anybody who needs or wants any information on anybody can get it anytime...w/o the assistance of FB. Unless you decide to renounce all worldly possessions and migrate to remote sections of the Yukon Territory, your info, ALL of your info, is readily available. Your best bet to achieve a 'comfortable' existence in this life is the use of moderate cynicism regarding all things internet, but enjoy it while it is readily available.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Which one of your friends is gonna come break into your house? I wouldnt add anyone as my friend that was gonna come rob me. I'm not one of those people that just add anyone, my friends are actually my real friends, and no one can see my profile that I havent added, I know that for a fact. So once again, use your head and youll be fine. I'm not flaming you, thats a very good point, but the problem there is people inviting everyone under the sun to look at their profile, not FB.

That the thing about many Facebook users - They just want to compile a huge list of "friends" so it can look like they are winning the polularity contest that Facebook is.

If you think that it is unheard of that an aquantance or "Friend" or son of a friend would break into your house then okay - but it happens.

I have a Facebook account myself but I use it about as often as I use a shovel.:)

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    What not to post.

536478_348809635185499_341869775879485_977590_1773190858_n.jpg

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    That the thing about many Facebook users - They just want to compile a huge list of "friends" so it can look like they are winning the polularity contest that Facebook is.

If you think that it is unheard of that an aquantance or "Friend" or son of a friend would break into your house then okay - but it happens.

I have a Facebook account myself but I use it about as often as I use a shovel.:)

I'm 23, so the son of a friend thing doesn't really apply quite yet, but the people that know where I live arent breaking in. I dont have a twitter because I dont get it?:dunno: And like I said before I primarily use facebook for sharing music, and I dont think you can do that on twitter. :dunno:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

1: Don't put your address on Facebook

2: Have your Privacy Settings set so only Friends can see your Profile.

Top Bottom