Why Are So Many Still Against Hemp / Marijuana ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Weren't you just saying something about quoting propaganda from the 30's? Ah yes, here:
    Get with the now, man.

Since you like memes. Here's one for you:

original.jpg

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    You are always asking for sources... but all of yours are from the 1930's. So, you want me to do the research for you? There's a big internet out there. There are even tools that search it for you.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    You are always asking for sources... but all of yours are from the 1930's. So, you want me to do the research for you? There's a big internet out there. There are even tools that search it for you.

this intranet thing is pretty serious

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Is that comment directed at me? You are kind of rambling through this thread, so I'm not quite sure.

Regardless of your position on the War on Drugs, if you really want to have an informed opinion on the subject, you would be well served to learn the history of it. Early drug laws, much like early gun control laws, often came out of racist fears of Blacks and Hispanics being dangerous and the idea that they were degrading White culture, particularly the youth (hence the common linking of jazz to the anti-drug movement, being that it originated among Black musicians and become popular with Whites).

If you are serious that you don't know what Reefer Madness is, then here:

Reefer Madness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's an old propaganda film made in the 1930's, as part of the propaganda campaign being pushed by Harry Anslinger (among many others), the commissioner of the Federal Narcotics Bureau (precursor to the DEA). It's a ridiculous film, portraying innocent, unsuspecting (and white) teenagers being lured into a dangerous world of marijuana smoking and jazz, leading to madness and murder. It's probably the most famous example of these propaganda films, but there were many more. Anslinger made all sorts of outrageous statements, using the authority of his position push it out to the American public (a lot of it extremely racist).
    And masturbation. Don't forget masturbation!

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Oh, I thought you wanted it regulated... Without the expansion of government... Santa maybe?????

Pay attention.

I agree, that's why we need to scale back regulations as far as possible. Like I said, somewhere near the regulations that we have on alcohol would almost entirely eliminate the black market surrounding it. Of course, I'd prefer that it was treated like any other agricultural commodity and sold at farmer's markets on the side of the road. But I'd settle for minimal regulations.

Yes, that is how it should be in a 'free' country. But like I said, alcohol-style regulations would be an improvement and would at least eliminate the black market.

I'm not talking about prescription marijuana. I'm talking about marijuana being sold the way alcohol is sold. Making it prescription-only just continues to feed the black market.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg

I never asked you for any sources, so I don't know what you are talking about (unless you are confusing me with other posters on this thread). I also provided a pretty thorough listing of poll data from the last 3 months showing that public opinion is shifting to have a slight majority in favor legalization and more substantial majority in favor of decriminalization.

I also tried to provide you with an understanding on how we got to the policies of today, since you don't seem to be aware of it. Did you think that marijuana has always been illegal in America? It's only been illegal for the last 80 years or so, despite it being commonly grown and used for centuries by the European here and utilized for millenia by humans before that (at least 4,000 years).

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Yeah, I wonder if some of these "fearless" drug warriors realized that there are some quite industrious and successful people that commonly use MJ. I've known a few.

Ok, and every single high school drop-out I remember smoked pot asked my wife and she said the same. It proves absolutely nothing, MJ is not a prerequisite to success or failure.... However I think most self made successful, industrutrious people will tell you that things like dugs, Tobacco, ALcohol, basically anything that doesn't contribute to earning money is a waste of time and money.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Ok, and every single high school drop-out I remember smoked pot asked my wife and she said the same. It proves absolutely nothing, MJ is not a prerequisite to success or failure.... However I think most self made successful, industrutrious people will tell you that things like dugs, Tobacco, ALcohol, basically anything that doesn't contribute to earning money is a waste of time and money.

I think that's generally true, though I imagine that most of them would add "to excess". I hardly know anyone that doesn't do or hasn't done at least one or more of those (though I'm sure there are some devout Mormon self-made millionaires who would probably could make that claim).

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Let's recap. You don't like how other people live so you insist that government should use punitive measures to change them.

Are you OK with admitting that you are into government social engineering and nannying the public?

Is this not the world you live in? My insurance is more expensive bc of said 30yo. His life decisions affect my quality of life. If you think legalization will not be preceded by expatiation of the .gov, I have a bridge to sell you.

If anything which affects insurance rates can be made illegal, then so can alcohol, fast food, cigarettes, candy, soft drinks, and all sorts of other personal freedoms. You've laid the foundation for all forms of control of every aspect of our lives.

Let's face it, there is no clearer case of nannying and social engineering than the prohibition you advocate.

Top Bottom