Why Are So Many Still Against Hemp / Marijuana ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That's an easy distraction. Not too many Dr. Hook fans around these days...

I never heard of them before this. Doubt I'd listen to that particular song on the radio, but I could watch the music video a few more times. For research. Or something.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Pay attention.
    So, who's gonna regulate it again?
    I never asked you for any sources, so I don't know what you are talking about (unless you are confusing me with other posters on this thread). I also provided a pretty thorough listing of poll data from the last 3 months showing that public opinion is shifting to have a slight majority in favor legalization and more substantial majority in favor of decriminalization
    This was not directed at you. I already stated waaay back that I don't think jail time for a dimebag is reasonable. I'm all for writing tickets for small amounts. Much like a speeding ticket.
    If anything which affects insurance rates can be made illegal, then so can alcohol, fast food, cigarettes, candy, soft drinks, and all sorts of other personal freedoms. You've laid the foundation for all forms of control of every aspect of our lives.

Let's face it, there is no clearer case of nannying and social engineering than the prohibition you advocate.
    Trust me, I have laid nothing that controls your life. Your island must be paradise. Are you the only one on it? If not, I hope there isn't a conch shell on the beach.

Did your nanny ever tell you to do some choirs? Man, to be a fly on that wall.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Trust me, I have laid nothing that controls your life.

All this big, intrusive government is not free. You are dipping into my paychecks, at the very least, while sending others to prison and breaking up their families.

Did your nanny ever tell you to do some choirs? Man, to be a fly on that wall.

It is OK for a nanny to act like a nanny to little children. It is not OK for the government to act like a nanny to free citizens.

BigShow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    I have never as much as took a hit off of MJ, and do not approve of doing any types of recreational drugs. I hardly will even drink alcohol. But we live in a country that is supposed to be the land of the free. So drink your alcohol, smoke your MJ all you want. But leave your personnel property and do harm to others, rather it be driving, at work, or walking down the street while high/drunk you face the death penalty. Also a stiff penalty if you destroy others property. What you do on you're own time and property is between you and well you know. Less laws, steeper penalty's. Also employers can refuse to hire you or fire you at will if the have a drug policy and you fail it.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    You said it was a small minority. Since a minority is anything less than 50%, adding 'small' as a qualifier suggests that it is far less than 50%. 47% would be better qualified as a large minority.

Why don't you just admit that you made an uninformed statement and move on? We've all done it.

The reasoning is identical. So yes, it can be expanded to anything. A government large enough to govern what you ingest is large enough to govern your firearm collection.

They already have to some degree. Class III weapons registrations & tax, the assault weapons ban, whatever is next to come down the pike...

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, I wonder if some of these "fearless" drug warriors realized that there are some quite industrious and successful people that commonly use MJ. I've known a few.

Honestly, I don't. But that really isn't the point. It shouldn't be about making everyone rise to their potential or we will fine/imprison them for the choices they make. It's like dealing with a bunch of communists... they own your ass, you are here for the good of the motherland. :rolleyes:

I know one guy that is semi-successful in the IT field that just got arrested (3rd offense, so it's a felony) for possession, and a doctor that never grew out of his adolescent stage. Other then that everyone I grew up with that still lives that lifestyle has been coasting through life. Is that the cause of their plight or a symptom of it? Hell, I don't know. I don't care. The vast majority of people that use marijuana get up every morning and go to work doing jobs I personally wouldn't want to do. I'm sure there are examples outside of that statement... doctors, lawyers, rockstars.... But by and large most occupations worth having these days conduct random screenings, mine sure as hell does.. and I wouldn't even call it random so much as mandatory w/regularity. Seriously, even factory labor jobs require drug testing. The vast majority of people that use drugs are doing things like flipping burgers or the most general labor nobody else wants to do. The question is, is that revealing of their potential and the type of worker they are? Or is it that is all they are left with?

