• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree. But in the event of a recount, you cant exactly shake all the ORIGINAL electronic bits out onto the table and count them by hand like a paper ballot.

Make them on paper, counted by computer. We can solve for computer glitches with human eyes on a paper form after the fact. You cant do this with a 100% electronic vote:
    (there is no guarantee what was printed out after the fact was inputted by the voter up front if the software was altered to count votes incorrectly)
    View attachment 50865

And that scares the crap out of me. So says me, the computer guy... Im not some technophobe. I KNOW what you can do with computers and its scary. What the front end says isnt necessarily what the back end does. Another vote for open source software on the voting machines.

It is on paper. The "voting machine" is just a touchscreen computer and a printer with a GUI. You select your choices and print them on a paper ballot. Your choices are printed on the ballot in text and computer readable form. You put the ballot through the scanner to tally. Then your ballet goes in an envelope sealed by you and then placed in a ballot box by you. So there's an electronic tally backed up by a paper ballot.

I think it's a pretty good system except the software should be open source, and the computer readable part of the ballet should be tied better to the text so people know the dots correspond with the text.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It is on paper. The "voting machine" is just a touchscreen computer and a printer with a GUI. You select your choices and print them on a paper ballot. Your choices are printed on the ballot in text and computer readable form. You put the ballot through the scanner to tally. Then your ballet goes in an envelope sealed by you and then placed in a ballot box by you. So there's an electronic tally backed up by a paper ballot.

I think it's a pretty good system except the software should be open source, and the computer readable part of the ballet should be tied better to the text so people know the dots correspond with the text.

We agree. My point is there should ALWAYS be a paper ballot that the voter (or anyone for that matter) sees that says "this ballot casts a vote for candidates x, y, and z."

If we deviate from that to a 100% digital version, there is no ORIGINAL hard copy that can be counted if necessary. (reprints after the fact based on 100% digital* voting are useless because the printouts would be post-manipulation) Think the vote was rigged ala 2000? without an original paper copy, all the humans verifying the outcome will use the same rigged/wrong votes they are trying to verify didnt happen.

*you use a touch screen to vote, verify your vote ON SCREEN, then hit submit with no physical paper copy that can be verified by the voter before he leaves

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    After the latest FBI announcement, I wonder how many want their early vote back.

I'll bet you can count them on one hand, maybe two. They are idiots who just. Dont. Care. She's their candidate, they feel good about electing yet another Clinton, and the icing on the cake is its "her turn" as a woman.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    After the latest FBI announcement, I wonder how many want their early vote back.

I wonder about this too.

I'll bet you can count them on one hand, maybe two. They are idiots who just. Dont. Care. She's their candidate, they feel good about electing yet another Clinton, and the icing on the cake is its "her turn" as a woman.

CM, I get what you're saying. The diehard democrats will not change their votes no matter what. But there are those moderates that vote for reasons that don't necessarily align with any sort of principle but on who they get a better vibe from. They may be the ones that are getting voter's remorse tonight.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    CM, I get what you're saying. The diehard democrats will not change their votes no matter what. But there are those moderates that vote for reasons that don't necessarily align with any sort of principle but on who they get a better vibe from. They may be the ones that are getting voter's remorse tonight.

Meh, if they are THAT low info that they voted for her after all the scandals so far, this latest revelation wont even be on their radar.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Voted Wednesday. I did not realize it was considered absentee. Signed the form and voted. I have not seen a paper ballot of any kind since moving to Indiana. Always the same electronic machines.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I voted over a week ago in Wabash, on a voting machine. Double checked who I had voted for before pushing the nuke button. Fair amount of people coming and going, no lines and no waiting was done in about 5 minutes and on my way.

I saw no paper except for what I signed for. After pushing the nuke button I was told I was done and that was it……..? That form was handled by another worker at machine…..Was I suppose to take a paper form to someone because I was told I was done and could go????

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Floyd Co Residents!

If you're voting in Floyd Co one thing you should be aware of is the $87M referendum for the school system. I've received several flyers in the mail stating that voting 'yes' doesn't increase your tax rates. That's dishonest nonsense.

Here's the text of the ballot referendum:
    Shall the New Albany-Floyd County Consolidate School Corporation issue bonds or enter into a lease to construct a new Green Valley Elementary School and Slate Run Elementary School and renovation and equipping of Prosser Career Education Center, New Albany High School, Floyd Knobs Elementary School, Greenville Elementary School, Highland Hills Middle School, Scribner Middle School, and Hazelwood Middle School and which is estimated to cost not more than $87,000,000 and is estinated to increase the property tax rate for debt service by 20.86 cents per $100 assessed valuation?

You can't borrow $87 million and not increase tax revenue! They are saying your rates won't increase above what you're paying now, but what they're not telling you is that your rates would have gone down after the last bond is paid in a couple of years. If this goes through, you'll be paying on this for another 20 years.

I don't appreciate liars trying to con people. This is still a 40% tax hike. I voted 'no'. My property taxes are already outrageous. This is one of those situations where the people who really believe this is a necessary expense should pay for it themselves and not force everyone else to pay for it. :xmad:

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    If you're voting in Floyd Co one thing you should be aware of is the $87M referendum for the school system. I've received several flyers in the mail stating that voting 'yes' doesn't increase your tax rates. That's dishonest nonsense.

Here's the text of the ballot referendum:

You can't borrow $87 million and not increase tax revenue! They are saying your rates won't increase above what you're paying now, but what they're not telling you is that your rates would have gone down after the last bond is paid in a couple of years. If this goes through, you'll be paying on this for another 20 years.

I don't appreciate liars trying to con people. This is still a 40% tax hike. I voted 'no'. My property taxes are already outrageous. This is one of those situations where the people who really believe this is a necessary expense should pay for it themselves and not force everyone else to pay for it. :xmad:

But it's for the children.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...Our police is protesting for the tenth day today, because they don't have enough gear and such (and to change self defense laws)...

Sylvain, what are the gendarmes wanting to have done with the self-defense laws, specifically?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom