• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Don't forget Iran-Contra , it totally circumvented the constitution and he also really swelled the deficit. In recent times only Clinton reduced the deficit.
    Best : Clinton Truman , JFK
    Worst : Johnson , W , Reagan

Why Clinton or JFK?

Clinton was on his way to being a total disaster until the '94 midterm election gave him a Congress that balanced the budget. Other than that he did let the bad guys get away and even helped them gain strength by running from Somalia after we got our nose bloodied.

Other than the Bay of Pigs and the Cuban missile crisis all JFK did was cut taxes. He did get us deeper into Vietnam though. I am not sure I would call that a positive.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    The US National Debt has not been decreased one thin dime since 1957 under Eisenhower. Reducing a deficit does not reduce the debt. It's like saying "Oh look, I'm only $100 short this month instead of $105 short." You're still overspent. The president, by law, can't spend money. Only congress can.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Why Clinton or JFK?

Clinton was on his way to being a total disaster until the '94 midterm election gave him a Congress that balanced the budget. .

Actually, the budget was never balanced except on paper. We were still spending every dime that came in for social security, which meant that the social security fund was still in effect borrowing on the future.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    ME, I have just not been elected yet. I would make a great prez. I do not care what you guys want, I will do what is best for everyone, sorta like a parent.

You're sounding like most of them...on both the best and worst lists of this thread...you might just win ;)

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    You're sounding like most of them...on both the best and worst lists of this thread...you might just win ;)
    Nope, I am much better, just told you up front in plain English I do not give one rats ass what you think. I am going to do what is best for everyone. That does not mean giving your money to someone else either:rockwoot:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    If I was president, I would do things that most people would hate, but maybe 50 years after my assassination by radicals on the left, then I would be loved by all for ridding the country of illegals, ridding the U.S. of welfare, and privatizing social security and giving people the right to buy in only if they want. oh yeah, Id also eliminate all property taxes and FORCE states rights!. I would also cut foreign aid and weapons sales to other countries that wanna kill us, and personally bulldoze the UN in new york.

Last edited:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    John Hancock, 4th President of the Continental Congress.

Famous smuggler, statesman, and patriot.

Told the king to kiss his arse in large calligraphic letters.

Had a bounty upon his head from the royal JBTs.

My kind of guy.

This, and George Washington. I honestly don't think we'll ever see another POTUS as skilled and qualified as the earliest 4 or 5. :patriot:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Wrong country, but as far as being a fantastic president, I agree. ;):yesway:
    Mmmm...not so great. Couldn't get his own vice president to cooperate, kept Bragg in charge too long and too often, initiated the first draft in American (?) history, and unsuccessfully tired to build a strong central government for a bunch of states whose whole reason for leaving the old union was a strong central government (that and preserving slavery).

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Mmmm...not so great. Couldn't get his own vice president to cooperate, kept Bragg in charge too long and too often, initiated the first draft in American (?) history, and unsuccessfully tired to build a strong central government for a bunch of states whose whole reason for leaving the old union was a strong central government (that and preserving slavery).
    :rolleyes: another person commenting on what they dont know about

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    :rolleyes: another person commenting on what they dont know about
    What makes you say that? What particular part of that statement is not true? I happen to be a professional Civil War historian and can document all of these points. If you don't agree about the slavery part, I suggest you go and read the Articles of Secession for each of the seceeding states. They themselves cited slavery as the driving issue.

Top Bottom