Why Are So Many Still Against Hemp / Marijuana ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    You vote? Do you write in a candidate, maybe yourself? I can't see you compromising your moral compass on any mainstream candidate. How writing a ticket is equivalent to the damage say crystal meth does to a family. Because once we end prohibition, all of these government agencies are just going to evaporate into thin air. Man, you have soooo much work to do. How do you find the time to read these lowly text strings on the internet?

Reality doesnt enter into it for some.
    the height of narcissism is to rant for what you want without concern for the "other people"

possibly sociopathic behavoir

(of course that may be a tactic, I'm so tactical)

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Do you guys think that legalization would pass a referendum? Here in Indiana? Nationally? A survey is a sampling of a group, and those are very small samplings. You guy talk about control. Yet point to an "authoritative" survey for policy change. Well perception is reality. I can conduct 4 surveys but only show you the one that fits my agenda.

You clearly don't know how statistical sampling works. Please provide current polling data from a major, reputable, polling agency that shows there is large nationwide support for your views. If you really think people are manipulating polling data, it should be really easy to pull up several opposing scientific polls that agree with you.

You vote? Do you write in a candidate, maybe yourself? I can't see you compromising your moral compass on any mainstream candidate. How writing a ticket is equivalent to the damage say crystal meth does to a family. Because once we end prohibition, all of these government agencies are just going to evaporate into thin air. Man, you have soooo much work to do. How do you find the time to read these lowly text strings on the internet?

Okay, so you've said several times now that you don't support people going to jail for "dime bags". Are you saying you are then in favor of decriminalization of marijuana (and with your reference to a ticket for crystal meth, maybe all drugs)? That seems to be what you are advocating now. So you do oppose the changes Mike Pence is proposing to Indiana code, increasing the penalty for possession of small amounts of marijuana (1/3 of an ounce) to felony levels?

I can't speak for rambone, but I have worked on several political campaigns and run for office here in Indiana, twice (not to mention voting in every single election since I moved to this state, doing my best to vote for pro-liberty candidates). What have you done to effect positive political change?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    That's tactiCOOL!

I'm not interested in changing the subject. If you can't defend your policies, that tells us all we need to know.

When will you be implementing your policies again? Because only then, can we talk about them as reality.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Do you guys think that legalization would pass a referendum? Here in Indiana? Nationally? A survey is a sampling of a group, and those are very small samplings. You guy talk about control. Yet point to an "authoritative" survey for policy change. Well perception is reality. I can conduct 4 surveys but only show you the one that fits my agenda.

It has passed in some states and is being introduced in many others. I suspect in our lifetimes it will be legal more places than not. The feds stepped in and did all they are going to do for now. They removed the medical objections allowing for states to guide themselves, that's a novel approach.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

What do surveys have to do with liberty?

If a 'survey' showed that a majority favored strict gun control, would you support it?

Most people don't support liberty, plain and simple. You clearly don't, except maybe for activities you personally enjoy.

When will you be implementing your policies again? Because only then, can we talk about them as reality.

Are you suggesting that we shouldn't talk about policies until they are implemented?

There are so many logical fallacies circling around that I don't even know where to begin.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    You clearly don't know how statistical sampling works. Please provide current polling data from a major, reputable, polling agency that shows there is large nationwide support for your views. If you really think people are manipulating polling data, it should be really easy to pull up several opposing scientific polls that agree with you.
    I asked for a referendum. Polls are nothing more then a tool for an agenda.

Okay, so you've said several times now that you don't support people going to jail for "dime bags". Are you saying you are then in favor of decriminalization of marijuana (and with your reference to a ticket for crystal meth, maybe all drugs)? That seems to be what you are advocating now. So you do oppose the changes Mike Pence is proposing to Indiana code, increasing the penalty for possession of small amounts of marijuana (1/3 of an ounce) to felony levels?

I do not support "decriminalization" of marijuana. I don't think smoking a J is worst than speeding. Speeding is a crime, is it not? I also do not support tickets for harder, more destructive, more addictive drugs. They are a burden to society. I do not agree with Pence. I would draw the felony line somewhere around 1.5-2oz, intent to distribute (especially to minors), and/or multiple offenses.

I can't speak for rambone, but I have worked on several political campaigns and run for office here in Indiana, twice (not to mention voting in every single election since I moved to this state, doing my best to vote for pro-liberty candidates). What have you done to effect positive political change?

I vote, not that it does any good to vote against the machine up here. I attempt to educate people that I come across that don't understand gun laws and the second amendment.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I asked for a referendum. Polls are nothing more then a tool for an agenda.

So, you want a nationwide referendum on marijuana legalization? Unfortunately, there is no provision in the Constitution or our form of government, outside of a constitutional amendment, to allow for that. Effectively, you are asking for something that no one can provide, ever.

Now, on the other hand, if you are asking for state-level type data, we have 4 states and 1 federal territory (DC) with outright legalized marijuana, and 23 states with legalized medical marijuana (all passed through voter initiatives), with many more likely to join in the next few election cycles. Does that satisfy what you are looking for?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Oops, I overstepped lawful constraints be typing the word "Nationally" after I typed "Indiana". Will you ever forgive me? Though nobody actually answered the hyperbole.

To tell you the truth, I feel physically sick. I thought I was man enough to google image "cartel beheading". I was wrong. These guys make ISIS look like military school boys. But, its a victimless crime. Know your grower I guess.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    To tell you the truth, I feel physically sick. I thought I was man enough to google image "cartel beheading". I was wrong. These guys make ISIS look like military school boys. But, its a victimless crime. Know your grower I guess.

You're right, the atrocities are horrifying.

I want to thank you and your statist, anti-liberty buddies for maintaining policies that keep the cartels thriving and beheading.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Oops, I overstepped lawful constraints be typing the word "Nationally" after I typed "Indiana". Will you ever forgive me? Though nobody actually answered the hyperbole.

Man, if only we didn't have a stupid laws based on old racist propaganda creating a black market, we'd be all set then. I haven't heard of a lot of beheadings going on perpetrated by Califnornia or Colorado legal pot growers. You can't argue on one hand that something is so dangerous we have to maintain the status quo on prohibition because the consequences are too severe not to and then on the other hand use the violence caused by the black market created by that very prohibition as a reason to maintain the same policies.

Either it's too dangerous to legalize, in which case all the violence caused by the cartels is an evil we have to bear because the alternative is worse, or it isn't, in which case support of the current policy is tantamount to having blood on your hands.

You can't have it both ways.

Also, what hyperbole are you talking about? You want an Indiana referendum? Then have your local state senator tell State Senator Patricia Miller (R-Indianapolis), chairwoman of the Senate Health and Provider Services Committee, to quit blocking hearings on Senate Bill 284 which will allow medical marijuana in Indiana if passed. Since she is blocking it from even being discussed in committee, we can never get to the point where the voters can have their say on it.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    wow, nothing in between huh.

I though Bush spoke in absolutes

(no mention of Star wars, see that, I'm trying to be nice)

So what's your magic middle ground? I guess we could invade Mexico and have the military execute everyone that is suspected of being involved in the drug trade, and probably kill hundreds of thousands of civilians in the process. Clearly our current policies aren't working, as the cartels are simply growing in power, funded by the black market our prohibition has created. So, what should we do then?

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    So what's your magic middle ground? I guess we could invade Mexico and have the military execute everyone that is suspected of being involved in the drug trade, and probably kill hundreds of thousands of civilians in the process.

Thats middle ground? Invasion?

ericpwp is saying to make pot on a level of a traffic ticket. And your "middle ground" is invading Mexico?

I thought I was the one needing to chill

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Thats middle ground? Invasion?

ericpwp is saying to make pot on a level of a traffic ticket. And your "middle ground" is invading Mexico?

I thought I was the one needing to chill

That would be decriminalization, which he said he opposed (though really, it sounds like he supports it). Problem with that is that it has no effect on the black market and in fact may actually increase the demand. So the beheadings will still continue.

Now, if he didn't care about the beheadings (and a lot of people don't, since it happens in a foreign country), then you'd have a point. But since he specifically brought them up, we still need to identify how we deal with it. Still haven't heard any solutions.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm supportive of decriminalization as a first step, since at least we could stop destroying the lives of Americans and cluttering up our justice system with prosecutions of people for possession, but that is still only a first step.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    You're right, the atrocities are horrifying.

I want to thank you and your statist, anti-liberty buddies for maintaining policies that keep the cartels thriving and beheading.
    There's that word again. Tell me about Lincoln. I would like to thank your doper friends for keeping them profitable. Isn't that freedom? When the law can't touch you, and you can do what ever you want? Absolute freedom! What do morals have to do with freedom?
    Man, if only we didn't have a stupid laws based on old racist propaganda creating a black market, we'd be all set then. I haven't heard of a lot of beheadings going on perpetrated by Califnornia or Colorado legal pot growers. You can't argue on one hand that something is so dangerous we have to maintain the status quo on prohibition because the consequences are too severe not to and then on the other hand use the violence caused by the black market created by that very prohibition as a reason to maintain the same policies.

Either it's too dangerous to legalize, in which case all the violence caused by the cartels is an evil we have to bear because the alternative is worse, or it isn't, in which case support of the current policy is tantamount to having blood on your hands.

You can't have it both ways.

Also, what hyperbole are you talking about? You want an Indiana referendum? Then have your local state senator tell State Senator Patricia Miller (R-Indianapolis), chairwoman of the Senate Health and Provider Services Committee, to quit blocking hearings on Senate Bill 284 which will allow medical marijuana in Indiana if passed. Since she is blocking it from even being discussed in committee, we can never get to the point where the voters can have their say on it.

I never said I wanted a referendum. I ask if there was one in Indiana, or one nationally (hypothetically), would it pass. That question was never answered. How politician of you.

I wonder why I haven't read about any beheadings by the alcohol cartels recently.

Arn't they all statist politicians now or their friends? The ones that couldn't get licensed, maybe they sell pot, who knows.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Now, if he didn't care about the beheadings (and a lot of people don't, since it happens in a foreign country), then you'd have a point. But since he specifically brought them up, we still need to identify how we deal with it. Still haven't heard any solutions

Your not gonna start some "we are the world" stuff are you?
    world police?
    our actions have consequences in other nations so we have to do something?

decriminalize and invade?
    Not a foreign policy I'm gonna get behind

Top Bottom