• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I choose not to OC as it would most likely cause the uninformed and anit-gun people to be very uncomfortable and prompt them to act out and do things that they would not normally do. I do not want to cause fear to a mother and child at the grocery store and create any additional stress in the lives of those around me. It might make me a primary target in a hostile situation should I ever be involve in one as an innocent bystander. It would draw unwanted attention to me almost anywhere I would go. Mall cops would target me for harassment. Hoodlums might decide to come up from behind and take my weapon from me by a surprise attack. It would give the uninformed and anti-gun people more ammunition in their discussions regarding the "nuts and cowboys" who carry firearms. A lot of people think it is a big attitude thing when they see someone oc'ing. Many have the first thought of the carrier being a toughguy wannabe with a chip on his shoulder. Those are probably most of the better reasons why I personally do not open carry a firearm.

:rofl:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I carry a gun.

I don't OC to 'flaunt my rights', I don't CC because I'm 'afraid to flaunt my rights'.

There are times when OC is appropriate, and inappropriate. There are times when CC is appropriate, and inappropriate.

I am wise enough to know the difference. I have to be, because...

I carry a gun.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I carry a gun.

I don't OC to 'flaunt my rights', I don't CC because I'm 'afraid to flaunt my rights'.

There are times when OC is appropriate, and inappropriate. There are times when CC is appropriate, and inappropriate.

I am wise enough to know the difference. I have to be, because...

I carry a gun.
    Did you just attempt a haiku?

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I just carry. If I lived in a larger area where less people I encountered were people I knew, then perhaps I'd OC. But because I can't leave the house without running into an old High School buddy, old co-worker, or just some familiar face I see all the time but don't know the name of... I CC. Nothing against OC. In fact, I'd probably rather prefer OCing. It's more comfortable. But I'm not big on small talk. I don't want to explain to my old High School teacher who I see walking down Main Street or to someone else I know why I now have a gun on my hip.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I just carry. If I lived in a larger area where less people I encountered were people I knew, then perhaps I'd OC. But because I can't leave the house without running into an old High School buddy, old co-worker, or just some familiar face I see all the time but don't know the name of... I CC. Nothing against OC. In fact, I'd probably rather prefer OCing. It's more comfortable. But I'm not big on small talk. I don't want to explain to my old High School teacher who I see walking down Main Street or to someone else I know why I now have a gun on my hip.

I'd sort of prefer that. I've been spotted by old HS teachers while OC, but they didn't say anything. Would be a fun conversation, might find out they're also into firearms.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport

I felt the same way when I started OCing. Then I realized most people don't even notice. It is strange.

Top Bottom