• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Who's the first person to get it in a bank robbery? Security guard.

Why? Cause he has a visible gun.

That's why I don't OC.

Are you sure it's not the uniform and the badge? Those seem like a red cape in front of a bull in the movies.

WOW! Looks like whosyer got in just before me. Oh well, great minds . . . . . . . .

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yes... Bank robbers target banks with guards over ones without so that they can 'shoot them first'.

They'd much rather choose a soft target if they can. I mean think about it - if you walked into a store that had 20 people in it - would you be more likely to rob it if you knew all of them were armed? How about if they were armed and all concealing - what now? Think you would still walk in and put others' lives in danger by trying to rob the place? 20 concealing people look like a soft target compared to 20 openly carrying and a store with 1 armed person [guard or patron] is a harder/more dangerous/risky proposition across the board for the average criminal.

I can't say it's impossible for a criminal to 'target' and kill an armed patron but most people who rob aren't looking at life sentences and generally unless they're high/tweaked out will probably not want to shoot anybody unless they feel their hand is forced and what little they stole is worth going to prison for the rest of their life.

Crazy people will ultimately do crazy things regardless of whether you're armed but being visibly armed and situational awareness is an excellent deterrent in most cases.

At the end of the day avoidance is best if possible regardless of the form of carry.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I am not real sure why this is such a big debate. The only time I care if anybody see's that I am carrying or not is at the mall or a restaurant with a no gun sign. Beyond that I don't ever tuck in my shirt and I'm a big guy. If the shirt rides up over my holster and somebody can see I am carrying I don't care. If nobody knows that I am armed I am good with that.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    No one on a phone is going to try and determine the validity of a man with gun call, that is why they send police. If they didn't and it was valid, then they would be libel.

Libel how? The police have no duty to protect and no liability if they do not.

do-not-think-it-means.jpeg

li·bel noun \ˈlī-bəl\
    : the act of publishing a false statement that causes people to have a bad opinion of someone

1)

a : a written statement in which a plaintiff in certain courts sets forth the cause of action or the relief sought
    b archaic : a handbill especially attacking or defaming someone

2)

a : a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression
    b (1) : a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt (2) : defamation of a person by written or representational means (3) : the publication of blasphemous, treasonable, seditious, or obscene writings or pictures (4) : the act, tort, or crime of publishing such a libel

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I choose not to OC as it would most likely cause the uninformed and anit-gun people to be very uncomfortable and prompt them to act out and do things that they would not normally do. I do not want to cause fear to a mother and child at the grocery store and create any additional stress in the lives of those around me. It might make me a primary target in a hostile situation should I ever be involve in one as an innocent bystander. It would draw unwanted attention to me almost anywhere I would go. Mall cops would target me for harassment. Hoodlums might decide to come up from behind and take my weapon from me by a surprise attack. It would give the uninformed and anti-gun people more ammunition in their discussions regarding the "nuts and cowboys" who carry firearms. A lot of people think it is a big attitude thing when they see someone oc'ing. Many have the first thought of the carrier being a toughguy wannabe with a chip on his shoulder. Those are probably most of the better reasons why I personally do not open carry a firearm.

Top Bottom