• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Yep. My Mora is my woods knife - backpacking, camping, bushcrafting, etc. I think I’ve only touched the edge up 2-3 times on a pocket ceramic sharpener in my pack and the edge isn’t that far off from factory. Plenty of whittling, light batoning, fire prep and it’s been a champ. Carbon blade throws a decent spark too. Definitely a recommended knife for a person just getting into field knives.

Good score on Moras. I also own a Short Kabar fixed blade.(approx 4.75 in blade). It has been impressive as a belt knife in leather USMC sheath.
    I do own a full size Kabar USMC knife, but the 5in or about size seems to fit most scenarios. The full size is a 7in blade and overall bigger. I see why its a battle knife very popular and copied by others too.
    I don't use my knives for prybars, or batoning bigger than 1in or 2in wood. Hand Axe does better and easier. My blades are for slicing and trimming.
    Just practice your skills a bit, it gets easier. Good luck!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My favorite Mora used to be the Mora "Light my fire", and now they've renamed it to the Mora "Companion Spark". Personally, I think it's the most underrated fixed blade on the market for the $$. The knife/ferro rod and sheath all weigh 4 ounces which is silly lightweight for all that. The knife comes with a 90 degree spine. It's not a full tang knife, but if you go easy on it and use correctly you can get some light duty battoning with it to come up with tinder that'll take a spark. I think it's an incredible value at $30 ish for very solid lightweight package.

Edged Tools

Your EDC Knife Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    My favorite Mora used to be the Mora "Light my fire", and now they've renamed it to the Mora "Companion Spark". Personally, I think it's the most underrated fixed blade on the market for the $$. The knife/ferro rod and sheath all weigh 4 ounces which is silly lightweight for all that. The knife comes with a 90 degree spine. It's not a full tang knife, but if you go easy on it and use correctly you can get some light duty battoning with it to come up with tinder that'll take a spark. I think it's an incredible value at $30 ish for very solid lightweight package.

Looks like they come in red and yellow too :thumbsup:

Top Bottom