• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    We went to a neighborhood retention pond the other night...I got 4 little bluegills...but that was better then anyone else got that night :D

gunslinger762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Oh its past time. And im tired of being couped up in this house like a dadgum bear hybernating. Got the crappie fever. I usually go to salamonie res. last year was really low at the beginning of the year, well see how this year goes.

sbnewsom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    St. John
    Caught this beauty today. Only about 2 pounds but it was a good start to the season. The bass were killing the spinner bait today. Caught about 15 fish in 20 minutes. All pretty small but it was fun. I felt like Bill Dance!

f8f42c76949064301bc9ae2a4237c65a_zpsccc43f11.jpg

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Yes, and im sure its just full of three eyed fish.

You know how, when you go to the ocean, you can smell it from miles away?
    Same thing, only it smells like ass and cat foot.

Man everytime I have to drive over it on Harding st I gag... Smells like they dump the poo right into the river, but I've heard the smallmouth fishing is crazy good, just don't fall in:laugh:

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I thought about kayaking it, but I see just random pieces of rebar, pointed upstream, almost just waiting to stab your ass.

I dont think so. That place is a sesspool. Im so tired of living in the frikin city.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    renewed all my indiana/ michigan licenses. Really hope to do some great lake fishing this year!

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I was going to go to sodalis park, since Id never been their before, but then I read theyre rule number one:

"Remove nothing except nourishment for the soul, consolation for the
    heart and inspiration for the mind"

No fishing in hippyville for me, god I hate the city.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Got the opportunity to fish a privately owned strip pit today in Sullivan Co. My coworker has a key to the gate and a 2 man bass raider boat. The only difficult thing about the trip was taking the boat down the access ramp and the absolute worst thing was dragging the boat back up it. The fishing we did in between those 2 things was not bad. We got a couple pounders in the boat and I caught 2 nice gills that measured 9-10 inches. The fish were acting like the water was still a little too cold for them. Some didn't put up much of a fight.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    FYI: Last year's emergency rule that allowed 5 hooks on umbrella rigs, also known as Alabama rigs, has expired.

Umbrella rigs remain legal to use in Indiana but may not contain more than 2 hooked lures which is consistent with the long-standing limit on number of hooks allowed per pole.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Except that river is FULL of smallies and catfish

So is alot of other places, where you dont have to have a hepatitis shot to fish. Oh BTW, I gave it 5 or 6 attempts before I decided it was not worth it. I dont go fishing just to count the number of fish I catch. I go for the beauty of nature, the piece and quiet. Neither of those are found on the White River.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    So is alot of other places, where you dont have to have a hepatitis shot to fish. Oh BTW, I gave it 5 or 6 attempts before I decided it was not worth it. I dont go fishing just to count the number of fish I catch. I go for the beauty of nature, the piece and quiet. Neither of those are found on the White River.

I don't eat the fish... I fish to enjoy the outdoors.

Lots of good fishing up on the river near Broadripple area.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I dont eat them either, but All the places Ive tried it, from white river park on down to near martinsville, the river smelled horrible, and that ruins the beauty of it for me.

Is the river better pre Indy? Ive never tried it any further upstream from WRP

Top Bottom