• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Washington was more successful in his failures as a general.
    Teddy Roosevelt was ambitious and did a lot in his lifetime, but not so much as a president.
    Reagan may have broke the Russians, but the jury is still out on the effects he had on our economy.
    FDR had almost a dynasty. Eleanor may have been the actual president.
    Lincoln had probably the most stressful experience.
    Kennedy had the most women. Or was it Clinton?

While some might consider Jefferson a liberal, he's among my favorites because of his intellectual, scientific and exploratory accomplishments. He didn't take any crap from the Barbary Muslims either.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I'll state, up front, that I am a devoted Republican and conservative patriot. I believe one of our nations best leaders and most popular presidents was, in fact, Ronald Reagan. He was, even before entering politics, a true American patriot.

But there was another Republican president before him.... who was even more popular with Americas citizens. The 25th POTUS, William McKinley was also a true patriot, as well as being a devoted, endearing husband to his ill wife..... and he was a brilliant statesman. He was a "protectionist" where Americas' well-being was concerned, and he had a vast understanding of world affairs. McKinley created the foreign products tariffs, that aided Americas' industrial prosperity and protected American jobs and businesses.... at a crucial time in world history.

He fought the Spanish acquisition of Cuba, Haiti, the Dominican Republic and Indonesia.... winning the Spanish-American War in just 4 months.

McKinley chose Theodore Roosevelt as his vice-president; and was elected to a second term in 1900. He served from 1897 to Sept 6, 1901.... when he was shot by an assassin, early in his second term.

You should really read his biography, as it's an important piece of American history and greatness. You can find an abbreviated version at biography.com

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    For me, personally, my favorites, are Teddy Roosevelt, and Ronald Reagan, I like Teddy's leadership style, and I was A D USMC, when Ronnie, was elected, and the hostages, were sent home, the night, he took the OATH ..... Very powerful, and didn't take no crap !!!!!

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Shocked some are choosing Jackson. His treatment of the Indians should rule him out, ever hear of the trail of tears?

Jackson had alot positives....but the trail of tears makes him one of my least favorite, Jefferson was against big government, until he got power, both Roosevelts were Progressives believing in big government an the Constitution was a outdated document,....Reagon had positives, but was anti-gun an grew the Government..I gotta still stick with Washington....its been going down hill since then.....

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    For me, personally, my favorites, are Teddy Roosevelt, and Ronald Reagan, I like Teddy's leadership style, and I was A D USMC, when Ronnie, was elected, and the hostages, were sent home, the night, he took the OATH ..... Very powerful, and didn't take no crap !!!!!
    Seriously? Do you remember the Marine Corps barracks in Lebanon and how Ronnie cut and and ran, after doing nothing for those dead men? I seem to remember him taking a lot of crap in the ME.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noteworthy ones were already mentioned. Didn't nominate any in particular, since with any of them - including the mostly revered first four - one can find something to criticize.

Seriously? Do you remember the Marine Corps barracks in Lebanon and how Ronnie cut and and ran, after doing nothing for those dead men? I seem to remember him taking a lot of crap in the ME.
    Not exactly a shining moment.
    Regarding the cut and run/doing nothing/taking crap, does this mean you would have supported pulverizing Lebanon into smoldering ash? Would that count as "doing something" or not taking crap, or would you then accuse him of being a bloodthirsty warmonger, as many who despised him often did and still do to this day? Or maybe giving money or acquiescing to the demands of terrorists seeking base camps to fire rockets at Israel, as the domestic appeasement crowd seems to suggest nearly every time there is some kind of "trouble" in the Middle East?

FWIW, I didn't consider any of the 20th century presidents, with the exception of Cool Cal. The only reason I bring it up is because if one takes the principled position of "we shouldn't have been there in the first place" or no foreign entanglements, that is one thing. However, using terms like "cut-n-run" or "taking crap" implies that one endorses more forceful action.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Why does everyone like Teddy Roosevelt so much? He's the reason the Feds own so much land in the country. If you believe in the 10th amendment or in private property, you should be appalled.

government-owned-land.jpg

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Why does everyone like Teddy Roosevelt so much? He's the reason the Feds own so much land in the country. If you believe in the 10th amendment or in private property, you should be appalled.

government-owned-land.jpg

I think its because Teddy was a shooter an hunter, a outdoorsman...I liked him too until I heard what Beck said about him an looked into it an read some of his words concerning things,.....most of this land siezed by Teddy an co. should be given back to the states an the people....theres enough coal an oil we could be independent again.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    How do those who said George Washington feel about the Whiskey Rebellion?

Federal troops killing tax protesters? Why did he allow a federal "sin tax" on whiskey anyways?

Because he believed in the Constitution, and that the democratically established laws of the land should be obeyed. GW was one of if not the largest distiller of whiskey in the country and he paid the tax. Freedom and rights are not unlimited no matter how much we may want it to be that way.

Top Bottom