Several years back we all saw a very promising athlete sacrifice his professional career because he loved being high more then he loved football/making money. Ricky Williams left me just shaking my head in wonder... how could a person prioritize his life in such a manner and come to a conclusion that walking away from the NFL was in his best interest? I still am baffled by someone making such a decision, but ultimately it's his life and decision to make. That's what the few more vocal commentators in this conversation seem to have overlooked. They don't have the right nor responsibility to tell others how to live. They are of a dying breed and are already largely viewed with a minor level of amusement and annoyance. Even the most adamantly opposed to legalization typically will agree the current path is doing more harm than good and that it is time to look at other options. But not these guys. Nope, they can't even admit 47% isn't a small minority... to them not staying the course is failure. It would be funny if it weren't so damn ridiculous.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    You are always asking for sources... but all of yours are from the 1930's. So, you want me to do the research for you? There's a big internet out there. There are even tools that search it for you.

He linked you to a page about the movie reefer madness since you had no clue of the subject on which you were speaking. That was the only 1930's reference made. He was trying to catch you up on a subject you know nothing about.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I'm confused. Are you under the impression that I've been advocating a heavily regulated medical marijuana industry? Please forgive my confusion, but I've been clear on 3 or 4 occasions in this thread alone that I'm not in favor of this. It would certainly not shrink the government or the black market in any substantial way.

Have you not figured it out? He posts random links without looking at the information with hopes we won't bother to read the link, which is another of his tactic. When presented with data he ignores it..

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    This was not directed at you. I already stated waaay back that I don't think jail time for a dimebag is reasonable. I'm all for writing tickets for small amounts. Much like a speeding ticket.

Unacceptable. Something so detrimental to society as a whole should result in the firing squad. No exceptions.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    All this big, intrusive government is not free. You are dipping into my paychecks, at the very least, while sending others to prison and breaking up their families.

It is OK for a nanny to act like a nanny to little children. It is not OK for the government to act like a nanny to free citizens.

So, its okay for you to dip into my pockets but not vice versa? I break up families, but addiction, that brings everyone together.

Man, we need more guys like you in this world. I just hope your followers have to wherewithal to come out of the basement and make change we can all get behind. You have so much work ahead of you. I don't know if this thread is even worth your time. Free us from our chains!

Unacceptable. Something so detrimental to society as a whole should result in the firing squad. No exceptions.
    As long as your are willing to pull the trigger. Police don't want to deal with it. I know you think they are all JBT just waiting to step on your neck over some stems and seeds, but that is not the case. The infrastructure for regulation via it remaining illegal is in place. Fines, court cost, higher insurance, whatever. I'll keep my bullets for someone more deserving.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Do you guys think that legalization would pass a referendum? Here in Indiana? Nationally? A survey is a sampling of a group, and those are very small samplings. You guy talk about control. Yet point to an "authoritative" survey for policy change. Well perception is reality. I can conduct 4 surveys but only show you the one that fits my agenda.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I have never as much as took a hit off of MJ, and do not approve of doing any types of recreational drugs. I hardly will even drink alcohol. But we live in a country that is supposed to be the land of the free. So drink your alcohol, smoke your MJ all you want. But leave your personnel property and do harm to others, rather it be driving, at work, or walking down the street while high/drunk you face the death penalty. Also a stiff penalty if you destroy others property. What you do on you're own time and property is between you and well you know. Less laws, steeper penalty's. Also employers can refuse to hire you or fire you at will if the have a drug policy and you fail it.

One problem with your solution is I don't think we have the technology to tell if a person is "high" like we do if they are intoxicated.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    So, its okay for you to dip into my pockets but not vice versa? I break up families, but addiction, that brings everyone together.

Huh? My policies abolish government involvement in the matter and require none of your money. Every aspect of prohibition, on the other hand, reeks of big expensive government (giant bureaucracies, packed courts, packed prisons, vice squads, militarized SWAT teams, and more!)

As for breaking up families, that comes from your willingness to throw moms and dads in prison and send their kids to foster care. I'm not using my vote to do any such thing.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    You vote? Do you write in a candidate, maybe yourself? I can't see you compromising your moral compass on any mainstream candidate. How writing a ticket is equivalent to the damage say crystal meth does to a family. Because once we end prohibition, all of these government agencies are just going to evaporate into thin air. Man, you have soooo much work to do. How do you find the time to read these lowly text strings on the internet?

Top Bottom