Why Are So Many Still Against Hemp / Marijuana ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Not only do you ignore the information provided in your own links, you ignore the examples brought up in this thread over and over again.

Employers can fire you for tobacco use... what makes you think they couldn't restrict this? Because it fits your narrative?

Isnt one of you many points that my employer can't test me

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    But, it's legal, you can't test me, I know my rights,

and you wouldnt have​ the opportunity

Alcohol is legal, and an employer can legally fire you for drinking on the job, even for being excessively hung over. Private employment contracts have rules that you agree too, and just about every employer I've been involved with over the past 30 or so years has made the alcohol and drug policy quite clear and in writing. Fail to comply and they have the right to fire your ass. Nice baseless argument.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Honest Abe? I thought the guys that go around calling people statist are always half a paragraph from calling him the great satin. But, as long as it fits the narrative...
    Personally I think satin is overrated. Really expensive and it just doesn't breath well. I much prefer a 500 thread count Egyptian Cotton.

Last edited:

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Alcohol is legal, and an employer can legally fire you for drinking on the job, even for being excessively hung over. Private employment contracts have rules that you agree too, and just about every employer I've been involved with over the past 30 or so years has made the alcohol and drug policy quite clear and in writing. Fail to comply and they have the right to fire your ass. Nice baseless argument.

And it is people like this arguing potheads that are simpleminded lazy fools...

those that can't be bothered to read their own links, provide any polls that show small minority support, nor keep up with the issues being discussed here on even the most basic level....

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Nope, never said it. Never said anything remotely like it. Never implied it. Argued the exact opposite actually....

oh, so your a statist and hate my liberty and freedom.

(you realize that your well past the point where I take you seriously)

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Sorry, you keep referring to this Reefer Madness, I don't know what this is. My views come from life experiences. From the ones I have known, Potheads are much more likely to live in there parents basement until they're 30 and be really good at playstation then they would be to shank someone. But there are outliers both ways.

Is that comment directed at me? You are kind of rambling through this thread, so I'm not quite sure.

Regardless of your position on the War on Drugs, if you really want to have an informed opinion on the subject, you would be well served to learn the history of it. Early drug laws, much like early gun control laws, often came out of racist fears of Blacks and Hispanics being dangerous and the idea that they were degrading White culture, particularly the youth (hence the common linking of jazz to the anti-drug movement, being that it originated among Black musicians and become popular with Whites).

If you are serious that you don't know what Reefer Madness is, then here:

Reefer Madness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's an old propaganda film made in the 1930's, as part of the propaganda campaign being pushed by Harry Anslinger (among many others), the commissioner of the Federal Narcotics Bureau (precursor to the DEA). It's a ridiculous film, portraying innocent, unsuspecting (and white) teenagers being lured into a dangerous world of marijuana smoking and jazz, leading to madness and murder. It's probably the most famous example of these propaganda films, but there were many more. Anslinger made all sorts of outrageous statements, using the authority of his position push it out to the American public (a lot of it extremely racist).

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008

those that can't be bothered to read their own links, provide any polls that show small minority support, nor keep up with the issues being discussed here on even the most basic level....

:runaway::runaway:

:horse:

:coffee:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    (btw, one poll said 47% the others that you ignored didn't. And 47% is not the majority you are arguing for and as I said that was just a couple of minutes search, I have no incentive to search further)

You said it was a small minority. Since a minority is anything less than 50%, adding 'small' as a qualifier suggests that it is far less than 50%. 47% would be better qualified as a large minority.

Why don't you just admit that you made an uninformed statement and move on? We've all done it.

So let's expand it to anything. :rolleyes:

Just because firearms should not be banned doesn't mean MJ should not be banned.

The reasoning is identical. So yes, it can be expanded to anything. A government large enough to govern what you ingest is large enough to govern your firearm collection.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Are you OK with admitting that you are into government social engineering and nannying the public?
    Is this not the world you live in? My insurance is more expensive bc of said 30yo. His life decisions affect my quality of life. If you think legalization will not be preceded by expatiation of the .gov, I have a bridge to sell you.

Is this better? Just for you.
    61119868.jpg

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Is this not the world you live in? My insurance is more expensive bc of said 30yo. His life decisions affect my quality of life. If you think legalization will not be preceded by expatiation of the .gov, I have a bridge to sell you.

Prohibition results in increased government. I provided proof of this several pages ago.

Where is your evidence that demonstrates otherwise?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Reefer Madness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's an old propaganda film made in the 1930's, as part of the propaganda campaign being pushed by Harry Anslinger (among many others), the commissioner of the Federal Narcotics Bureau (precursor to the DEA). It's a ridiculous film, portraying innocent, unsuspecting (and white) teenagers being lured into a dangerous world of marijuana smoking and jazz, leading to madness and murder. It's probably the most famous example of these propaganda films, but there were many more. Anslinger made all sorts of outrageous statements, using the authority of his position push it out to the American public (a lot of it extremely racist).
    Weren't you just saying something about quoting propaganda from the 30's? Ah yes, here:
    Do you have any polls from the 1930's showing that jazz music is a dangerous threat to our youth that we should include in there too?
    Get with the now, man.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County

Yeah, I wonder if some of these "fearless" drug warriors realized that there are some quite industrious and successful people that commonly use MJ. I've known a few.

Top Bottom