• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Andrew Jackson

He preserved the federal union against all threats- in particular against the idea of nullification as espoused by SC.
    He wanted to stop most of the corruption that had become rampant after 20 years of rule by the same party.
    He not only ended the practice of deficit spending, but retired the federal deficit from the past administrations.Dont you wish they would have continued this?
    He abolished the bank of the US because it had become a political tool for the rich and did nothing for the common people. Only to have it started up again.
    He made large steps to end the Indian menace once and forever, at least on the Eastern side of the Mississippi.
    He showed the rest of the world that the US had enough military might that it could not be trifled with - that it could and would send gunboats or whatever might be needed to enforce its will.
    He almost ended forever any threats by spain and Britain, or anybody against the
    borders of the US, especially to the South and West, because these borders were most vulnerable. He may not have considered the possibility that mexico would become independent of Spain and become a threat.
    in my opinion we need him again

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I have to agree with other people on Washington and Coolidge being the best. Hopefully Ron Paul will make that list in my lifetime. :rockwoot:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    +1 for Jackson. Though I wonder what might have happened if JFK had lived longer.

Now, the absolute worst: Woodrow Wilson. Close second: FDR.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I have always felt the Lincoln and Reagan were great presidents, but you guy make a very good argument for Coolege.
    It would be great to have a President and Government in general that would stay out of the way.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Washington
    He had to do it from scratch , hold a new country together long enough for it to work it's self in to running and deal with one third of the people that did not like the patriots .

GeorgeWashington.jpg
    :rockwoot:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'd have to go with Washington (old school); Reagan (modern times). Reagan wasn't perfect, but his terms certainly laid the ground work for the good times I've enjoyed my adult life.

"The President is only a reflection of the The President is only a reflection of the people"... Ouch! Truth hurts.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    For me it was Reagan, he was straight forward and didn't take any crap.
    If Reagan was still president Gadhafi would be heading for the hills.
    I sure Reagan would have welcomed the chance to shoot another missle up his back side.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    How do those who said George Washington feel about the Whiskey Rebellion?

Federal troops killing tax protesters? Why did he allow a federal "sin tax" on whiskey anyways?

Top Bottom