• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    Voted at the Library in New Pal. Took about an hour to get through the line.

Found it interesting that they were using paper ballots and transporting them in common suitcases. They were putting little devices on the zippers to "lock" them once the case was full. Hope my ballot makes it to a scanner and the vote counts as written... so untrusting of our political system these days.

Mike

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Don't tell anyone, but I did yesterday morning. I was in line about 20-25 minutes before the doors opened - and I was about 40th in line.

Was not a fast process. 3 people taking your little signed paper applying for early voting. Then had to stand in the other line to get to the actual voting machine. All digital. No print-outs.

Pretty boring.

Except for the little foul-mouthed feller who had the police called on him by the "main" volunteer because he wasn't allowed to vote. Apparently he wasn't registered - or wasn't registered in Jo. Co. He was NOT at all happy about not being allowed to vote. I thought he was going to take a swing at the guy telling him that he couldn't vote. One of Greenwood's finest arrived and had the guy step outside. He apparently got some kind of ticket from the cop (Trespass, perhaps?) He didn't come back in to the building and that's all I know.

Oh, and I think one of the poll workers was a tranny. Very odd looking and sounding "woman".

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Tried to early vote last night.... 2.5 hr wait. Went at a bad time, right after work. Going to try a more off-peak time in a couple days...

-rvb

Ugh, my wife just tried again this afternoon (I'm at work), still a 2 hr wait. Maybe everyone will early vote and I can walk right in on election day....
    -rvb

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've never heard it explained well why congress doesn't just change the election day to a saturday/sunday or make it a national holiday? Is there some sinister reason or just lazy/incompetent leadership never makes it a priority?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I've never heard it explained well why congress doesn't just change the election day to a saturday/sunday or make it a national holiday? Is there some sinister reason or just lazy/incompetent leadership never makes it a priority?

more federal solutions....
    or
    states could expand hours to make it easier, provide more polling stations, more machines to reduce wait times, etc. I think all the states around us have an extra hr longer to vote than we do. At least they let you vote if in line by the cut off, I don't think all states allow that.
    some states require employers give a couple hours of pd time off to vote. some states have civic holidays (ie govt offices closed).

I always thought it sucked that getting to the polls is hardest for the worker bees. But we shouldn't need to have a full national holiday, impacting businesses, etc for what should take a few minutes....

-rvb

-rvb

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I must be in some sort of super minority. Never had a hard time voting, even when I lived in Indy. Walk in, do the thing, get my sticker.

Kinda blessed with our current polling place. Only about 600 registered voters out here. Even if we all show up at the same time, it won't take that long.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    or
    states could expand hours to make it easier, provide more polling stations, more machines to reduce wait times, etc. I think all the states around us have an extra hr longer to vote than we do. At least they let you vote if in line by the cut off, I don't think all states allow that.
    some states require employers give a couple hours of pd time off to vote. some states have civic holidays (ie govt offices closed).

I always thought it sucked that getting to the polls is hardest for the worker bees. But we shouldn't need to have a full national holiday, impacting businesses, etc for what should take a few minutes....

-rvb

-rvb

Just found this map. IN and KY are the first polls to close in the nation (6p Eastern). We don't need feds to fix THAT. Like I said, at least being in line by 6p counts. Don't know if that's true for KY.

https://ballotpedia.org/State_Poll_Opening_and_Closing_Times_(2016) <-- can't get ")" to be included in the link, have to copy/paste.

-rvb

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Voter suppression. They don't want people with jobs voting.

a94d240da45b4483f764d7ebb7c080b93edb786ebfc15fc4b1df43998306b2df.jpg

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    So....

Am I the only one that's somewhat opposed to the concept of early voting? Yes, I'm trying to utilize it since it's a thing, but I'd be much happier over-all if it wasn't a thing at all.

What I don't like is the "results" that get reported. I know they aren't real results, rather exit polling and reports based on whether (D) or (R) ballots were requested, etc, but I hate seeing "results" in places like FL this early. I feel it influences the election to some degree.

There. I got that off my chest.

-rvb

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I feel similarly, rvb. I'm fine with early and absentee voting, but all results should be reported all at once, after they are all tabulated.

The suspense might give the media a coronary, but that's fine with me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    or

-rvb

-rvb

Hey, maybe there is a use for Daylight Saving Time. We need to extend it another week so we can have an extra hour of voting on Tuesday.

I'm trying to channel ATM.

So....

Am I the only one that's somewhat opposed to the concept of early voting? Yes, I'm trying to utilize it since it's a thing, but I'd be much happier over-all if it wasn't a thing at all.

What I don't like is the "results" that get reported. I know they aren't real results, rather exit polling and reports based on whether (D) or (R) ballots were requested, etc, but I hate seeing "results" in places like FL this early. I feel it influences the election to some degree.

There. I got that off my chest.

-rvb

I like early voting. I think it should become a bigger thing. I wouldn't mind seeing an official Election Week across the nation.

I do agree on this, I'd rather the Press not report any election results until the results are complete.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    My civic responsibility is done, I cast my vote! In and out in less then 10 minutes. I OC'd while wearing my "Bolt actuons speak louder then words!" t-shirt.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I just got back from voting, even got my little sticker. Had to vote at the courthouse so no carrying allowed.

The way Vigo Co has decided to go to Voting Centers rather than voting in you district like it has been since time immemorial has made it a lot harder to vote on election day. It has made it much easier for college students and faculty to vote and harder for the rest of the county. Here we are the county that votes for the next president and gets it right for years and they are apparently making it a lot easier for Hillary to win. :patriot:

Top Bottom