• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CMac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    B-town
    I know this has already been said here and other places I'm sure, but I am compelled to say it again. I CC most of the time, but I think it is wrong for people to attack or put down people who OC. So in response to the OP:

#1. I've learned from INGO and other places that carrying a gun involves a multitude of things beyond the gun itself. Mental preparedness and situational awarness are key. It won't matter that you have a gun if you aren't aware of the threat untill it is too late. If a chemically impaired person can sneak up on you then you need to get some training.

#2. It is not a reasonable argument to list what-ifs. "What if I OC and a BG disarms me?? What if I CC appendix but am knocked down and held face down so I can't draw?? What if -insert any situation that paints anything in a bad light-???" Choose whatever methods is most appropriate for you in whatever situation you find yourself in and get training/practice.

Newbie rant over. Experienced INGOers feel free to put me in my place now that I've went out on a limb and said my thoughts.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I invented a new way to carry. It's called the mbc. It stands for might be carrying. In the morning I get dressed and close my eyes. My wife then decides if and where to hide my gun on me. I walk around all day not knowing if I have a gun or where it is. Cause element of surprise is such a strong advantage.

Nailed it!

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I know this has already been said here and other places I'm sure, but I am compelled to say it again. I CC most of the time, but I think it is wrong for people to attack or put down people who OC. So in response to the OP:

#1. I've learned from INGO and other places that carrying a gun involves a multitude of things beyond the gun itself. Mental preparedness and situational awarness are key. It won't matter that you have a gun if you aren't aware of the threat untill it is too late. If a chemically impaired person can sneak up on you then you need to get some training.

#2. It is not a reasonable argument to list what-ifs. "What if I OC and a BG disarms me?? What if I CC appendix but am knocked down and held face down so I can't draw?? What if -insert any situation that paints anything in a bad light-???" Choose whatever methods is most appropriate for you in whatever situation you find yourself in and get training/practice.

Newbie rant over. Experienced INGOers feel free to put me in my place now that I've went out on a limb and said my thoughts.

I disagee with the someone sneaking up issue. Many circumstances require a defensive response which places you in a tactical disadvantage. Busy sidewalk with passerbys. Convenance store clerks are often robbed, do you suggest they draw down on someone walking through the door based upon their appearance. They aren't all behind bullett proof glass, and even those that are aren't always back there. Shelves need stocking, coffee made, restroom breaks... way too many variables to just dismiss this as poor situational awareness.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I don't OC in Summer because I live downtown where all the libs live and one, I don't care to attract attention and two, police have to answer "man with a gun" calls just wasting their time and mine. Winter I will when my coat covers it.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    MY EYES, THEY BUUURRRRRRNNNN!

Wow, I wish that I could unsee that. DARN you Denny!

KatyPerryasElmoKatyPerryhoppingandhopping_890ee9_2447803.gif

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I don't OC in Summer because I live downtown where all the libs live and one, I don't care to attract attention and two, police have to answer "man with a gun" calls just wasting their time and mine. Winter I will when my coat covers it.

They could instruct the folks taking the calls to ask a few questions about the MWAG instead of just sending out the police. It is not my job to go out of the way to make someone elses job easier

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    They could instruct the folks taking the calls to ask a few questions about the MWAG instead of just sending out the police. It is not my job to go out of the way to make someone elses job easier

No one on a phone is going to try and determine the validity of a man with gun call, that is why they send police. If they didn't and it was valid, then they would be libel.

Top Bottom